Ford warranties

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Re: Ford warranties

Postby IndictableChaser » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 pm

polarbear wrote:Reviving an old post.... Work done on my 2013 fiesta so far:

New tie rods
One catalictic converter
Two new heater fans
Two sets of clutches and seals
Six transmission reprograms / resets
One new cv and boot
One screen added to avoid any snow infiltration into the heating system
Has needed to be towed twice

The car is just over two years old.

Are you paul walker reincarnate?

Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

polarbear
King Poobah

Postby polarbear » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:28 am

Nope, it's an automatic, dual clutch powershift transmission.

I have no say in how the car shifts gears.
POLICE OFFICER

polarbear
King Poobah

Postby polarbear » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:09 am

So they replaced my cluthes on Friday.

Saturday, on my way home from work, the check engine light starts flashing on the highway. I bring the car in this morning and the check engine flashes again indicating a major fault in the engine, including misfires and over heating conditions that could lead to cat burn out and engine failure.

Fuck me.
POLICE OFFICER

polarbear
King Poobah

Postby polarbear » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:51 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:So IIRC, that's two Ford (new?) vehicles back to back that have gone to absolute crap while you owned them?

Three.

A 2013 Escape that I returned because I could not in good conscience keep driving for safety reasons (brake and abs systems, Ecoboost freezing up and guzzling gas like no tomorrow without a gas station for 300-400 kms depending where I was going)

Then I got my 2013 fiesta and inherited this headache.

I replaced my escape with a 2013 5.0l f-150 xlt. At 150km the two front speakers died. The first winter, I got it towed twice because the blend door for the heat selector would freeze to cold (still no fix for this issue..... It's open and waiting for engeneers to come up with Something). My front and back chrome bumpers as well as my tow hooks are constantly rusting, and all for does is polish them whenever I start blowing a fuse at the dealership.

I am never buying a ford again. Their products suck. Their customer service is poor at best. Their customer service on week-ends, despite my extended warranty with rental replacement, if the vehicle still runs, ford's roadside assistance will not help you out, and the telephone service dept is closed.
POLICE OFFICER

polarbear
King Poobah

Postby polarbear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:30 pm

I guess one good thing that might come out of this junker is that I think I convinced my wife that a 2016 Subaru WRX sport-tech would make a good reliable family vehicle. :twisted:
POLICE OFFICER

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:53 pm

polarbear wrote:I guess one good thing that might come out of this junker is that I think I convinced my wife that a 2016 Subaru WRX sport-tech would make a good reliable family vehicle. :twisted:

Dude, just get a Chevy and be done with it haha.

TBH, I've never understood Subarus. I know all their models are AWD, but they all sit so damn low to the ground, I can't see how they'd do any good in the winter. Ground clearance is equally as important as having power to all 4 wheels.

polarbear
King Poobah

Postby polarbear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:
polarbear wrote:I guess one good thing that might come out of this junker is that I think I convinced my wife that a 2016 Subaru WRX sport-tech would make a good reliable family vehicle. :twisted:

TBH, I've never understood Subarus. I know all their models are AWD, but they all sit so damn low to the ground, I can't see how they'd do any good in the winter. Ground clearance is equally as important as having power to all 4 wheels.

Living in Ottawa now, and having a pick-up truck, I am not too worried about the massive downfall of snow, as it gets cleared up fairly quick over here.... unlike Toronto where they have to wait for the Army to show up!
POLICE OFFICER

allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Postby allbrancereal » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:03 am

Or just stick with European or Japanese cars and not go through these issues. I said goodbye to American cars in my teens and never looked back. No regrets.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 am

Subarus are notorious for head gasket issues. And bad clutches. The AWD is great, especially if matched up with a set of snows, but fuel mileage is poor.

To be honest, every vehicle make has issues now, no matter the brand. All of the designers mish mash and it's not uncommon to see a Ford engineer move to Toyota or Dodge engineer move to Chev, etc..

Mass production is the cause of so many issues, that and moving production to cheap labour countries to avoid rising union labour costs. I'm not upset when my vehicle fails, only upset if I get the run around from my dealer. I'm very understanding that things can break, I will never be understanding if you jerk me around rather than fix the break.

Dodge service has been great for me. With that being said, I also have a great mechanic who does the majority of the work on my vehicles (exception of warranty or recalls) at a way lower cost and who doesn't try to upsell me items I don't need.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

melom
Seasoned Member

Postby melom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:

They're really good at plowing snow with those low bumpers tho.

Rareform
Sage Member

Postby Rareform » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Odd...

I have a 2008 Ford F-150 Lariat extended cab. Never had a problem with it.
Last edited by Rareform on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

CBK

Postby CBK » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:22 pm

I miss the old cars / trucks that rarely ever broke down and IF they did you could fix it yourself in an afternoon. Vehicles have become so complicated.
Bring back my '72 Impala (350) and my '86 Silverado (350). I could climb right in next to the engine and fix ANY thing with a couple wrenches and maybe a flat head screw driver.

Snowman
Rookie Member

Postby Snowman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:33 am

I ended up with my Father In Laws 2004 Taurus SEL Wagon, 3.0L 24v as a winter beater. I looked thru all of the service history records he left with the car, shameful service. The Ford dealership in Kingston used every opportunity to take advantage of a senior. But, I can't really say this is much different than the service we had from GM over the years. Can't believe how many times they did brake work on that car, I've done them once, 50,000K ago, and still in great shape.
The only thing we can't keep ahead of with the old Taurus is rust.
The last thing I found wrong with the old Taurus was a cabin filter wrongly installed, it even has arrows on it, while trying to figure out how the water was getting in the passenger side of the car. :banghead:
We bought an import last time, and over the last 8 years, minimal issues, and usually had good service. We are in the market again for another new car this year, and it will be another Toyota, Honda or Subaru.
Beer Me !

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:39 pm

I have a Honda Ridgeline, 268,000 km on it right now, I've done the usual maintenance and I seem to recall an issue with the fan motor when it was still under warranty. I'm thinking of a couple years old Pilot next, they're not exactly exciting but I think I'm past wanting excitement from a vehicle. Boring and reliable is more up my alley these days.

It's nice to have the bed on the Ridgeline now and then, but weatherproof cargo space would be better most of the time. As long as it can tow a trailer with an ATV on it I'll be happy! (New toy coming soon!)