Calgary Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Re: Calgary Police Service

Postby ReadySetGo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:33 am

BravoLimaKilo wrote:Hey all,

Just curious if anyone is currently at the background stage or have been selected for the upcoming class in the fall?

I'm currently in the background stage. If i'm not mistaken, it began about a month ago.

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Does anyone have any new information regarding upcoming recruit classes?

Blackwolf_actual
Rookie Member

Postby Blackwolf_actual » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:11 am

Ive been told 2019 by file manager.

JambornJo
Rookie Member

Postby JambornJo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:36 pm

I was told sometime in early 2018 from my file manager.

BravoLimaKilo
Rookie Member

Postby BravoLimaKilo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:08 pm

I was notified today that my background has been completed and that I am up for selection at the end of April. Extremely nervous. Anyone else up for selection now?

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 pm

BravoLimaKilo wrote:I was notified today that my background has been completed and that I am up for selection at the end of April. Extremely nervous. Anyone else up for selection now?

Congrats on moving forward, I'm personally still in background. About how long were you waiting to hear about selection?

BravoLimaKilo
Rookie Member

Postby BravoLimaKilo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:01 pm

ReadySetGo wrote:Congrats on moving forward, I'm personally still in background. About how long were you waiting to hear about selection?

Sent you a PM a few weeks ago that would answer your question :)

TF2
Rookie Member

Postby TF2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Hi all,

I have my written exam scheduled for next month.
anyone writing the test in May? Please feel free to send a PM or share any tips. :arrow:

TF2

ReadySetGo
Rookie Member

Postby ReadySetGo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:59 pm

[quote="TF2"]Hi all,

anyone writing the test in May? Please feel free to send a PM or share any tips. :arrow:

Good luck in your process! I sent you a PM. Keep us posted on your progress.

TF2
Rookie Member

Postby TF2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:19 am

Thank you ReadySetGo, I will share any updates.

TF2

kpete848
Rookie Member

Postby kpete848 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm

ReadySetGo wrote:
TF2 wrote:Hi all,

Good luck in your process! I sent you a PM. Keep us posted on your progress.

The question you are asking is asked almost every page or two. If your serious about this I can tell you that before you ask for help do some digging or "investigating". When I was here, I started on page 1 and read every single entry to see what people asked and related advice and answers.

TF2
Rookie Member

Postby TF2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:25 am

I won't tell you how serious I am.

I did read more than enough. No doubt, I learned a lot reading the previous pages. All the answers provided are really valuable, and I appreciate all the ideas being shared. Also, I receive valuable tips from awesome people because I asked. Never say enough to new ideas right!

TF2

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Thu May 11, 2017 8:59 am

can anyone elaborate on the hiring freeze rumour and cancellation of september class?

cityblue
Veteran Member

Postby cityblue » Sat May 13, 2017 1:41 am

GeeGee wrote:can anyone elaborate on the hiring freeze rumour and cancellation of september class?

From the Recruiting site:

ATTENTION
Please note, as of Friday, May 12, 2017, we will no longer be accepting applications for Calgary Police Service Officers. This is to allow for the development and implementation of a new online paperless application system that is scheduled to go live October 2017, at which time we will resume accepting applicants.

This will not impact any current applications or applications that are received prior to Friday, May 12, 2017.

Implementation of this new system will allow for an efficient and streamlined application process starting in the fall. Thank you for your patience.

Beyond that, I can't really comment. I've heard every rumour along every range recently (from having 5 or 6 classes in 2018 to having no classes until 2019). Until the dates actually roll around, there's no way to tell. The service might say "no" for the moment, but you can be certain that if suddenly there's money, there'll be a class running within a week or two of that money being available.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Mon May 15, 2017 10:08 am

cityblue wrote:
GeeGee wrote:can anyone elaborate on the hiring freeze rumour and cancellation of september class?

From the Recruiting site:

ATTENTION
Please note, as of Friday, May 12, 2017, we will no longer be accepting applications for Calgary Police Service Officers. This is to allow for the development and implementation of a new online paperless application system that is scheduled to go live October 2017, at which time we will resume accepting applicants.

This will not impact any current applications or applications that are received prior to Friday, May 12, 2017.

Implementation of this new system will allow for an efficient and streamlined application process starting in the fall. Thank you for your patience.

Beyond that, I can't really comment. I've heard every rumour along every range recently (from having 5 or 6 classes in 2018 to having no classes until 2019). Until the dates actually roll around, there's no way to tell. The service might say "no" for the moment, but you can be certain that if suddenly there's money, there'll be a class running within a week or two of that money being available.

ya i just saw that on the website too...i got a confirmation email that my file has been received...i submitted mine a week before the cutoff...so im happy that im in the process...i know when i was going through my recruit training we had news that there wouldnt be a class and sure enough a week prior to deadline we got told to pack up and head for edmonton, because all of a sudden there was money lol