Blackberry 10

Discussion about computer hardware, software, or any other tech equipment, including innovations and ideas.
Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Blackberry 10

Postby Bairdo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 am

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: Blackberry 10

Postby Apollo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:37 am

Im jumping ship. Im done with blackberry.

Iphone or galaxy here i come!

Painkiller
Seasoned Member

Postby Painkiller » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:27 am

I'll be getting the BlackBerry "London" or the BlackBerry "Nevada" when it comes out in Q1 2013.

I am a die hard supported of RIM, they make an EXCELLENT product. I've tried the iPhone and the Android products, and I am not impressed AT ALL, I can do exactly the same thing with my BlackBerry, and I can type a HELL of a lot faster with an actual QWERTY keyboard.

If you like watching movies on your phone and playing video games, get an iPhone or Android phone. If you are over the age of 25....... get a BlackBerry.

I currently use a BlackBerry Bold 9900 running O.S. 7.1
Painkiller

---------------------
Proud Member of the Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada
Join Now - www.mppac.ca

ryan.p
Rookie Member

Postby ryan.p » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 am

RIM still exists?
| Now on board with VanB's 5 step program |

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:39 pm

:aye:

What Hoodwinkle said!
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

TMLF

Postby TMLF » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Hoodwinkle wrote:No interest. Have a work BB and dislike it...prefer my iPhone all around.

Apollo wrote:Im jumping ship. Im done with blackberry.

Iphone or galaxy here i come!

I agree...

This was my first and last BB product.
The only benefit to it as far as I'm concerned is BBM, which can be outdone by WhatsApp...
I've had multiple issues with software and updates... and to be honest, I'll be surprised if the company makes it to the anticipated date of release for BB10.

I'm going Android as soon as, if not before, my contract is up.

Galaxy SIII is what it's looking like so far.
-T

[Insert witty signature quote here...]

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44 am

Bairdo wrote:Anyone else looking forward to it?

I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll make it that far.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 am

I think the Blackberry is a great product, I really prefer the keyboard over a touchscreen for emails and I use it for that a lot. That being said, my Blackberry will be three years old at the beginning of October and I will probably go with an iPhone. If RIM does a turnaround by then I'll reconsider, but I'm Apple with all other devices, especially for work - iMac, Macbook, iPad.

sonikstorm
Rookie Member

Postby sonikstorm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:23 pm

meathead1 wrote:

Agreed,

They just cut 5000 staff, investors are shitting chickens, there is no 3rd party support, the hardware barely works.
But I heard they just got into touch screen!

I love the keyboard... BUT iOS and Android are dominating. If 10 gets released, it won't be able to compete with the big boys.

Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Postby Bairdo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:37 pm

sonikstorm wrote:
meathead1 wrote:

Agreed,

They just cut 5000 staff, investors are shitting chickens, there is no 3rd party support, the hardware barely works.
But I heard they just got into touch screen!

I love the keyboard... BUT iOS and Android are dominating. If 10 gets released, it won't be able to compete with the big boys.

Why's that? what revolutionary new features has iOs come out with since the platform launched? iOs and Android are dominating in North America, but that's not the case elsewhere in the world where is RIM has continued to expand.

sonikstorm
Rookie Member

Postby sonikstorm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Well, if it's expanding elsewhere, it's not being brought into the news. A 75% slash in its playbook, months after its launch tells me that RIM is in the shits.
5000 jobs soon to be cut, also shows me that it's in a bit of trouble, plus 2100 earlier in the year and, according to wikipedia RIM has to pay up $147 mill due to some infringement.

If 10 gets released, it will be a miracle. RIM seems to be continuing a streak of horrible luck.

Nope, nothing new in iOS. Why would you buy a Harley Davidson if a Kawasaki Shadow will do?

Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Postby Bairdo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:02 pm

sonikstorm wrote:Well, if it's expanding elsewhere, it's not being brought into the news. A 75% slash in its playbook, months after its launch tells me that RIM is in the shits.
5000 jobs soon to be cut, also shows me that it's in a bit of trouble, plus 2100 earlier in the year and, according to wikipedia RIM has to pay up $147 mill due to some infringement.

If 10 gets released, it will be a miracle. RIM seems to be continuing a streak of horrible luck.

Nope, nothing new in iOS. Why would you buy a Harley Davidson if a Kawasaki Shadow will do?

It has been in the news. The North America just loves to bash RIM. 75% slash in the Playbook - correct. And what product is Apple about to bring to the market? A 7 inch iPad (which they said they would never do because it was a terrible size) and priced around where the Playbook is priced. Companies win and lose patent suits all the time. Apple seems to do nothing but sue other companies lately who are bringing forward new products while not innovating much themselves. There's a lot more to understanding a company than looking at the stock market and the news that can be skewed any number of ways. Funny how Apple was the biggest promoter of Html5 when it was an emerging technology and now lag behind everyone (including RIM) in implementing it. I don't need one of the thousand solitaire games in iTunes, or a fart app - my Blackberry handles what I use it for better than an iPhone ever could. I use it as a communication device - not for entertainment.

PolarisLTZ
Rookie Member

Postby PolarisLTZ » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:03 pm

The all touch phone coming out in january is gonna be awsome!. I have seen and very briefly used the final production version and I can tell you the screen, processor, UI, and connection speed is all extremly competitive with apple and android. Not to mention the software they have spent so much time devloping is very powerfull and I think will bring rim back into the game!.