GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
JDube
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JDube » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:33 am

Hello everyone! It's been quite some time since I checked the forum. I am starting to wonder if I have missed an email regarding my medical.

Received my secret clearance in march 2020 and I have not heard from CBSA since then. There was a laps of time where I did stop looking in my spam folder... :?

Thanks for the input!
Quebec CBSA applicant timeline
Applied: Jan 2019
OTEE: Feb 2019 - Results March-Pass
Interview: May 2019 - Results June-Pass
Psych eval: September 2019-Pass
Security papers: November 2019
Integrity interview: March 2020
PARE: June 2021-Pass

Zepedder

Postby Zepedder » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:11 am

JDube wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:33 am
Hello everyone! It's been quite some time since I checked the forum. I am starting to wonder if I have missed an email regarding my medical.

Received my secret clearance in march 2020 and I have not heard from CBSA since then. There was a laps of time where I did stop looking in my spam folder... :?

Thanks for the input!
I usually check in with recruitment every couple of months if I haven't received any communication from them. Can't hurt to send a quick email in my opinion.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Docs- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Int.- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

JaySingh
Rookie Member

Postby JaySingh » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:57 pm

After sending the Health Canada Self declaration forms, I got an email today that I am required to redo my PARE and agency is now accepting PARE, PREP, COPAT, POPAT AND FITCO.

I received an email in November 2020 stating that my PARE result has been extended until further notice. So, I am assuming it needs to be renewed now. Did anyone else received similar email today?

Earliest testing slot available for PARE in Ottawa is March 14, 2021. I have booked that slot but feel like that would rule me out from April intake list we all are awaiting for. I would like to hear your opinion on this.
OTEE: Oct 2018
Interview: Nov 2018
PARE: March 2019
Psych Assessment: April 2019
Medical: May 2019
Security papers sent: May 2019
Security Clearance: Sept 2019
PARE(2nd Time): April 2021
Psych Assessment: June 2021 (Not successful)
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

Jumb34t

Postby Jumb34t » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:57 pm

JaySingh wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:57 pm
After sending the Health Canada Self declaration forms, I got an email today that I am required to redo my PARE and agency is now accepting PARE, PREP, COPAT, POPAT AND FITCO.

I received an email in November 2020 stating that my PARE result has been extended until further notice. So, I am assuming it needs to be renewed now. Did anyone else received similar email today?

Earliest testing slot available for PARE in Ottawa is March 14, 2021. I have booked that slot but feel like that would rule me out from April intake list we all are awaiting for. I would like to hear your opinion on this.
The email I got from them today says that they are accepting the results if they were done in September 2018 or later. Doesn't say anything about needing to redo my PARE. I got my copy so I just scanned and sent it to them.
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval: May/20
Sec Interview & Clearance: July/20

IronWolf
Sage Member

Postby IronWolf » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:28 pm

Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:57 pm
JaySingh wrote:

The email I got from them today says that they are accepting the results if they were done in September 2018 or later. Doesn't say anything about needing to redo my PARE. I got my copy so I just scanned and sent it to them.
I read this as an additional option for the people that have completed other types of physical tests, to use them in their current CBSA application if they haven't already done PARE.

I don't read this as a request for people that already did PARE to re-do it.

If they require to re-do PARE, I assume there will be such email specifically stating so. At least that is my take. I will take this email under advisement only, no action.

Zepedder

Postby Zepedder » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:50 pm

IronWolf wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:28 pm
Jumb34t wrote:
JaySingh wrote:

I read this as an additional option for the people that have completed other types of physical tests, to use them in their current CBSA application if they haven't already done PARE.

I don't read this as a request for people that already did PARE to re-do it.

If they require to re-do PARE, I assume there will be such email specifically stating so. At least that is my take. I will take this email under advisement only, no action.
Just chiming in to say this is how I interpreted the email as well.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Docs- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Int.- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Emak

Postby Emak » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Jumb34t wrote:
JaySingh wrote:

I did the same as Jumb34t. Resent them my PARE done in Oct 2019. Will see what happens.
GTA
Applied: 04/2017
Educ Doc: 06/17 ✔
Interview: 01/18 ✔
MMPI: 01/18 + 02/20 ✔
Psych: 02/18 + 03/20 ✔
PARE: 04/18 + 10/19 (Ext 04/21)
SEC doc: sent 03/18 - 09/19 ✔
Medical: 09/18 + 09/19 (Ext 09/21)
SEC Int: 09/19 ✔
OITP: 04/21 ✔
Rigaud: 05/21 - 16B ✔

Boxto
Rookie Member

Postby Boxto » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:07 am

Jumb34t wrote:
JaySingh wrote:

Samething here. I resubmitted my PARE test results. My test was done in october 2019.
CBSA
Applied:Summer 18 ☑️
OTEE:October 18 ☑️
Interview:April 19 ☑️
RPAL :June19 ☑️
MMPI :July19 ☑️
Psy Interview:Aug 19 ☑️
PARE: October 19 ☑️
Sec Clear: Jan 20 ☑️
SLE (writ/Read) Feb20☑️
Med: Dec 20☑️
SLE Oral May21☑️
OITP July 21☑️
Rigaud July 21☑️

Emak

Postby Emak » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 am

Emak wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 pm
Jumb34t wrote:
JaySingh wrote:

I did the same as Jumb34t. Resent them my PARE done in Oct 2019. Will see what happens.
They replied and said it wasn't meant for me to resend it as my PARE was done after Sept 2018.
GTA
Applied: 04/2017
Educ Doc: 06/17 ✔
Interview: 01/18 ✔
MMPI: 01/18 + 02/20 ✔
Psych: 02/18 + 03/20 ✔
PARE: 04/18 + 10/19 (Ext 04/21)
SEC doc: sent 03/18 - 09/19 ✔
Medical: 09/18 + 09/19 (Ext 09/21)
SEC Int: 09/19 ✔
OITP: 04/21 ✔
Rigaud: 05/21 - 16B ✔

JaySingh
Rookie Member

Postby JaySingh » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:27 pm

I totally misinterpreted the email I guess. I have re sent result of my previous PARE that was done in 2019 and hope they will consider it valid. Thank you all for your response.
OTEE: Oct 2018
Interview: Nov 2018
PARE: March 2019
Psych Assessment: April 2019
Medical: May 2019
Security papers sent: May 2019
Security Clearance: Sept 2019
PARE(2nd Time): April 2021
Psych Assessment: June 2021 (Not successful)

IronWolf
Sage Member

Postby IronWolf » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Emak wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:52 am
They replied and said it wasn't meant for me to resend it as my PARE was done after Sept 2018.
Thx for the follow up !

Kobi1
Rookie Member

Postby Kobi1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:55 am

So I normally don't post too much, especially in regards to complaining about the whole process as I'm not aware of the challenges that go on behind the scenes and I try to just patiently accept things as they come. But I thought I'd share this little gem.
A couple of weeks ago I, like several of you, was asked to send the consent to release form for doing psych eval...again. I knew I would have to go through this again but replied just to be sure as I had received an email in July saying I wouldn't have to redo any steps and that I was OITP ready for 16A and I referenced said email. The response I got was amazing!:
"Good morning ______,
Thank you for your email. You may disregard the previous email since you have been invited to Rigaud.
Regards, _______"
I ecstatically replied that that was amazing and when could I expect the email invite...only to receive this:
Good afternoon _______,
We apologize for the mistake in the previous email. We have reviewed your file and have noticed that your psychological assessment results are expired as of November 2020.
In order to begin training at the college, you are required to have valid results for all assessments..."

Now I know I should take solace in the fact that at least there is activity that seems to be moving in the direction of getting everything in order for an invite and should be understanding that they are probably dealing with a ton of communications and red tape etc. But Come ON!!! Almost 4 years in this process, having to redo steps and resubmit forms that have already been done is one thing but can you imagine the emotional spike and then rapid fall that mistake caused?! I was halfway through packing my bags LOL!
Applied: June 17
OTEE: January 18 - PASS
Interview: October 18 - PASS
Psych Evaluation: November 18 - PASS
Security papers: Sent February 19
PARE: March 19- PASS
Medical Evaluation: April 19 - PASS
Security Clearance: September 19 - PASS
Med redo: Apr 20

Boomboom72

Postby Boomboom72 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:21 am

Kobi1 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:55 am
So I normally don't post too much, especially in regards to complaining about the whole process as I'm not aware of the challenges that go on behind the scenes and I try to just patiently accept things as they come. But I thought I'd share this little gem.
A couple of weeks ago I, like several of you, was asked to send the consent to release form for doing psych eval...again. I knew I would have to go through this again but replied just to be sure as I had received an email in July saying I wouldn't have to redo any steps and that I was OITP ready for 16A and I referenced said email. The response I got was amazing!:
"Good morning ______,
Thank you for your email. You may disregard the previous email since you have been invited to Rigaud.
Regards, _______"
I ecstatically replied that that was amazing and when could I expect the email invite...only to receive this:
Good afternoon _______,
We apologize for the mistake in the previous email. We have reviewed your file and have noticed that your psychological assessment results are expired as of November 2020.
In order to begin training at the college, you are required to have valid results for all assessments..."

Now I know I should take solace in the fact that at least there is activity that seems to be moving in the direction of getting everything in order for an invite and should be understanding that they are probably dealing with a ton of communications and red tape etc. But Come ON!!! Almost 4 years in this process, having to redo steps and resubmit forms that have already been done is one thing but can you imagine the emotional spike and then rapid fall that mistake caused?! I was halfway through packing my bags LOL!
Not gonna lie... That might take the cake buddy!!
Applied: June 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018 (Passed)
Interview: Nov 2018 (Passed)
Psych: March 2019 (Passed)
Security / backround: April 2019 (Passed)
Pare: June 2019 (Passed)
Medical: June 2019 (Passed)
Integrity: August 2019 (Passed)

Sognefjord
Rookie Member

Postby Sognefjord » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:43 am

Kobi1 wrote:
"Good morning ______,
Regards, _______"
Good afternoon _______,

I know the feeling, five years after applying I finally just got the invite. Applied in 2016 and now intake 16A, so full circle I guess?

I’ve had to re-do everything because they expired. The thing I kept thinking before the invite was that this forum is just a fraction of all applicants, maybe there are more people out there who have been waiting just as long as me but I don’t see their timelines here. Not going to lie, it’s frustrating to see others who applied in 2018 and 2019 get their invites in a year or less. There was nothing about my application that would have caused delay, even the security clearance. But that’s just the system.

This mistake that got sent to you was probably from an inexperienced HR assistant who quickly read your email and didn’t do a proper check before replying. They don’t really get what it’s like to be an applicant for a job where you wait years with a carrot dangled in front of you every once in awhile (emails).

It sounds like you’ll get an invite this year though if that’s all you have expired. Good luck, don’t give up on it but keep living/working meanwhile.
Applied: Jan 2016
GCT2/WCPT: May 2016
Interview: Oct 2016
Psych: Nov 2016 & Feb 2020
SLE: CBB
Medical: Dec 2016 and Sept 2020
Security: paperwork Jan 2017
Integrity Interview: Dec 2019
PARE: March 2017 Dec 2019
Online: Feb 2021
Rigaud: March 2021

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:24 am

Kobi1 wrote:
"Good morning ______,
Regards, _______"
Good afternoon _______,

Same boat here mine expired in October 2020. Was intake ready in March 2020 last year. Was sent the pysch consent form last year July 2020 and again in January 2021 this year. Not entirely confident the redo will be this year
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Doc sent- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018/Mar 2021
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020
Pare- April 2019/Oct 2020
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?