Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Rico_ZD
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Just Applied

Postby Rico_ZD » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:25 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and for the information.

I am confident I am on the right path in terms of knowledge.

The wait is hard, but I'll just be patient and prepare.

Thanks!

speiky
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 am

Re: Just Applied

Postby speiky » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Congrats on taking the first step. However, you could’ve posted this into the TPS thread instead of making a brand new one.

https://forums.blueline.ca/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17227

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: Just Applied

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:54 pm

speiky wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:58 pm
Congrats on taking the first step. However, you could’ve posted this into the TPS thread instead of making a brand new one.

https://forums.blueline.ca/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17227
Merged.

Certain death avoided, my pay scale once again justified, and life carries on.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband (8*+), Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

4343
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby 4343 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:54 pm

Has anyone who did a shuttle run test in June or July been invited for an interview?

Best of luck!

stribor45
Veteran Member
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby stribor45 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I received email from TPS on Friday for the PBQ/LFI to be completed by Monday. Does this mean Monday end of the day?

This is my first contact with TPS since my original online application. Does anyone knows how long does it take from submitting PBQ/LFI to the time when shuttle run needs to be done?

Thank you

Rico_ZD
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Rico_ZD » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:56 pm

stribor45 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:21 pm
Hi everyone,

I received email from TPS on Friday for the PBQ/LFI to be completed by Monday. Does this mean Monday end of the day?

This is my first contact with TPS since my original online application. Does anyone knows how long does it take from submitting PBQ/LFI to the time when shuttle run needs to be done?

Thank you
Congratulations on getting to the next stage. May I ask when you applied online? Thanks.

stribor45
Veteran Member
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby stribor45 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Rico_ZD wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:56 pm
stribor45 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:21 pm
Hi everyone,

I received email from TPS on Friday for the PBQ/LFI to be completed by Monday. Does this mean Monday end of the day?

This is my first contact with TPS since my original online application. Does anyone knows how long does it take from submitting PBQ/LFI to the time when shuttle run needs to be done?

Thank you
Congratulations on getting to the next stage. May I ask when you applied online? Thanks.
Thank you. I applied in June.

TMO11777
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby TMO11777 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:21 am

What is TPS hair standard for men? I cant find it by googling. Can men have long hair?

speiky
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 am

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby speiky » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:32 am

TMO11777 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:21 am
What is TPS hair standard for men? I cant find it by googling. Can men have long hair?
No. Is that a make or break type of question?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Slovak4188 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:32 pm

TMO11777 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:21 am
What is TPS hair standard for men? I cant find it by googling. Can men have long hair?
For your own safety, I HEAVILY recommend you do not have long hair when on duty. Just saying.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Online
ravigill35
Rookie Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby ravigill35 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:48 am

Has anyone been updated on their applications? They resumed interviewing

Rico_ZD
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Rico_ZD » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am

Does anyone know if before the shuttle run test starts, what type of warm up you are asked to do. For example, in the police in the UK, we warm up to stage 3. We are then asked to stretch and then start the shuttle run again (the actual test).

User avatar
LeoLeo
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby LeoLeo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm

ravigill35 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:48 am
Has anyone been updated on their applications? They resumed interviewing
I received my online PBQ/LFI invitation 1 day after my shuttle run (last Sept 9th) and I completed on Friday night (Sept 10th), I am since waiting for the second interview...another friend did it 1 month ago and is still waiting for the same interview.
Rico_ZD wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am
Does anyone know if before the shuttle run test starts, what type of warm up you are asked to do. For example, in the police in the UK, we warm up to stage 3. We are then asked to stretch and then start the shuttle run again (the actual test).
They don't ask for any warm up. You will have a few minutes before it starts, about 5 to 10 minutes, so you a free to use it as you want..
Toronto Police Service/21:
Applied: 22/07
Shuttle Run: 09/09
PBQ/LFI: 10/09
PBQ Review: 22/09

Online
ravigill35
Rookie Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby ravigill35 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Rico_ZD wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am
Does anyone know if before the shuttle run test starts, what type of warm up you are asked to do. For example, in the police in the UK, we warm up to stage 3. We are then asked to stretch and then start the shuttle run again (the actual test).
They won't tell you anything other than the rules of the shuttlerun. With that said they give you a few minutes to do what you need to do. Some applicants did a light run through. 7 is very achievable even if you are out of shape.

Online
ravigill35
Rookie Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby ravigill35 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm

LeoLeo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm
ravigill35 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:48 am
Has anyone been updated on their applications? They resumed interviewing
I received my online PBQ/LFI invitation 1 day after my shuttle run (last Sept 9th) and I completed on Friday night (Sept 10th), I am since waiting for the second interview...another friend did it 1 month ago and is still waiting for the same interview.
Your process very different from mine. I didn't receive a shuttlerun invite until after I passed the online PBQ/LFI


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], pete5240, ravigill35, Thegoldrush and 16 guests