RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Eagles1992

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Eagles1992 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:14 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 pm
Serenity_now wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:13 pm
sig1992 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:08 pm
I’m not on the Facebook page so I have no way of knowing, but I’m wondering if any Ontario applicants have been recently hired? I’m approaching 3 years since my application was accepted and I’m wondering if there has been any progress for Ontario applicants (especially for those waiting 2+ years), I’m really hoping for some good news soon and a potential troop date for this year. I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be sitting in this limbo but I’m really trying to stay busy and fit while I wait!
Three years with no word on the status of your file is incredibly disrespectful. Put your energy towards municipal
I do not want to be a PO with just any agency, a career as a member of the RCMP has been a dream of mine before rainbows had colours. Yes, the wait sucks, but tack on a million other possible reasons for delay given the current state of the world, but it is what it is. Soon I’ll be posting good news, and the wait will have been worth it.
Great attitude. Refrain from negative thoughts, they are counterproductive.

Serenity_now

Postby Serenity_now » Wed May 26, 2021 3:30 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 pm
Serenity_now wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:13 pm
sig1992 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:08 pm
I’m not on the Facebook page so I have no way of knowing, but I’m wondering if any Ontario applicants have been recently hired? I’m approaching 3 years since my application was accepted and I’m wondering if there has been any progress for Ontario applicants (especially for those waiting 2+ years), I’m really hoping for some good news soon and a potential troop date for this year. I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be sitting in this limbo but I’m really trying to stay busy and fit while I wait!
Three years with no word on the status of your file is incredibly disrespectful. Put your energy towards municipal
I do not want to be a PO with just any agency, a career as a member of the RCMP has been a dream of mine before rainbows had colours. Yes, the wait sucks, but tack on a million other possible reasons for delay given the current state of the world, but it is what it is. Soon I’ll be posting good news, and the wait will have been worth it.
Good luck!

NewApplicant101
Rookie Member

Postby NewApplicant101 » Thu May 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Hey Sig1992, I'm in the same boat also. I applied back in September 2018 (Ont Applicant) and recently completed my security interview... I'm a little under four months shy of being 3 years in the process 88) ... I also prefer the RCMP over municipal and provincial forces. The wait process is frustrating but at least you get to spend more time with friends and family. I remembered when I first applied... I thought I would be at Depot within a year or year in a half as per videos I watched on YouTube and other sites I reviewed. LOL If/when I get a call for a troop offer I wont even be surprised... Because ive been anticipating it for too long.

Pappa Smurf
Rookie Member

Postby Pappa Smurf » Fri May 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Anyone else here get into troop 6?
AB
Online application 2019/05/08
e-RPAT 2019/06/11
SP 2019/07/07
SP recommend 2019/08/14
RMAQ phone review 2020/01/23
RFI 2020-02/18
Polygraph 2020/03/05
Med 2020/07/15
Med cleared 2020/08/28
Sc 2021/03/21
Troop 6

MEAS0911
Rookie Member

Postby MEAS0911 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:04 pm

Hey guys you are not alone. Package was sent in August 2018 and 2 years + in DSU. We'll get the yay or nay soon :)

Serenity_now

Postby Serenity_now » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:18 pm

MEAS0911 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 3:04 pm
Hey guys you are not alone. Package was sent in August 2018 and 2 years + in DSU. We'll get the yay or nay soon :)
You guys ever try emailing or calling to see what’s going on? I emailed recruitment in another province and told them how long I’d been waiting (7 months at that time). I was emailed my clearance the next day

MEAS0911
Rookie Member

Postby MEAS0911 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:12 pm

Serenity_now wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:18 pm
MEAS0911 wrote:
You guys ever try emailing or calling to see what’s going on? I emailed recruitment in another province and told them how long I’d been waiting (7 months at that time). I was emailed my clearance the next day
I haven't spoken to any recruiters other than my own. All she said was management is currently involved and prioritizing older files.

Serenity_now

Postby Serenity_now » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:55 pm

MEAS0911 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:12 pm
Serenity_now wrote:
MEAS0911 wrote:
I haven't spoken to any recruiters other than my own. All she said was management is currently involved and prioritizing older files.
I emailed every recruiting email from each division and they all said “covid backlog” except one who said they’ll get it sorted out. Next day I got my clearance

Raga
Rookie Member

Postby Raga » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:34 am

Serenity_now wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:55 pm
MEAS0911 wrote:
Serenity_now wrote:

I emailed every recruiting email from each division and they all said “covid backlog” except one who said they’ll get it sorted out. Next day I got my clearance
Which email was it?
Applied in September of 2018 just like everyone else and in security since August of 2019 lol. Everytime I ask I get the same response from my analyst and superiors lol.

Ont. RCMP Recruiter

Postby Ont. RCMP Recruiter » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 am

Raga wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:34 am
Serenity_now wrote:
MEAS0911 wrote:

Which email was it?
Applied in September of 2018 just like everyone else and in security since August of 2019 lol. Everytime I ask I get the same response from my analyst and superiors lol.
I am going to jump in here before we get too far. So I'm not sure what Serenity_Now is speaking too when they suggest emailing every recruiting office asking about their security/background clearance. DO NOT DO THIS. This is simply "answer shopping". As I've pointed out multiple times, your security clearances are completed by a completely separate unit. RCMP Recruiting, including your recruiting analyst cannot "light a fire" under anyone's rear, nor do we want to do that. If we hurry along an applicant's clearance we are taking an enormous risk with that individual. We don't get a full picture about who that person is, who they associate with, their intentions about joining the organization etc. As with anything, this is good and bad and I often bring the length of time some security clearances take with senior management. Stay patient, keep working out and let the application work it's way through the process

Imran

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:49 am

Serenity_now wrote:
MEAS0911 wrote:
Serenity_now wrote:

I will EMPHASIZE Ont. RCMP Recuiter's comment.

DO NOT FLOOD RECRUITING WITH EMAILS. Contact ONLY your last Recruiter, or Section you were . are dealing with, or you WILL suffer the self-inflicted consequences of your free-will choice of stupidity and have to start looking elsewhere.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband (8*+), Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

Serenity_now

Postby Serenity_now » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:34 am

Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 am
Raga wrote:
Serenity_now wrote:

Which email was it?
I am going to jump in here before we get too far. So I'm not sure what Serenity_Now is speaking too when they suggest emailing every recruiting office asking about their security/background clearance. DO NOT DO THIS. This is simply "answer shopping". As I've pointed out multiple times, your security clearances are completed by a completely separate unit. RCMP Recruiting, including your recruiting analyst cannot "light a fire" under anyone's rear, nor do we want to do that. If we hurry along an applicant's clearance we are taking an enormous risk with that individual. We don't get a full picture about who that person is, who they associate with, their intentions about joining the organization etc. As with anything, this is good and bad and I often bring the length of time some security clearances take with senior management. Stay patient, keep working out and let the application work it's way through the process

Imran
Whoops ! Ya don’t email recruiters

MEAS0911
Rookie Member

Postby MEAS0911 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am

Serenity_now wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:34 am
Ont. RCMP Recruiter wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 am
Raga wrote:

Which email was it?

Imran
Whoops ! Ya don’t email recruiters
Haha I wasn't going to. Harassing your potential future employer is NEVER a good thing. I like being the grey man. The less noise you make the better it is and it's less stressful for recruiters who already have enough on their plates.

max Parmar
Rookie Member

Postby max Parmar » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:46 am

Anybody waiting to write the test . I got an email yesterday to complete the bias testing . Is that something new . Please advise

FlyByNight99
Rookie Member

Postby FlyByNight99 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:37 pm

Hello.

Does anyone know if the Covid vaccine will be mandatory to attend depot? I have to give a list of my immunizations, and in the faq it says having the vaccine is not required...but is that just for the application?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.