OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
JJer
Rookie Member

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby JJer » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:22 pm

a_rifaaa wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:52 am
I received the call last week that I am attending the training class on August 21. anyone here going for August class?
Hey rifaaa, how long have you been waiting until you got this call?

a_rifaaa
Rookie Member

Postby a_rifaaa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:01 am

I did apply in May 2019 for a Constable position and I been rejected in the last stage of my application process. but they offered me an Auxiliary position.

rhou
Rookie Member

Postby rhou » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:01 pm

SouthernONDude wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:52 pm
rhou wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:25 pm
Hi everyone,

How long does the final review usually take? My background investigation finish around middle of June.

Please let me know

Thank you
Have you had your home visit?
Has anyone been in contact with you?
Yeah, I had my home visit (phone call) in the middle of May, and I know my background investigation was completed around June

Msherrer
Rookie Member

Postby Msherrer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:29 am

Hi,

Just learned I am in the background stage for OPP Auxiliary and now have my psych test coming up. Just wondering if there is anyway to prepare for this or if it really is more just show up and answer questions? Does it have PATI like questions?

Thanks in advance!

ArnpriorRelic
Rookie Member

Postby ArnpriorRelic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:23 am

Msherrer wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:29 am
Hi,

Just learned I am in the background stage for OPP Auxiliary and now have my psych test coming up. Just wondering if there is anyway to prepare for this or if it really is more just show up and answer questions? Does it have PATI like questions?

Thanks in advance!
The psych test is based on the "The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2)" test. If I could offer some advice, answer consistently and honestly. Don't choose an answer just because you think it's what they expect, if it's not what you believe. Some background: https://academic.oup.com/occmed/article ... 35/1387433

Good luck!

ArnpriorRelic
( OPP Aux. Recruit - training schedule TBD )

Msherrer
Rookie Member

Postby Msherrer » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm

ArnpriorRelic wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:23 am
Msherrer wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
The psych test is based on the "The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2)" test. If I could offer some advice, answer consistently and honestly. Don't choose an answer just because you think it's what they expect, if it's not what you believe. Some background: https://academic.oup.com/occmed/article ... 35/1387433

Good luck!

ArnpriorRelic

Thanks for providing this, its very helpful! Appreciate the advice. Would you happen to know if there is any aptitude type questions on it? Thanks!

ArnpriorRelic
Rookie Member

Postby ArnpriorRelic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Msherrer wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm
ArnpriorRelic wrote:
Msherrer wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Good luck!

ArnpriorRelic

Thanks for providing this, its very helpful! Appreciate the advice. Would you happen to know if there is any aptitude type questions on it? Thanks!
The somewhat intensive PATI test is now no longer in the mix, but there is a much more condensed aptitude test, given to you prior to the psych test. I wasn't ready for it at all - I thought it was just pure psych testing, but I managed to make it through. Time management was critical - don't hesitate to ask for time updates during the test.

Msherrer
Rookie Member

Postby Msherrer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:49 am

ArnpriorRelic wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 pm
Msherrer wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm
ArnpriorRelic wrote:

Good luck!

ArnpriorRelic

The somewhat intensive PATI test is now no longer in the mix, but there is a much more condensed aptitude test, given to you prior to the psych test. I wasn't ready for it at all - I thought it was just pure psych testing, but I managed to make it through. Time management was critical - don't hesitate to ask for time updates during the test.

Thanks for this advice, I appreciate it!

JJer
Rookie Member

Postby JJer » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:42 pm

SouthernONDude wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:08 pm
Has anyone heard anything for training...?

No one has been in touch with me.
I haven’t heard anything yet.

I’ve been told by my RM friends that they are not taking auxiliaries on ride alongs right now due to Covid-19. Anyone can confirm this?

KC22
Rookie Member

Postby KC22 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:58 am

Haven’t heard anything about training yet, my background is finished so I’m just waiting on the final decision from HQ.

sebastianw
Rookie Member

Postby sebastianw » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:21 am

Hello everyone,
I am currently filling out my application package for the OPP aux and had a couple of questions. It asks for your employer history but only gives you room for one employer. I am guessing I print out extra copies of that page as needed correct? in the event, I don't know the answer to something such as a supervisor the last name from a job I had years back do I just leave it blank? or should I write N/A or unknown?
Thank you.

JJer
Rookie Member

Postby JJer » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:19 pm

sebastianw wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:21 am
Hello everyone,
I am currently filling out my application package for the OPP aux and had a couple of questions. It asks for your employer history but only gives you room for one employer. I am guessing I print out extra copies of that page as needed correct? in the event, I don't know the answer to something such as a supervisor the last name from a job I had years back do I just leave it blank? or should I write N/A or unknown?
Thank you.
If I was you I would try and do some digging and find the name of your past supervisor for all your past employer. If it’s not possible I guess it is what it is... In my background investigation, they called my supervisors from 10 years ago and even went in my High School files. Put every job you got in the past and don’t miss on anything. Do all the leg work so that the investigation is a smooth as you want it to be. You don’t want your BGI calling you with tons of questions and put you on the spot for stuff you forgot or did not know you had to put in the application. If your still unsure of some things you can always email the general Aux. email.

That is my opinion anyways. Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

starraider
Rookie Member

Postby starraider » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:11 am

Good Morning Everyone,

I just wanted to mention that I submitted an application to the OPP Aux. program at the beginning of August. I haven't heard anything since, only the automated email acknowledging that they have received it. Looking at previous responses, it seems it might take sometime to hear back from them. However, I am very eager and excited to go through the process.
Applied: August 4, 2020
Response to Application: PENDING

starraider
Rookie Member

Postby starraider » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:42 pm

SouthernONDude wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:46 am
It will be a long time. It's coming up on 3 years since I submitted my application. I have yet to get invited to training. COVID is putting a huge damper on things. Remain patient it's a very long process. It does vary from detachment to detachment.
Good to know! Luckily I am already settled in my career and wanted to give back something meaningful back to our community. Hopefully, this is an option, I look forward to following everyone else's progress!
Applied: August 4, 2020
Response to Application: PENDING

JJer
Rookie Member

Postby JJer » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:50 pm

SouthernONDude wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:50 pm
Little update.
Apparently there will be two more classes this year. Student numbers are up to 24 from 18.
Thanks for the update!