Ontario Correctional Services

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Windy_city86
Rookie Member

Registration Package for Online Learning

Postby Windy_city86 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:41 pm

Hey guys,

CSRU just sent out e-mails for detailed steps for the online portion of training for those starting on April 26th.

Stupid question for those whom attended COTA. I understand we are getting the Polo shirts for training but for the fitness part of training white crew neck shirts. Can we just take a sharpie to the back of our white tees or this something that should be from a printing press.

Anybody with any questions or issues with the enrollment please ask away. I think I have every single internet browser on my computer now.

Mr.88

Re: Registration Package for Online Learning

Postby Mr.88 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:24 pm

Windy_city86 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:41 pm
Hey guys,

CSRU just sent out e-mails for detailed steps for the online portion of training for those starting on April 26th.

Stupid question for those whom attended COTA. I understand we are getting the Polo shirts for training but for the fitness part of training white crew neck shirts. Can we just take a sharpie to the back of our white tees or this something that should be from a printing press.

Anybody with any questions or issues with the enrollment please ask away. I think I have every single internet browser on my computer now.
No for the shirt . The details we were given are below
White crew neck T-shirt with surname printed in 4 inch (black), block letters (long surnames may require smaller letter sizes) on the front. This should be a screen print, not Velcro or stick on letters.

I am headed to COTA for the last 4 weeks of training on Monday. Good luck!
ON Corrections
Applied - 2020-04✅
Wonderlic - 2020-06✅
REACT - 2020-07✅
Interview/Ref. check - 2020/08✅
Security Clearance - Mailed VSC 2020/10/05
NEO-PI-3 Test - 2020/08/30✅
FITCO - 2020/10/14✅
Offer 2021/01/18✅
COTA 2021/03/15 - 05.07
EMDC May 10

newaccount2021
Rookie Member

Re: Ontario Correctional Services

Postby newaccount2021 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 am

Mr.88 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:24 pm
Windy_city86 wrote:
Hey guys,

White crew neck T-shirt with surname printed in 4 inch (black), block letters (long surnames may require smaller letter sizes) on the front. This should be a screen print, not Velcro or stick on letters.

I find this pretty ridiculous, where are we supposed to get printed t shirts printed this exact way. I feel like they should at least compensate for the items since we will have to purchase them. Im going to show up with a white t shirt with my last name written in sharpie, cheapest place I could find is $30 per shirt + shipping.

RobLobster
Rookie Member

Postby RobLobster » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 pm

newaccount2021 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 am
I find this pretty ridiculous, where are we supposed to get printed t shirts printed this exact way. I feel like they should at least compensate for the items since we will have to purchase them. Im going to show up with a white t shirt with my last name written in sharpie, cheapest place I could find is $30 per shirt + shipping.
Fill your boots if you want, but you'll last one DT class before you're told to go get them done properly. This is far from the most ridiculous thing about COTA.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:48 pm

RobLobster wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 pm
Fill your boots if you want, but you'll last one DT class before you're told to go get them done properly. This is far from the most ridiculous thing about COTA.

One DT class...?
There are rules/policies against bullying and intimidation... 'Any guff over something this petty should be taken up the chain. Who the f### do these "instructors" think they are..?
Just look 'em in the eye, tell tell them your name and remind them not to forget it.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

mca
Rookie Member

Postby mca » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 pm

You havent even started little grasshopper. I gurantee this one will be special. Either you will get yourself accomodated no inmate contact, fake an injury or just a low life falldown. Quit now and save your colleagues a headache.

mca
Rookie Member

Postby mca » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:12 pm

You havent even started little grasshopper. I gurantee this one will be special. Either you will get yourself accomodated no inmate contact, fake an injury or just a low life falldown. Quit now and save your colleagues a headache.

[/quote]
[/quote]

xpert1000
Rookie Member

Postby xpert1000 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 pm

newaccount2021 wrote:
Mr.88 wrote:
Windy_city86 wrote:
Hey guys,

Start a GoFundMe, everyone is doing it these days.
Currently employed

Working on:
Ontario Corrections
Applied - 12/04/2020
Wonderlic - 01/27/2021 (results 03/22/2021)
REACT - Pending

mca
Rookie Member

Postby mca » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:24 pm

xpert1000 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 pm
newaccount2021 wrote:
Mr.88 wrote:

Start a GoFundMe, everyone is doing it these days.

Also this person sounds like an inmate, too much crying and super entitled. Get a box of kleenex you are tearing up.

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:55 pm

newaccount2021 wrote:
I agree... It's ridiculous, but it's how they like to operate. Thing is though, and you'll learn it eventually. Your new employer is a cheap-skate.
The other thing is... They think they can dictate a lot of stuff they really can't and when called out on their BS they slink away back into their hidey-hole.

Every once in a while an edict comes out from admin "reminding" everyone about dress and deportment... They even try to tell us what colour socks to wear...
It's routinely ignored.
If they want to start supplying uniform socks and Tee Shirts... Great.
Until then I'll buy what I want.
You'll also notice very few officers wear the issued uniform trousers... They suck. Most people just bite the bullet and buy their own better quality/fit pantaloons.
If I were at COTA I'd be right there with newaccount2021 except my shirt would be any colour but white and my name in sharpie would read "Mibalzarichi"
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

newaccount2021
Rookie Member

Postby newaccount2021 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:59 pm

mca wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 pm
ah yes, not wanting to spend my own money on something stupid like a custom t-shirt with my last name on it makes me a low life, yeah ill just quit now then.

AlphaCentauri
Rookie Member

Postby AlphaCentauri » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Does anyone know if once you complete the registration form you get a confirmation? I hit the submit button at the bottom of the documents and nothing happened.
Application Accepted: 07/2020
Wonderlic: 08/2020
React: 09/2020
Interview: 10/2020
Fitco: 11/2020
Neo: 11/2020
Offer accepted: 02/2021
Training: 04/2021

newaccount2021
Rookie Member

Postby newaccount2021 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:42 pm

AlphaCentauri wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:27 pm
Does anyone know if once you complete the registration form you get a confirmation? I hit the submit button at the bottom of the documents and nothing happened.
I'm assuming you're talking about the direct deposit form that was sent out? I received an email confirmation afterward.

Windy_city86
Rookie Member

Postby Windy_city86 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

Yes you should have received a receipt from the address noreply@ontario.ca
It will require a version of Internet Explorer to transmit. If you use chrome or microsoft edge it won't work. Also it may require you to use a gmail account.

AlphaCentauri
Rookie Member

Postby AlphaCentauri » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:47 am

I figured it out lol. Thanks.
Application Accepted: 07/2020
Wonderlic: 08/2020
React: 09/2020
Interview: 10/2020
Fitco: 11/2020
Neo: 11/2020
Offer accepted: 02/2021