Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Slovak4188

Re: PREP test

Postby Slovak4188 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Ash wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:40 am
Hi!
So I just completed the PREP test. Didn’t pass the course but got a 7.5 on the shuttle run.
Is there any chance I can move forward in the application process or is there no way until I pass both components?
I haven’t received an email yet after the fitness test (did it 2 days ago).
Thanks!
From what I remember, a fail means you're out. I had an applicant reach out whom passed the course, but failed the shuttle run and he got axed not long after.

EDIT: I emailed the Sergeant there and will let you know what they say. I'm curious to know as well as friends of mine are applying in the near future.

Not trying to be rude, but when I went through, there was no subjectivity. If you failed, you were out and that's the way it should be. The PREP and Shuttle Run and PIN are not exactly that difficult. Try running after a guy in his early 20's in full gear while going over the air with directions for nearly a kilometre.
Last edited by Slovak4188 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Fonthill
Seasoned Member

Postby Fonthill » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Ash wrote:
Hi!
So I just completed the PREP test. Didn’t pass the course but got a 7.5 on the shuttle run.
Is there any chance I can move forward in the application process or is there no way until I pass both components?
Thanks!
I would assume you would be rejected as you didn’t meet the criteria

Send an email to Peel.

Get stronger and work harder towards passing next time.

Ash
Rookie Member

Postby Ash » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:13 pm
Ash wrote:
Hi!
Thanks!
From what I remember, a fail means you're out. I had an applicant reach out whom passed the course, but failed the shuttle run and he got axed not long after.

EDIT: I emailed the Sergeant there and will let you know what they say. I'm curious to know as well as friends of mine are applying in the near future.

Not trying to be rude, but when I went through, there was no subjectivity. If you failed, you were out and that's the way it should be. The PREP and Shuttle Run and PIN are not exactly that difficult. Try running after a guy in his early 20's in full gear while going over the air with directions for nearly a kilometre.
Alright, thanks for the info.
Yeah, please keep me posted on what the Sergeant says.

runningguy
Rookie Member

Postby runningguy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Don’t completely lose your hope. I have heard an applicant recently failed PREP but passed shuttle with a pretty good mark/level who got invited back to do it again(hearsay yes). If your problem is not familiar with the obstacle course not purely your fitness level you may still have a chance. Just keep training and get ready for the next one whether it’s with peel or somewhere else.

Ash wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:08 pm
Slovak4188 wrote:
Ash wrote:
Hi!
Thanks!

Ash
Rookie Member

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:58 am

runningguy wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:32 pm
Don’t completely lose your hope. I have heard an applicant recently failed PREP but passed shuttle with a pretty good mark/level who got invited back to do it again(hearsay yes). If your problem is not familiar with the obstacle course not purely your fitness level you may still have a chance. Just keep training and get ready for the next one whether it’s with peel or somewhere else.
Ash wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:

Last edited by Ash on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ash
Rookie Member

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:59 am

Ash wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:58 am
runningguy wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:32 pm
Ash wrote:

Yeah, mine wasn’t a fitness issue, just gotta get used to that weight push pull machine.
Thank you!

Slovak4188

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:25 pm

So i spoke to the Sergeant today whom is with the recruiting bureau and this is what was said in summary:

- Certain people will need to score well above the expected standard to have a shot, but may still get cut regardless
- Certain people can fail or fall well below the expected standard and still move forward in their application

I cannot elaborate any further than that. I'm sure you guys can piece it together.

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:56 pm

Hello everyone,
I am booked for the circuit and the shuttle run, Can anyone tell me if the shuttle run must be reached stage 7 just like with the TPS ?

Also, where can I find the examples of the circuit? I would like to prepare myself for it.

I have done TPS Shuttle run and it requires to reach Level 7 ... So I am wondering if Peel also requires this stage? Youtube is not showing me any prep videos for the circuit.

I am seeking for anyone's help or advice please, I much appreciate any info.

Regards.

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:56 pm
Hello everyone,
I am booked for the circuit and the shuttle run, Can anyone tell me if the shuttle run must be reached stage 7 just like with the TPS ?

Also, where can I find the examples of the circuit? I would like to prepare myself for it.

I have done TPS Shuttle run and it requires to reach Level 7 ... So I am wondering if Peel also requires this stage? Youtube is not showing me any prep videos for the circuit.

Regards.

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Police+PREP+video+youtube
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med: Dec/20
SC: :boxer:
Municipal apps: On-Going

Slovak4188

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:58 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:56 pm
Hello everyone,

Regards.
Did you not read the post literally right above yours?

Bry0905
Rookie Member

Postby Bry0905 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:04 am

Hello all, I have a question regarding my application.
I've applied to several services this year and have been unsuccessful at many. After self reflection I learned that I need to work on my volunteering and community service. I learned that a career as a Constable isn't for me just yet. I'd like to pursue Auxiliary instead, however my Constable application with Peel is still sitting at PBQ. Is it a good idea to withdraw my constable application and apply to Auxiliary once the positions open? Or would I be able to have two applications going through the process? I've tried emailing recruiting but haven't got an answer.

Any help is appreciated.

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Bry0905 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:04 am
Hello all, I have a question regarding my application.
I've applied to several services this year and have been unsuccessful at many. After self reflection I learned that I need to work on my volunteering and community service. I learned that a career as a Constable isn't for me just yet. I'd like to pursue Auxiliary instead, however my Constable application with Peel is still sitting at PBQ. Is it a good idea to withdraw my constable application and apply to Auxiliary once the positions open? Or would I be able to have two applications going through the process? I've tried emailing recruiting but haven't got an answer.

Any help is appreciated.
- I would not suggest you to withdraw.
Try your luck with the Peel as well, and try til the end so that way you know you did everything, only after consider the Auxiliary program... But for now, don't withdraw....

stribor45
Rookie Member

Postby stribor45 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can comment on PRP application process. It looks like LFA consist on multiple steps and one of them is Sigma.

Is Sigma part of psych test and if you fail that test it means you are out of the game for 1 year with any police service in Ontario?

Thank you

subwaymachine
Rookie Member

Multiple application inquiry

Postby subwaymachine » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi guys,

I hope you guys are doing well. I have question I need to ask y’all, hoping that y’all can shed insight with regards to applying multiple police services. Please give me a solid raw truthful answer.

So I applied to Peel in May 2020 for the PC position, my application is still currently active as well. I was just called last week for the PREP/Shuttle Run for first time. Furthermore, just recently had to re-apply to TPS cuz my application got closed as it was not processed last year due to high volume of applicants that applied. So, as of right now, I only have two active applications PEEL and TPS.

Now my questions is that I would like to apply to the OPP as well, would that look bad for my application that I have with Peel and TPS? Would my loyalty to a service come into question? I don’t want it to have a negative impact in my hiring process if I get hired on to a police force. If I apply to OPP, I would therefore have 3 active applications, would that look bad? I was told by my friends to only always apply to two services at a time.

Please let me know of what you suggest I do? Please help me out and give me some real advice someone who experience in my situation.

Thanks everyone.

ADP
Rookie Member

Postby ADP » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:42 pm

Good day everyone on this forum

I was wondering if people still use this forum to discuss experiences during the process for Recruit Constable for 2021

I submitted my online application Nov 2020, after about 2 weeks I received a package to submit within 14 days.

After 6 months have passed, I received an email last week to complete online session for PBQ. Anyone familiar with this process and what to expect next?