Anti virus

Discussion about computer hardware, software, or any other tech equipment, including innovations and ideas.
TMLF

Re: Anti virus

Postby TMLF » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:01 pm

I've been using bitdefender for the last 3 years...
I usually grab it when it goes on sale for about 29$... retail is 69...
The good thing about it is that the license is good for 3 PCs, so I can do my laptop, desktop and still have another if someone I know needs one.
Its a full program too... A-Z coverage.

*Edit... Wow... way to resurrect a dead thread...
-T

[Insert witty signature quote here...]

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:51 pm

TMLF wrote:I've been using bitdefender for the last 3 years...
The good thing about it is that the license is good for 3 PCs, so I can do my laptop, desktop and still have another if someone I know needs one.

So what you are saying is you started using bitdefender the last time someone posted in here :lol:
WADDAYA MEAN I CAN'T TAKE OFF MY SWEADDER??? I'M HAWT!!!! - Drunken Mr.Rogers

TMLF

Postby TMLF » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:02 pm

TwE@k wrote:
TMLF wrote:I've been using bitdefender for the last 3 years...

So what you are saying is you started using bitdefender the last time someone posted in here :lol:

Yup! Pretty much!
:lol: :thumbsup:
-T

[Insert witty signature quote here...]

mark y
Rookie Member

Postby mark y » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:47 pm

warden602 wrote:The best antivirus you can get is a Mac computer.

Heh - also the most expensive solution, I might add. ;)

The bad news: Macs are NOT immune to viruses. A friend of mine is the VP of Development for Sophos, a very large commercial/enterprise level antivirus software manufacturer. He's had viruses on his personal mac. I have other friends with Macs who have also had viruses.

The good news: Sophos has a free anti-virus software program (ahem, app) available for macs. See http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools.aspx . I have it on my iMac and it seems to work well and I've not noticed any slowdowns.
Last edited by mark y on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mark y
Rookie Member

Postby mark y » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Mississauga86 wrote:I just format my computer every time I get a virus. What I did though and I recommend this to anyone using XP is partition your hard drive so that you dont lose the important stuff in case something like this occurs.

How does partitioning your HDD save you from viruses? Assuming you have all the partitions active (mounted), a virus could very easily leak from one partition to another. All they are are virtual hard drives.

pasierbek
Rookie Member

Postby pasierbek » Sat May 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Ive used a combination of Avira Antivirus and Spybot Search and Destroy. But now the new Kaspersky Antivirus does it all, with an easy to use interface and minimal drag on the CPU. Whatever you do, dont use Norton Antivirus cause it's garbage. But even if you do that by mistake, dont make an even bigger mistake by purchasing a Mac :P
"The world aint all sunshine and rainbows. Its a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody aint gonna hit as hard as life..."