York Regional Police Interview

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
LeoLeo
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby LeoLeo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:44 pm

mcrickz wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:29 pm
Got an email today stating that I was not successful at the sigma. Quite weird cuz I thought I did alright. One year till I can re apply.

Good luck to all!!
Really Sorry to hear that. Your credentials were greta on my eyes. I failed last year on the psyc part and had the same feeling. Trust me, It will pass really quickly.
YRP/21:
Application: May 28
------------------------
Kingston/21:
Application: April 02
PBQ: April 10
Interview I: Jun 01

Rob4613
Rookie Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Rob4613 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:42 pm

mcrickz wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:29 pm
Got an email today stating that I was not successful at the sigma. Quite weird cuz I thought I did alright. One year till I can re apply.

Good luck to all!!
It's okay, could be any random number of reasons. They are also quite back logged with applicants since their classes were cut down and then canceled. Could just be overwhelmed at this time. Keep your chin up

User avatar
JCPenny1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby JCPenny1 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:39 pm

mcrickz wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:29 pm
Got an email today stating that I was not successful at the sigma. Quite weird cuz I thought I did alright. One year till I can re apply.

Good luck to all!!
Don't give up. If this is what you want you gotta keep pushing. Also, don't get too caught up about it. Keep living your life and setting goals for yourself.

mcrickz
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:58 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby mcrickz » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Thank you all for the positive
messages. 🙏

User avatar
LeoLeo
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby LeoLeo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm

Hey guys,
any news on your process?

YRP confirmed in a post that they will have a OPC class on May, but a lot a people are still waiting for PREP. IMO the process will start moving only after the lockdown is over.
YRP/21:
Application: May 28
------------------------
Kingston/21:
Application: April 02
PBQ: April 10
Interview I: Jun 01

Comm123
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Comm123 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 pm

LeoLeo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm
YRP confirmed in a post that they will have a OPC class on May, but a lot a people are still waiting for PREP. IMO the process will start moving only after the lockdown is over.
I can tell you right now that there will be an April/May class with YRP; the numbers are to be determined but from our understanding it will NOT be as big as the previous classes.

If your asking, I am a current Constable (6 years with two Services) and no I won't disclose where I work (but you can probably figure it out). If you do have questions about the process or organization, I'll try my best to answer them. I don't take PM's and can't give you any answers or how to "beat" the psych or interview, I can steer you in the right direction.

Rob4613
Rookie Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Rob4613 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:21 pm

Comm123 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 pm
LeoLeo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm
YRP confirmed in a post that they will have a OPC class on May, but a lot a people are still waiting for PREP. IMO the process will start moving only after the lockdown is over.
I can tell you right now that there will be an April/May class with YRP; the numbers are to be determined but from our understanding it will NOT be as big as the previous classes.

If your asking, I am a current Constable (6 years with two Services) and no I won't disclose where I work (but you can probably figure it out). If you do have questions about the process or organization, I'll try my best to answer them. I don't take PM's and can't give you any answers or how to "beat" the psych or interview, I can steer you in the right direction.
I noticed you said you don't take PM's but I wanted to pick your brain however not publicly, any better way to talk?

sasa122
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby sasa122 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:19 pm

I attended a YRP PBQ and PBQ review in July 2020. I have updated my application diligently ever since but have not gone through any other stages. Anyone else in the same boat or in a stage further? Last I heard was they were going to do PREP's in February but I haven't heard.

Thanks,

NoBreaks2019
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:21 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby NoBreaks2019 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Anyone do their pin test recently and is in background now?
Last edited by NoBreaks2019 on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeoLeo
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby LeoLeo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:37 pm

sasa122 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:19 pm
I attended a YRP PBQ and PBQ review in July 2020. I have updated my application diligently ever since but have not gone through any other stages. Anyone else in the same boat or in a stage further? Last I heard was they were going to do PREP's in February but I haven't heard.

Thanks,
I'm on the same Boat.
Did PBQ on June, nothing yet.
YRP/21:
Application: May 28
------------------------
Kingston/21:
Application: April 02
PBQ: April 10
Interview I: Jun 01

Rob4613
Rookie Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Rob4613 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm

NoBreaks2019 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm
Anyone do their pin test recently and is in background now?
I recently did the PIN test yeah.

User avatar
LeoLeo
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby LeoLeo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Rob4613 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm
NoBreaks2019 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm
Anyone do their pin test recently and is in background now?
I recently did the PIN test yeah.
When was that? So I guess you had done the PREP before, and interview and psych before and just finish the PIN, is that right?
YRP/21:
Application: May 28
------------------------
Kingston/21:
Application: April 02
PBQ: April 10
Interview I: Jun 01

Rob4613
Rookie Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Rob4613 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:05 pm

LeoLeo wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:42 pm
Rob4613 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm
NoBreaks2019 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm
Anyone do their pin test recently and is in background now?
I recently did the PIN test yeah.
When was that? So I guess you had done the PREP before, and interview and psych before and just finish the PIN, is that right?
Sent you a pm

NoBreaks2019
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:21 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby NoBreaks2019 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:58 am

Rob4613 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm
NoBreaks2019 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm
Anyone do their pin test recently and is in background now?
I recently did the PIN test yeah.
Nice. I am in the same boat as you just waiting now. Will post any updates.

Rob4613
Rookie Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: York Regional Police Interview

Postby Rob4613 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:38 am

NoBreaks2019 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:58 am
Rob4613 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm
NoBreaks2019 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm
Anyone do their pin test recently and is in background now?
I recently did the PIN test yeah.
Nice. I am in the same boat as you just waiting now. Will post any updates.
Calls going out for April class today going forward


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], blacksocks24, Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 11 guests