Students/ Volunteers needed for Canada Day event in Toronto

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
KrisL
Rookie Member

Students/ Volunteers needed for Canada Day event in Toronto

Postby KrisL » Thu May 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Hey everyone, I hope this is ok to post here.
We are having our annual Canada Day celebration at Stan Wadlow Park in East York in Toronto's East End and are looking to have volunteers who are seeking to gain some experience in dealing with large crowds at an outdoor event. If you are a law enforcement student in or around the city, or someone looking to get different experience for your resume; and have your smart serve certification as well as Standard First Aid along with CPR/AED training we would love for you to join us! We are Toronto's longest running Canada Day event so come and join us for a some great experience dealing with the public. We ask for only four hours of your time, or you can stay for the day if you like. We will need folks from 07:00 hours until 00:01 hours. We promise to feed you as well, and will provide your staff t-shirt.
If this sounds like something you are interested in contact me here or at kristinel@eycdc.ca

Thanks so much and stay safe out there folks!

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Re: Students/ Volunteers needed for Canada Day event in Toro

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat May 12, 2018 4:35 pm

How do you normally staff your events?

I know in Mississauga, they require certain coverage based on liability, and insurance if something goes sideways... I would assume Toronto would have something similar?

Our Volunteers for example recently assisted with crowd control at a couple major intersections at the most recent St. Patrick's Day Parade in Toronto, we were brought in by the organizers in addition to Toronto Police Service, so our Members were covered under the event's liability insurance in that case. Prior to that, the same organizers used us at the recommendation of the City of Mississauga at the last Mississauga Santa Claus Parade, in that case our Members are covered under the City of Mississauga's insurance.

And before you ask... our Members will be busy with our own Canada Day Celebrations in Streetsville. :thumbsup:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)