Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Murgz
Rookie Member

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby Murgz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:07 am

I had to do everything but the written again. It was worth the effort.

Does this mean second time is a charm? did you do anything differently to make yourself more competitive the second time around?
EPS Application Package - 08/12/2016
ACT and APCAT - completed 09/24/2016
A-PREP - completed 11/7/2016
BDI - completed 12/22/2016
PDI - completed 12/28/2016
Psychological - completed 01/13/2016
Polygraph - completed 02/07/2016
Medical
Background

OfficerGrumpyCat
Rookie Member

Postby OfficerGrumpyCat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 pm

All I did was look at myself objectively, note there are hundreds of other applicants and respect the fact that the service owed me nothing.

Everyone knows what they need to improve upon.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:22 am

ACT/APCAT -passed
Package mailed out

jrscout
Rookie Member

Postby jrscout » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Background finished up last Tuesday (July 4th), patiently waiting by the phone after being sent to final review! Anyone else in the same boat? My nerves are through the roof!
Application - March 11th
ACT/APCAT - March 11th
APREP - April 10th
BDI - April 25th
PDI - May 17th
Medical - May 31st
Poly - June 1st
Psych - June 1st
Background - June 20th '17-July 4th
"The Call" - July 28th
RTC #141 - August 14th

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:11 pm

off to BDI and audiometric testing in August )))))))))))))))))))))

jrscout
Rookie Member

Postby jrscout » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Received the call I've been dreaming about at 1439H today! Hired for RTC #141! So surreal. :D
Application - March 11th
ACT/APCAT - March 11th
APREP - April 10th
BDI - April 25th
PDI - May 17th
Medical - May 31st
Poly - June 1st
Psych - June 1st
"The Call" - July 28th
RTC #141 - August 14th

Stark

Postby Stark » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:44 am

jrscout wrote:Received the call I've been dreaming about at 1439H today! Hired for RTC #141! So surreal. :D

Congrats and good luck. Now the fun begins.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 am

jrscout wrote:Received the call I've been dreaming about at 1439H today! Hired for RTC #141! So surreal. :D

Congrats!!! Amazing work!!!

jrscout
Rookie Member

Postby jrscout » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:28 am

Anyone out there have any words of wisdom for the upcoming tsunami of information and change myself and my fellow recruits and about to be hit with?
Application - March 11th
ACT/APCAT - March 11th
APREP - April 10th
BDI - April 25th
PDI - May 17th
Medical - May 31st
Poly - June 1st
Psych - June 1st
"The Call" - July 28th
RTC #141 - August 14th

MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member

Postby MasterPlanMan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:18 pm

jrscout wrote:Anyone out there have any words of wisdom for the upcoming tsunami of information and change myself and my fellow recruits and about to be hit with?

The first week is physically and mentally exhausting. From a stress day, the green man challenge and river valley run, it will be draining. Not to mention the stress of the environment itself and the daunting realization that you have 25 weeks still ahead of you.

A lot of places have moved away from the EPS style of doing things, but you'll look back on it with pride.

Learn to smile in the face of adversity and know you are always being watched. And in the end, it's all worth it.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 am

jrscout wrote:Anyone out there have any words of wisdom for the upcoming tsunami of information and change myself and my fellow recruits and about to be hit with?

I didn't do EPS, I went to Depot, but I think some of the advice will remain. Just take things one day at a time, if you try to focus on everything at once, it is overwhelming. If you just deal with the task at hand, it becomes manageable.
K division.

Petronas
Rookie Member

Postby Petronas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Hello there, I'm a recent oil and gas engineer graduate and i'm looking to trade in those underused overalls for a uniform and a badge. Not that long ago, I was at a career fair at my university and I was talking to the police officer and forgot to ask these types of question so i'm hoping one of yall could. How much work experience and volunteering experience do I need under my belt before I apply? I'm 22 years old and have ~3 months of oil and gas work experience doing 12 hours shifts (day/night), 3 months of customer service retail, and 1 year working as a freelancer shoveling snow/cutting grass. As for volunteering, I've only participated in highschool fundraisers such as walk for water and 24 hour bikeathon for Kids with Cancer Society. Do I have a chance or do I have to get more work/volunteering experience and if so how much and what kind of jobs should I be going after? Thank you.

MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member

Postby MasterPlanMan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Petronas wrote:Hello there, I'm a recent oil and gas engineer graduate and i'm looking to trade in those underused overalls for a uniform and a badge. Not that long ago, I was at a career fair at my university and I was talking to the police officer and forgot to ask these types of question so i'm hoping one of yall could. How much work experience and volunteering experience do I need under my belt before I apply? I'm 22 years old and have ~3 months of oil and gas work experience doing 12 hours shifts (day/night), 3 months of customer service retail, and 1 year working as a freelancer shoveling snow/cutting grass. As for volunteering, I've only participated in highschool fundraisers such as walk for water and 24 hour bikeathon for Kids with Cancer Society. Do I have a chance or do I have to get more work/volunteering experience and if so how much and what kind of jobs should I be going after? Thank you.

I'm sure you've already seen joineps.ca, if not it is a great resource. Also you will see Recruit Classes are very diverse in regards to the recruit's work, volunteer, school and life experiences. You won't know where you stand until you try.

Murgz
Rookie Member

Postby Murgz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:53 pm

MasterPlanMan wrote:
Petronas wrote:Hello there, I'm a recent oil and gas engineer graduate and i'm looking to trade in those underused overalls for a uniform and a badge. Not that long ago, I was at a career fair at my university and I was talking to the police officer and forgot to ask these types of question so i'm hoping one of yall could. How much work experience and volunteering experience do I need under my belt before I apply? I'm 22 years old and have ~3 months of oil and gas work experience doing 12 hours shifts (day/night), 3 months of customer service retail, and 1 year working as a freelancer shoveling snow/cutting grass. As for volunteering, I've only participated in highschool fundraisers such as walk for water and 24 hour bikeathon for Kids with Cancer Society. Do I have a chance or do I have to get more work/volunteering experience and if so how much and what kind of jobs should I be going after? Thank you.

I'm sure you've already seen joineps.ca, if not it is a great resource. Also you will see Recruit Classes are very diverse in regards to the recruit's work, volunteer, school and life experiences. You won't know where you stand until you try.

The best way is to get involved as much as you can, if you are in the Edmonton area I would highly suggest coming out to the run with recruiter program. This will help with fitness, and a great place to meet some of the recruiters and other people that are in the process.
EPS Application Package - 08/12/2016
ACT and APCAT - completed 09/24/2016
A-PREP - completed 11/7/2016
BDI - completed 12/22/2016
PDI - completed 12/28/2016
Psychological - completed 01/13/2016
Polygraph - completed 02/07/2016
Medical
Background

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Passed my bdi this morning
Off to pdi end of the august
What an amazing experience.
The interviewers were great and very accomodating.
Dm for any questions