RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Regular Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:01 pm

I wanted to throw in my two cents on a couple of things here recently:

Conditional offer
-Unfortunately I misspoke some time ago when I said this didn't happen. We had done this in the past but ran into a number of problems and stopped the practice as far as I knew. I was not aware, but National recruiting re-started this on a very limited basis. This conditional offer MIGHT apply to those who have a Government of Canada enhanced reliability clearance at a minimum. Ultimately you shouldn't anticipate a "conditional offer" and heading to Depot without a full security clearance.

Dress for Travel
-I don't think I've ever seen a mandatory dress code for travel to Depot. As pointed out, just dress comfortably and follow the directions you are given, ie take cab from airport to Depot.
-Take a look around your airplane, if you're coming from a major center chances are very good there are other cadet's in your troop heading to Depot. Maybe a good idea to car pool :ponder: just a thought

Imran

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Regular Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP Remount Question

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:48 pm

"RCMP Remount Question
Postby Chaise » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I am hoping somebody could shed some light on the remounting process. I have heard of a couple members who have remounted and have had different processes. One of them went back to their detachment as if they had never left and others had to go through some hoops to get back.

I would appreciate your feedback and experience in this area.

Thanks
Chaise"

Hi Chaise,

Now is a great time to be back with the Mounties. My best advice for you is to contact the recruiting unit in the province where you currently reside. They would have the best answer for you.

www.rcmpcareers.ca

Regards,
Alex

misterbrown
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:43 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby misterbrown » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:31 pm

Hey guys,

I’ve completed the entrance exam in early August and sent in all the forms needed in September. Now, I’m onto the next stage.

Would I be doing the RFI or RMAQ interview? And do you guys have any advice/tips? I’m not that good at interviews so I really want to prepare for this!


Thanks!

Ont. RCMP Recruiter
Regular Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:32 pm

I should have posted something earlier, but after a few years of monitoring this forum as "Ont. RCMP Recruiter" I'm handing off the reins to my partner Constable Alex Holdway. Alex is a great resource and has a ton of experience so make sure to pick his brain with questions.

For those interested in the RCMP, there's no better time to apply then right now. We're hiring, we're hiring lots and we'll be continuing to hire for some time to come. Review www.rcmpcareers.ca for the application process and I would highly encourage you to sit in on a career presentation. The dates/times are posted under "Recruiting Events" at that website. Get fit, have a positive attitude and be patient with the application process. We know it's a long process but it's so worthwhile at the end. Good luck to the current and future applicants. Hopefully we meet down the road somewhere.

Imran

User avatar
Depot Web
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:47 am
Location: RCMP Academy, Depot Division, Regina, Saskatchewan
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Depot Web » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:28 am

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:32 pm
I should have posted something earlier, but after a few years of monitoring this forum as "Ont. RCMP Recruiter" I'm handing off the reins to my partner Constable Alex Holdway.
Welcome, Alex. If you ever have questions about what's happening at Depot, please reach out here or through Outlook.

Imran, thank you for everything you did for the forum. Best of luck with the next chapter!
David Calam
RCMP Depot Division

mrblakestar
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby mrblakestar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:23 am

So I'm planning on applying to the RCMP halfway through my 3rd year in university (I'm 2nd year right now) which will give me 1.5 years to go through the application process and just enough time to finish my 4th year. Let's assume I finish my application process and get into depot several weeks before I'm done school, will I be able to wait a few weeks before leaving for Depot? When applying do they ask for the earliest date you can go to Depot or do they send you right away?

neonlights97
Regular Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:43 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby neonlights97 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:22 am

I have a question with regards to wearing glasses and/or contact lenses.

During a career presentation, the officer stated that applicants must possess a driver's license without conditions whereas on the RCMP Careers website, it says that the driver's license must be without restrictions...

My question is the following: If a future applicant is in possession of an UNRESTRICTED provincial driver's license but needs to wear glasses/contacts to drive, and it is a CONDITION that is mentioned on their driver's license, can they still apply?

I also recently watched a video uploaded to YouTube in early-2020 with a cadet doing their drill with glasses on, which confused me even more... :ponder:

Thanks for the reply/feedback!

Tazvan
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Tazvan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:26 pm

I got notification that I have deferred for 5 years, I will be in my late 40s by the time I can even attempt to apply again. I would have to re-write the written test, do my hearing and vision test all over again. I felt that the reasons provided in my deferral were not adequate and the deferral duration is pretty extreme. In my polygraph exam the interview asked me to tell him anything on my mind so I have a clear mind and I told him stuff I was thinking about that would possibly cost me that interview and it was just stuff I was think I may have done or was thinking but not actually did. They used this honesty to defer me for 5 years. I was crushed, and attempt to get clarification and explain myself fell on deaf ears. I can just accept this which I have done but I also believe that this deferral duration is so punitive to stop me from ever working in a Career that means something to me. They asked for honesty and I gave honesty, nothing that involves drugs, violence or anything that hurts anyone but they still denied me a chance to make a difference. If anyone has a idea of how I can appeal this decision or possible be heard, it would be very helpful.

hsinom
Veteran Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 am

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby hsinom » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:26 pm

[-
Last edited by hsinom on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tazvan
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Tazvan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:12 am

Really appreciate your response and feedback. I'm trying to move on with my life but I can't help shake the feeling that I did everything right, I would have been a great police officer, I had put my everything into this and for someone to just make a decision that affected my livelihood and family just like that and then just move on with their lives keeps bothering me. I'm trying to take this in the most positive light but I feel like 5 years was more of a personal and punitive deterrent to ensure that my dreams of becoming a member are never realized.

hsinom
Veteran Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 am

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby hsinom » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:44 am

-
Last edited by hsinom on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 2970
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:41 am

Tazvan wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:12 am
Really appreciate your response and feedback. I'm trying to move on with my life but I can't help shake the feeling that I did everything right, I would have been a great police officer, I had put my everything into this and for someone to just make a decision that affected my livelihood and family just like that and then just move on with their lives keeps bothering me. I'm trying to take this in the most positive light but I feel like 5 years was more of a personal and punitive deterrent to ensure that my dreams of becoming a member are never realized.
Wait 5 years, or apply for another Police Service or other Law Enforcement Agency, Or move past it completely.
Something was not-quite-right at this point with accepting you as far as the Force is concerned, and no, I do NOT want to discuss it with you in a private discussion.
You are not the first, nor the last, to receive such news.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband (8*+), Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

CanBr19
Regular Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:25 am

Tazvan wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:26 pm
I got notification that I have deferred for 5 years, I will be in my late 40s by the time I can even attempt to apply again. I would have to re-write the written test, do my hearing and vision test all over again. I felt that the reasons provided in my deferral were not adequate and the deferral duration is pretty extreme. In my polygraph exam the interview asked me to tell him anything on my mind so I have a clear mind and I told him stuff I was thinking about that would possibly cost me that interview and it was just stuff I was think I may have done or was thinking but not actually did. They used this honesty to defer me for 5 years. I was crushed, and attempt to get clarification and explain myself fell on deaf ears. I can just accept this which I have done but I also believe that this deferral duration is so punitive to stop me from ever working in a Career that means something to me. They asked for honesty and I gave honesty, nothing that involves drugs, violence or anything that hurts anyone but they still denied me a chance to make a difference. If anyone has a idea of how I can appeal this decision or possible be heard, it would be very helpful.
Take it like a man, as they say, and move on. I recall a story of someone that was 52 when started as Police officer. So everything is possible. Just do not count on it to happen and as your only option in life.

MBSK
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby MBSK » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 pm

Does the RCMP offer any programs for officers to pursue bachelor/masters degrees? If so, do you need to complete schooling while working? Do you complete schooling between posts? Do they cover any of the costs of education? Just wondering if there’s anything like that available, thanks!

User avatar
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm

mrblakestar wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:23 am
So I'm planning on applying to the RCMP halfway through my 3rd year in university (I'm 2nd year right now) which will give me 1.5 years to go through the application process and just enough time to finish my 4th year. Let's assume I finish my application process and get into depot several weeks before I'm done school, will I be able to wait a few weeks before leaving for Depot? When applying do they ask for the earliest date you can go to Depot or do they send you right away?
If you're close to graduation, a Depot date can be put off a bit.
K division.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blueman2, SemrushBot and 15 guests