OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
BigCountry
Regular Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby BigCountry » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 pm

LeoLeo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:21 pm
Today I got my deferral letter informing that unfortunately I would not advance to the next step into the process. Nothing to do about it. I will take the opportunity and apply in different forces.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Take some time and reflect on where you think you can improve for next time. Come back bigger and stronger. Write down what questions they asked you in the interview while they're fresh in your mind. Then you can read over them and know what to expect next time

Paltoronto
Rookie Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Paltoronto » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:46 pm

LeoLeo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:21 pm
Today I got my deferral letter informing that unfortunately I would not advance to the next step into the process. Nothing to do about it. I will take the opportunity and apply in different forces.
So sorry to hear that. Don’t give up, apply again..
Cheer up!
Did they send you email or letter?

Paltoronto
Rookie Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Paltoronto » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:39 pm

Hello al!

Could someone give some tips on Psych Interview.

I mean what does an Interviewer ask- Personal, Professional etc..!! & how do we prepare for it?

Would appreciate your response my friends.

Pal

Wheels28
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 11:31 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Wheels28 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi Pal,

When I applied in 2018 it was a letter that was sent for deferrals. Not sure if this has changed since then.

In regards to the psych interview are you referring to the written portion or a follow up with the psychiatrist? Either way there’s not much you can do but answer honestly. Don’t overthink the questions.

Paltoronto
Rookie Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Paltoronto » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:36 am

Wheels28 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:59 pm
Hi Pal,

When I applied in 2018 it was a letter that was sent for deferrals. Not sure if this has changed since then.

In regards to the psych interview are you referring to the written portion or a follow up with the psychiatrist? Either way there’s not much you can do but answer honestly. Don’t overthink the questions.
Thank you for reply.

Recently done my Psych Interview and it was okay. And they sent me a Package for Vision, Hearing and additional forms like Uniform measurements etc.

But didn’t see deadline to return those forms. Is there any deadline so far? How many of you had been on that stage.. any advise so far and what are other remaining things I need to get prepare for?

Would appreciate your response.
Thank you.

BigCountry
Regular Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby BigCountry » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Just received my LFI date. Any last minute advice?

Dakota
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Dakota » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:13 pm

Good evening everyone,

I am new to the thread and blown away by all of the information available/ support you guys have for one another.

Do any of you (or friends) have experience working as a constable in some of the remote locations? I’m talking about the extremely remote locations? (Moosonee, Pickle Lake, Armstrong - any of the 2-3 year remote locations)

More importantly, I am wondering if the constables at these detachments feel like they are understaffed/ have a lack of resources? Are the constables patrolling at night without a partner?

User avatar
LeoLeo
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby LeoLeo » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm

BigCountry wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm
Just received my LFI date. Any last minute advice?
Based on my LFI, search about the service, values, missions, vision ... get to know the job (what they do), make some search about the last OPP social media posts, and facts regarding the indigenous.

Basically, check the OPP areas of assessment and try to figure out how you can fill each of those areas and provide the examples...
YRP/21:
Application: May 28
------------------------
Kingston/21:
Application: April 02
PBQ: April 10
Interview I: Jun 01

alexgue89
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Kitchener, ON
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby alexgue89 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:15 pm

Paltoronto wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:36 am
Wheels28 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:59 pm
Hi Pal,

When I applied in 2018 it was a letter that was sent for deferrals. Not sure if this has changed since then.

In regards to the psych interview are you referring to the written portion or a follow up with the psychiatrist? Either way there’s not much you can do but answer honestly. Don’t overthink the questions.
Thank you for reply.

Recently done my Psych Interview and it was okay. And they sent me a Package for Vision, Hearing and additional forms like Uniform measurements etc.

But didn’t see deadline to return those forms. Is there any deadline so far? How many of you had been on that stage.. any advise so far and what are other remaining things I need to get prepare for?

Would appreciate your response.
Thank you.
Did you consider emailing recruiting if they have deadlines?

They maybe the best ones to answer this.
App Rec: Mar 23, 2020
Written LFI/PBQ: May 13, 2020
LFI: Jun 2, 2020
Senior Panel: Jun 15, 2020
Psych: Jun 16/30, 2020
BGI: Jul 6, 2020
Medical: Jul 23/30/31, 2020
Home Visit: Aug 3, 2020
Chief’s Interview: Aug 13, 2020
THE CALL!!!!: Aug 20, 2020

Chino7
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:18 am
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Chino7 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:58 am

Does anyone know which dates the April training starts?

BigCountry
Regular Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby BigCountry » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 am

Chino7 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:58 am
Does anyone know which dates the April training starts?
I don't think anyone knows that info yet

ryno86
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby ryno86 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:00 pm

The next OPC class starts at the beginning of May.

Paltoronto
Rookie Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Paltoronto » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:34 pm

OPP sent me the Package with Med assessments and Uniform size, I was so excited and booked an appointment with Doctors.

But after 2 days, they sent me an email saying that My File is closed..

It was my 3rd attempt.. 1st time Home Interview then rejection letter. 2nd time not even Background Investigation stage and now 3rd time Background, Psych interview and a letter...Pooff!!!

I was confident at the time as atleast I was thing I have upgraded my by doing extra Volunteer and trainings.. but No, fate had a different choice.

I won’t lay down, will get back strong and strike hard.. Next Yr.

User avatar
zjswain
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:59 am
Location: WR
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby zjswain » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:25 pm

Hello all! Been a long time since I've posted! Been focused elsewhere, but happy to jump back in the saddle!

Submitted to OPP 5 Feb 21, and received a File # on 8 Feb 21. This is my second attempt at getting on with the OPP. I have also applied to CKPS (not invited for interview) WRPS :). Looking forward to more discussions and pointers for each other on these forums! Good luck all and I hope to see some of you at OPC one day :D
Last edited by zjswain on Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OPP:
App Sent: 5 Feb 2021
File #: 8 Feb
Shuttle Run Submitted: 13 Apr
Pre Interview Forms: 15 Apr
LFI / Results/ Psych Inv 13 May
Measurements / Medical / Prints: 20 May
BGI Start: 24 May
Psych Test: 26 May
Home Int: 6 Jun

Finn5485
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby Finn5485 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Hi everyone!
Been thinking about making an account for a while!

I am currently in the OPP recruiting system.
Here is my timeline

Applied: October 1st 2020
File Number Received: October 7th 2020
Pre-Screening Completed: November 1st 2020
Video Pass Request: November 12th 2020
PASS Submitted and accepted: November 23rd 2020
Personal History Forms: November 24th 2020
Notice of LFI Date and PBQ: December 22nd 2020
Local Focus interview: January 14th 2021
Psychological Testing: January 28th 2021

This is my timeline to date, now I assume I am in the background investigation stage. Will post further updates!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, DLEO, Dreambig, smittyj77 and 13 guests