2017 Blue Line Expo Review

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

2017 Blue Line Expo Review

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue May 02, 2017 11:57 pm

I just thought that I would toss this up here... for anyone that attended the Expo today, see what you thought of the new venue and such.

I attended the Trade Show portion of the Expo only with a few friends, arriving shortly after 10:00 a.m. there was TONS of parking! I noticed a handful of exhibitors set up just beyond the front doors, then was greeted by 3 ladies at the registration booth, none of them looked familiar. I met Cam briefly shortly after I arrived, we chatted for a bit and cleared up a little flashing incident from last week in Pottageville... Cam uses any excuse to throw his roof lights on!

Walking into the the Trade Show floor, I saw my friend from Panasonic, so we chatted for awhile then moved on to the other 39 exhibitors... The venue looked very modern and clean with a roll away wall covering a separate section (which I thought was more exhibitors at first) that was a "session room" with chairs and a stage set up, along with a table with beverages, and another table with counterfeit items that I didn't really have any interest in looking at.

We walked around about 3 or 4 times, since some of the exhibitors we wanted to chat with were busy... My one friend I went with is a gun nut (part of the RCMP Firearms Verifier Network), he spent awhile chatting with Stoeger Canada, the fellow there was great and got my friend pretty excited... Colt Canada on the other hand, if you are not Police, they won't give you the time of day. I wanted to check out the BlackBerry exhibitor, but because of how his booth was set up, only a couple people at a time could be there to chat with the fellow, and he always had someone there. Inkas had a pretty cool set up with their vehicle inside the building, that's one heavy duty vehicle! It was great to see Fundy Tactical there, they are actually Respond's new supplier of uniforms!

We left shortly after 11:00 a.m., so we were there for an hour, chatted to several exhibitors, saw everything several times... but was sad to not see any of the Blue Line Staff.

If they were there, they blended in with the crowd... there was a "Blue Line" table set up in a corner, space 43, there were chairs set up but no one home. :(

I would have thought that someone from the old Blue Line would have been there, maybe to answer any questions about the ownership change over, introduce the new people who might have been there...?
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Re: 2017 Blue Line Expo Review

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 am

No point in going if there's no patch show... :twisted:
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed May 03, 2017 10:32 pm

No 20 Year Medal wrote:No point in going if there's no patch show... :twisted:

Funny you mention that... I tried, believe me I tried...

I even sent an email to Bob Pyefinch & Tom Rataj back on January 3, followed up with Bob a few times, and unfortunately CPICA was not in the new Blue Line Expo's plans for this year.

I see that the same company "annexweb" runs the Firehall.com Forum too... I signed up for an account there, and being new, a Moderator had to approve posts... I saw none of my posts being posted, so I dug around and found the contact for the Forum... I contacted Annex Web's "Kyle Shay" back on February 24 to explain the situation... The same day I received "How are you Wayne"... That's it... LOL... I replied to ask if he's the correct person... and...

:tumbleweed:

So I have no clue what's going on... they are highly active on Social Media... not so much on "old fashion" emails. :?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon May 08, 2017 10:21 pm

Just an update... I attended the Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs Trade Show today, there were a few Exhibitors from Blue Line Expo there.

I simply started the conversations with "Hey, it's like I just saw you a week ago at Blue Line"... One fellow told me it will be his last Blue Line Expo... For what they pay and the small number of potential customers that he makes positive contacts with, it's not worth his time any longer.

I realize the OAFC Trade Show is a totally different animal, it takes about 3 or 4 hours to see the entire show, as opposed to 30 minutes at the Blue Line Expo... I guess it's been like that for so long, the Exhibitors were really hoping that the new management and venue would put a spark into things... But no... Actually, I chatted with one Exhibitor at OAFC who has attended Blue Line Expo in the past, and he told me there was nothing to really attract him to the new venue, the pricing was the same, if not more, and it didn't really do anything for his business.

Time for me to fade away into the shadows... See ya! :wave:
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<