OPP Auxiliary

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
applicant04
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby applicant04 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Hey all,

Just handed in an application to the Whitby HSD detachment on the 20th. Looking forward to go through the process!
Has anyone else here applied to this detachment recently?
2016 SBSO:

[PASS] SFA w/ CPR Level C - Jul. 2015
[PASS] CFSC/CRFSC - Aug. 2015
[PASS] FSWEP - Oct. 2015
[PASS] GCT2/WCPT - Mar. 2016
[PASS] Interview - Apr. 2016
[PEND] Medical - Apr. 2016
[PEND] Integrity Interview - Apr. 2016
[PEND] CDT - TBD
[PEND] Formal Offer - TBD

adil959
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:01 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby adil959 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Has anyone heard or had any updates in their process lately? Thinking about applying to Port Credit and Whitby Detachment soon. Haven't heard from Whitby detachment since about this time last year.

User avatar
Lights
Grand Poobah
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Lights » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Have you tried Aurora or Toronto?

That's where I was an auxiliary.

I do know Whitby has a waiting list, Same with Port Credit.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

adil959
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:01 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby adil959 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:48 pm

I did try Aurora and Toronto, I applied there in April 2014. I did hear back from Aurora in Sept 2014, they invited a handful of us and said we could expect calls as early Jan/Feb 2015 but so far its been quiet. I'm kind of at a cross-roads now because I'm due to finish University in April 2017 and I'm intending to submit an application for PC with YRP & OPP this upcoming summer

langcam
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:41 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby langcam » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by langcam on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattb88
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:08 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby mattb88 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:20 am

Applied back in 2013 at some point to the Aurora detachment, got a call in September 2014 to come back in with a group of others to update paperwork and see if we were still interested. Got a call last week to set up an interview with the officer stating they now had been given the green light to fill a few spots.

So yeah definitely a bit of a waiting game on this one.

hungry
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:45 pm
Location: South Georgian Bay
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby hungry » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Applied 08 Jan 2015
Interviewed 26 Jan 2015 and that had to be the most fun I ever had with the detachment fellows. You see I taught all of their kids in my high school (29 years of HS teaching and now retired from that gig). So it was like a parent-teacher meeting.

And 5 minutes after my interview, the interviewers said, "I'm good to go; next stage!" 8)

Finger printed Oct 2015 (couple of days ago) and now time got sort out the testing.

Hey, I even did my ATS (been 5 years) Testing back in 2010 just for $300 of poops and giggles. Even passed the beep test. Old phart like me needs corrective surgery (Lasik???) and in canal hearing aids but that was for my COR paperwork.

All good fun.
Will keep you posted on the AUX OPP App process. :D

I love this community and it's my way of giving back! Besides, I know the kids, relatives of all the teens, and I can likely calm down a house party just by showing up and asking how their folks are, who is married, who is attending what college/university/ who has kids , etc, etc. etc. :P

Cheers,

Barney (or Mr. G, the kids call me)

divinpilot
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:45 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby divinpilot » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Had an interesting phone call today. I have an Auxiliary interview scheduled for this Saturday. So Im busy studying. Hope things go well. Fingers crossed

dmwjake
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Leamington ON
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby dmwjake » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:39 am

Just got the call last night for an interview in Essex County, scheduled for Nov 12! Any one else have an interview coming up in Essex? Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Ci_parker2015
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Ci_parker2015 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 am

Hi Everyone,

I just had my interview and now I'm off to my aptitude and psychological testing.
Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect or to study for? I've heard its like a version of the PATI?




hungry wrote:Applied 08 Jan 2015
Interviewed 26 Jan 2015 and that had to be the most fun I ever had with the detachment fellows. You see I taught all of their kids in my high school (29 years of HS teaching and now retired from that gig). So it was like a parent-teacher meeting.

And 5 minutes after my interview, the interviewers said, "I'm good to go; next stage!" 8)

Finger printed Oct 2015 (couple of days ago) and now time got sort out the testing.

Hey, I even did my ATS (been 5 years) Testing back in 2010 just for $300 of poops and giggles. Even passed the beep test. Old phart like me needs corrective surgery (Lasik???) and in canal hearing aids but that was for my COR paperwork.

All good fun.
Will keep you posted on the AUX OPP App process. :D

I love this community and it's my way of giving back! Besides, I know the kids, relatives of all the teens, and I can likely calm down a house party just by showing up and asking how their folks are, who is married, who is attending what college/university/ who has kids , etc, etc. etc. :P

Cheers,

Barney (or Mr. G, the kids call me)

divinpilot
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:45 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby divinpilot » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:49 pm

divinpilot wrote:Had an interesting phone call today. I have an Auxiliary interview scheduled for this Saturday. So Im busy studying. Hope things go well. Fingers crossed



Recieved a letter in the mail today saying I passed my interview. Moving on to the testing stage!

User avatar
Lights
Grand Poobah
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Lights » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Congrats,

Keep up the hard work.
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

dmwjake
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 am
Location: Leamington ON
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby dmwjake » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Hey everybody, so my interview is next thursday, what kind of questions should I be ready for and what can I do to better prepare for it?

Thanks!

User avatar
Sparkz
Regular Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:22 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Sparkz » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Ci_parker2015 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just had my interview and now I'm off to my aptitude and psychological testing.
Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect or to study for? I've heard its like a version of the PATI


It is the PATI, and in regards to the Psych Testing just go into it with a positive mind set and be truthful. Don't over think the questions just answer the first thing that comes to mind. You can't really prepare for it, just be honest and you'll do fine.

Good luck.

Ci_parker2015
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Auxiliary

Postby Ci_parker2015 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:38 pm

dmwjake wrote:Hey everybody, so my interview is next thursday, what kind of questions should I be ready for and what can I do to better prepare for it?

Thanks!


Hey!
I just had my interview a week ago. Be professional, dress to impress and just be honest.
Alot of situation questions, questions about your lifestyle & habits, questions about fitness, etc.
Know about auxiliary and what force you are applying to.
Also, know its important that even outside your auxiliary hours you are still viewed as auxiliary so make sure you note your professionalism outside your volunteer hours.

GOODLUCK!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests