Chatham-Kent Police Service is hiring.

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Dirty Harry
Rookie Member

Chatham-Kent Police Service is hiring.

Postby Dirty Harry » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Taken from their website...responses due by May 1st.

DH

The Chatham-Kent Police Service is currently accepting applications for the positions of Police Constable. These positions will be for the fall of 2009.

The Chatham-Kent Police Service seeks to identify the best available candidates that reflect the values of our community and the diversity of Chatham-Kent. Broad-based education, community involvement, excellent interpersonal skills, local knowledge and above-average fitness are valued dimensions for candidates to this police service.

A constable position with the Chatham-Kent Police Service offers the successful candidate an opportunity to help their community, while realizing a long and rewarding career in law enforcement while receiving specialized training and the opportunity of performing a variety of functions within the organization.

Applicants must meet minimum requirements as outlined in the Police Services Act, possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence and provide proof of valid Standard First Aid and CPR certification.

Applicants must hold a current A.T.S. (Applicant Testing Services) Certificate of Results. Any inquiries regarding the certification process should be directed to: APPLICANT TESTING SERVICE INC. (ATS) at 1-800-429-7728. www.applicanttesting.com (current police officers employed in good standing are exempt).

Further information concerning requirements and the selection process is located at the Employment and Volunteer section of our web site.

Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation and will be used strictly for candidate selection. The Chatham-Kent Police Professional Standards Section regrets that we are unable to correspond with and/or interview all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications of those not selected will be rendered inactive after six months.

You may mail or drop off an application and resume to the attention of:

Staff Sergeant Jeff Littlewood
Professional Standards Section
Chatham-Kent Police Service, P.O. Box 366,
24 Third Street,
Chatham, Ontario
N7M 5K5

All resumes must be received by 12:00 noon, May 1, 2009.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Re: Chatham-Kent Police Service is hiring.

Postby RemingtonSteel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 am

Good service, one I'm definitely looking into applying to, however at this current time my ducks are not all in a row.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

G-MAN
Rookie Member

Postby G-MAN » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 am

Thank's for the info. I have been in final reiew with the O.P.P. since Feb. and have yet to hear a thing. I will be sending C-K a package for sure.

CanuckCop
Rookie Member

Postby CanuckCop » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Make sure your ready for their physical.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:52 pm

CanuckCop wrote:Make sure your ready for their physical.

What is it?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:04 pm

I believe they have to do the PIN test between each constable class ie 4th class cst to 3rd, to 2nd etc.

Someone care to confirm?
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

G-MAN
Rookie Member

Postby G-MAN » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:20 pm

I heard they do a physical after you pass the interview.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Who would want to work for them? :D

CanuckCop
Rookie Member

Postby CanuckCop » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 pm

G-MAN wrote:I heard they do a physical after you pass the interview.

No, you do their written test first (their PATI), if you pass you move on to their physical (pretty much PIN test), if you pass that you move onto their 2nd written (their WCT) then you may get an interview. I just wanted to give everyone a head's up so they know what's involved. All of it is on the website if you spend a couple minutes looking.

psni
Rookie Member

Postby psni » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:57 pm

I like they way they do the PIN test, really weeds out a lot of people who managed to pass the joke, that is the PREP.
faber est quisque fortunae suae
every man is an architect of his own fortune

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 am

psni wrote:I like they way they do the PIN test, really weeds out a lot of people who managed to pass the joke, that is the PREP.

I am going to disagree with you on the PREP being a joke, while I agree that it is not the most difficult fitness test ever created, it does its job by weeding out a bunch of people who lack basic fitness. In addition the PIN test has its problems too, for example, I can score around 80% or more in every category except the sit and reach which I fail miserably at. What is the point of the sit and reach test, ability to stretch that far and its correlation to fitness is arguable (Yes I'm bitter towards that portion of the test, its what stops me from getting a great score)

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby pukie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:47 am

Casey Jones wrote:
Bald Man wrote:Who would want to work for them? :D

he won't bite :P

it takes a special breed, special breed for sure. :wave:

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:19 am

MikeR wrote:What is the point of the sit and reach test, ability to stretch that far and its correlation to fitness is arguable (Yes I'm bitter toward that portion of the test, its what stops me from getting a great score)

Woe Is Me... :roll:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

psni
Rookie Member

Postby psni » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:17 am

MikeR wrote:
psni wrote:I like they way they do the PIN test, really weeds out a lot of people who managed to pass the joke, that is the PREP.

I am going to disagree with you on the PREP being a joke, while I agree that it is not the most difficult fitness test ever created, it does its job by weeding out a bunch of people who lack basic fitness. In addition the PIN test has its problems too, for example, I can score around 80% or more in every category except the sit and reach which I fail miserably at. What is the point of the sit and reach test, ability to stretch that far and its correlation to fitness is arguable (Yes I'm bitter towards that portion of the test, its what stops me from getting a great score)

Ok i will agree that the sit and reach, although part of fitness (core components of fitness), is a test that a lot of people will not score well on however the remaining tests are pretty straight forward and getting a top score on the rest should not be that hard. The PIN tests key areas like strength and stamina and although not always needed may definitely be useful at times. Whatever way you look at it you are going to have to do the test at sometime either now or after OPC so why be prepared now so that when you go to OPC you make it easier on yourself!
faber est quisque fortunae suae
every man is an architect of his own fortune