Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Discussion about computer hardware, software, or any other tech equipment, including innovations and ideas.
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 pm

A few friends of mine have been using this phone for a little while now, they really liked it and the reviews looked pretty good, plus Mother was bugging me for a "more up to date phone"... I don't know what was wrong with her old Motorola Razr, heck, she lost it in the snow a couple years ago and found it when things melted, she dried it out and it still works great!

So last week decided to make use of my Fido dollars, stopped by Georgian Mall in Barrie on the way back from up north and picked one up... OMG it's pretty amazing!!! So far my only complaint is the speaker volume for the ringer, it could be louder, there's a fix for that, but for now I've installed few ringtones that seem to be quite louder.

I'm just curious if others have >>> THIS <<< phone, what they think of it, and what mods & apps you've done... I'm running Jelly Bean 4.1 in mine... And yes, Mother got my old iPhone 4 the same day I picked up my Nexus, so that should keep her occupied for awhile.
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

PolarisLTZ
Rookie Member

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Postby PolarisLTZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 pm

just sold my nexus on kijiji, nothing but problems.
I even had it sent away twice only to come back with new issues.

Q-Tip

Postby Q-Tip » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:57 pm

Went from an Iphone 3gs to android back in April...havent been happier.
I ended up getting the Galaxy Note, but the other phone I was looking at was the Nexus.
Nexus is still up there and on par with the galaxy S3, very small differences in the two phones.
Lots of development/root options available for it too...it was google's flagship phone before the S3 rolled out.
NFC is a nice feature if you havent stumbled upon it yet.
Devil hands have been busy...

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:48 am

My friend has the Note... I wasn't ready for such a BIG phone... not that mine is much smaller than his once you add an Otterbox.

Oh, and >>> HERE <<< is the fix for the audio for Jelly Bean.
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)