Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service

Postby devilwoman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:45 am

Honestly, if you're that interested in helping others, go to school, become a paramedic or firefighter and have the training, skills and coverage to effectively, legally and safely deal with emergencies.

I understand that it's probably easier to put flashing lights on a vehicle, get some used bunker gear and hi vis and go out and patrol, but I'm betting your insurance company wouldn't cover you if someone smashes into your vehicle if it's stopped at a scene. Pretty sure that isn't covered by "personal use" only, which is most likely how you have declared the usage on your vehicle to your insurance company.

Wayne has given you the ways and means to become legitimate and get the training/accreditation you require to perform these tasks. I think that you need to take a serious, hard look at what he and others are telling you.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:16 am

What is wrong with becoming a member of the St Johns Ambulance brigade, or Reserve Fire Fighter (anybody else feel this should be their title, rather than Volunteer, at least for those FD where the "volunteers" receive fonsncial compensation - making them more in line with CF Reserves?)?

I guess as long as you are not driving like a bat out of Hell to get there, do not get upset when the public do not get out if your way, or bent out of shape if they do not follow your directions, understand to step back and let the paid professionals do their jobs, and go to Court when Supoenaed, then carry on.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband (8*+), Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

Mike Edgerton
Rookie Member

Postby Mike Edgerton » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:02 am

I have considered other organizations such as St. John ambulance, however my goal is to provide free first-aid services and no organizations in my area offer this. We are getting insurance for our services and we train bi-weekly with a professional event medical/patient transfer service to continually improve our skills. Car accidents and breakdowns are not something we are often at with about 6 incidents per year and in close communication with police dispatch each time we attend any incident and EMS dispatch when needed, however we mainly focus on event operations. We will continue to upgrade our training working toward EFR and then to MFR.