RCMP Constable Chris Worden.

A forum for those who wish to speak of fellow officers who have died on or off duty.
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

RCMP Constable Chris Worden.

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:06 pm

Thoughts are with the fallen Officer's family & friends... :cry:

CTV News wrote:An RCMP officer has died after responding to a complaint in Hay River, N.W.T., Saturday morning.

Chris Worden, 30, of Ottawa, was shot while he was responding to a call in the town of 3,600. He later died of his wounds.

Hay River is located on the south shore of Great Slave Lake, 400 kilometres south of Yellowknife.

People in the small town said part of the community has been cordoned off and RCMP is questioning residents.

"A policeman has been shot but I don't know any more,'' a resident who didn't wish to be identified told The Canadian Press. "It is a real shocker.''

RCMP from the N.W.T. and Alberta are searching for the gunman.

Residents have been bringing flowers to the Hay River RCMP detachment building since word of the officer's death.
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: RCMP Constable Chris Worden.

Postby SPC » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:29 pm

An RCMP officer died Saturday after being shot in Hay River in the Northwest Territories while responding to a call at a home for police assistance, and police are searching for suspects.

Const. Christopher John Worden, 30, had arrived at the home around 5 a.m. local time when police lost radio contact with him.

Police will not say what the call was about, only that Worden had radioed for backup.

When officers arrived, they discovered Worden had been shot, police said. He was rushed to Hay River Hospital and pronounced dead.

No arrests have been made. RCMP from the N.W.T. and Alberta are involved in the search for the killer or killers.

The incident happened in the small community near Great Slave Lake, 400 kilometres south of Yellowknife.

Worden, originally from Ottawa, joined the Mounties in 2002 and served most of his career in the N.W.T. He was one of nine officers of the Hay River detachment.

"Ours is a small division with barely over 200 members. Everyone knows one another," said Sgt. Larry O'Brien. "Chris was a member here in Yellowknife, He's known by many people who are involved in this investigation, so it's very tough right now on a lot of people.

Worden is survived by his wife Jody and by their infant daughter.

"Chris's family have been advised, and his wife and child are being comforted by friends and members at this time," O'Brien said.

People in the small town say part of the community has been cordoned off and RCMP are questioning residents.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued a statement late Saturday expressing sympathies to Worden's family and colleagues.

"Today, a brave officer lost his life to a senseless act of violence," said Harper. "Const. Christopher John Worden died in the line of duty, doing what he loved, serving his country in the uniform of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

"Everyone who knew Const. Worden will remember him for his professionalism and his dedication. This tragedy serves to remind us all of the courage and commitment that the members of the force show each and every day, from coast to coast."

Thank you to all you police officers out there...god bless you, and RIP Cst. Worden.
"When we act on behalf of others, we have no moral authority to forgive on their behalf, to allow evil for the sake of tolerance, or to turn the cheek of anyone but ourselves."

Rhetorical
Veteran Member

Postby Rhetorical » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:33 am

Rest in peace brother...

Hearmoretalkless
Veteran Member

Postby Hearmoretalkless » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:52 am

Rest in Peace cst Worden, we've got the rest of the watch. You can go 10-7.

:officer:
Never forget Brian King.

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:19 am

RIP.
My opinions are my own and do not reflect my agency.

BruteForce
Rookie Member

Postby BruteForce » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:48 am

He had the rest of his life ahead of him... RIP Cst.

warden602
Grand Poobah

Postby warden602 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:44 am

It's always very sad when something like this happens. My heart goes out to his young family.

There was a time when I heard about line of duty deaths and it didn't really affect me - it always seemed like it was so far away, or the officer was so much older than me... there was a disconnect. Now that I've got friends working all over the country in various LE jobs and I'm a bit older, it struck me this morning that most of those folks who've lost their lives on duty have been right around the same age as I am. It doesn't feel so distant anymore.

Weggy
Rookie Member

Postby Weggy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:19 am

RIP Brother.

Hero in Life, not Death.

Rye
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Rye » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:22 am

RIP Brother... Another Blue Angel among us.
Never, Never, Never Quit

and

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential

- Winston Churchill

AuxPC
Rookie Member

Postby AuxPC » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:42 am

Rest in peace Cst. Worden. Out thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:01 pm

Every time I read something like this it sends chills up my spine,
Rest in Peace Const. Worden.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:44 pm

Rest easy, P.C. Worden. To his wife and daughter - Your husband and father is a hero, not for how he died but how he lived.

CO

frostieAUX
Veteran Member

Postby frostieAUX » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:32 pm

R.I.P.
THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN....AND HIS NAME IS REGGIE HAMMOND!! (eddie murphy in 48hrs)