Page 1 of 1

Firearm Licensing

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm
by elliekb93
Hi there,

I am about to graduate from SFU in B.C. with a BA in Criminology. Does anyone in the Vancouver area know where a good place is to get firearm certified i.e. for applying to the CBSA?

Thanks,

Eleanor

Re: Firearm Licensing

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:46 pm
by NatWood
You mean getting your RPAL?
Silvercore does a lot of training in the Lower Mainland- look them up.

Re: Firearm Licensing

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:29 pm
by Nesdolian
elliekb93 wrote:Hi there,

I am about to graduate from SFU in B.C. with a BA in Criminology. Does anyone in the Vancouver area know where a good place is to get firearm certified i.e. for applying to the CBSA?

Thanks,

Eleanor


We were taught to Google at KPU :P

Re: Firearm Licensing

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:05 pm
by elliekb93
NatWood wrote:You mean getting your RPAL?
Silvercore does a lot of training in the Lower Mainland- look them up.



Thanks! :)

Re: Firearm Licensing

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:56 pm
by Dave Brown
For a small or average sized group, the CFSC is 12 hours minimum. The CRFSC, if taken immediately after the CFSC can be as short as 6 hours. (This does NOT include coffee, lunch or testing.)

Any less, and you are not getting your money's worth.

Research your choices where you go very carefully. The day you are standing there with a gun in your hand staring down the muzzle of a crazed killer, do you really want to be secure in the fact that you did the MINIMUM possible and saved a few dollars? Think fast ... you only have the rest of your life to think about it.

Re: Firearm Licensing

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:16 am
by Nesdolian
Dave Brown wrote:For a small or average sized group, the CFSC is 12 hours minimum. The CRFSC, if taken immediately after the CFSC can be as short as 6 hours. (This does NOT include coffee, lunch or testing.)

Any less, and you are not getting your money's worth.

Research your choices where you go very carefully. The day you are standing there with a gun in your hand staring down the muzzle of a crazed killer, do you really want to be secure in the fact that you did the MINIMUM possible and saved a few dollars? Think fast ... you only have the rest of your life to think about it.


And after your licensed, practice practice practice.