Google Earth

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
Mailman
Rookie Member

Google Earth

Postby Mailman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:11 am

Google Earth is great, I do wish all the photos were done at the bigger scale though.

I was just looking at depot, the airport is right across the road... I didn't know that. Pretty scary the stuff that the governments that have access to the sats can see!

wicked_police
Grand Poobah

Re: Google Earth

Postby wicked_police » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:46 am

Depot isn't so bad, since the public does have some access. I've never looked at it before, I think I'll check it right now. :)

But you can google earth military bases as well, including one just outside of Ottawa that we used to do all our tactical training at.

If you've been in the buildings, you can tell exactly where the gym, weight room, pool, indoor ranges, classrooms, mess, everything is.

There's some really cool stuff on google earth if you know where to look, and some cities have street views as well.

TheWidowsSon
Seasoned Member

Postby TheWidowsSon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:43 am

wicked_police wrote:Cede Nullis

Isn't that the motto of the British Light Infantry? :ponder:
Proud to be a jail guard. Don't like it? Get over yourself .

wicked_police
Grand Poobah

Postby wicked_police » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:47 am

Yup.
That's the one.

That location has one of the better weight rooms I've been in.

And I don't know about the BLI, but it is the motto of a sniper unit here in Canada.

Parking159

Postby Parking159 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:50 pm

I wonder how many "secret" military installations have turned up on Google Earth? I know that they try to censor that information but some stuff probably gets by. For example the US government still publicly denies the existence of Area 51 but there it is for the world to see on GE. :D
Convincing a wise man is easy. Reasoning with a fool is difficult.

TheWidowsSon
Seasoned Member

Postby TheWidowsSon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Parking159 wrote:For example the US government still publicly denies the existence of Area 51 but there it is for the world to see on GE. :D

Shhhhh :shame: No, it isn't!

(Sheesh, real nice secret base we had once, Lenny. :roll: )
Proud to be a jail guard. Don't like it? Get over yourself .

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Parking159 wrote:I wonder how many "secret" military installations have turned up on Google Earth? I know that they try to censor that information but some stuff probably gets by. For example the US government still publicly denies the existence of Area 51 but there it is for the world to see on GE. :D
Do they? I thought they denied that it held aliens and alien space crafts and crap like that, but acknowledged that it is an airforce base.

But yeah, Google Earth is pretty cool. It's a great time waster, just flying around and looking at different landmarks, or cities, or whatever.