XBMC

Discussion about computer hardware, software, or any other tech equipment, including innovations and ideas.
Tango5
Rookie Member

Re: XBMC

Postby Tango5 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Ducatiram wrote:I have a gbox, and so do most of my coworkers. They are great but every so often you need to reinstall all of the software... From my experience. I've gotten to the point where I just stream stuff off of the Internet and connect AirPlay it through my Apple TV.

Unless you have tones of individually installed Add-ons...
Fresh start and fresh loading of a pre-build skin/build takes total maybe 5 to 20 minutes depending on source.

It's as simple as 1,2,3
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

2XPLICIT
Rookie Member

Postby 2XPLICIT » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:40 pm

You don't have to un-install and re-install all the time. The problem that I found with Kodi is that it has a caching issue. Which means you need to clear your cache and then insure that the program has been stopped then restart it. If there was a way to clear the cache automatically by setting up parameters that when it meets that specific threshold it automatically clears and or if you close kodi. The problem that we have is when we hit out home screen button or switch applications kodi does not close. The program is always running eating up system resources.
CFSC - Passed
CRFSC - Passed
CBSA GTA Applicant - Applied: June 2017
GCT2/WCPT: Sept.11.2017 :shock: - Pending
Interview:
Written Psych:
Psych Interview:
Security Papers:
Medical:
PARE:
Integrity Interview:

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Doesn't AresWizard do the scheduled cleanups for you?
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.