**Alberta Correctional Services - HIRING**

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
alis24
Rookie Member

Re: **Alberta Correctional Services - HIRING**

Postby alis24 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:16 pm

I have been invited for a phone interview followed by a written test for post of a CPO. Any tips for preparation?

Tornelco

Postby Tornelco » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Hey anybody from ERC on here? Just curious about how often ERC does orientation classes? I know my old center did them like maybe 4 or 5 times a year (3-4 people per class) but ERC is massive, so I figured it was pretty frequent.

Feel free to PM me if you don't wanna dox yourself.
Correctional Officer

tahir
Rookie Member

Postby tahir » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:25 pm

Hi ,,I have the first interview coming tomorrow followed by the written test ,any body have any adea what should I prepare.

tahir
Rookie Member

Postby tahir » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:27 pm

tahir wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:25 pm
Hi ,,I have the first interview coming tomorrow followed by the written test ,any body have any idea ..what should I prepare.

deltalima21
Rookie Member

Postby deltalima21 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:48 pm

Anybody heard from anyone yet? Any updates to our fellow applicants here?

Jay2020
Rookie Member

Postby Jay2020 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:11 pm

When we do the virtual interview and at the end are asked questions about mobility, notice to be given to previous employer and choice locations ( facilities) is that an indication that the session was successful?

Jay2020
Rookie Member

Postby Jay2020 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:12 pm

deltalima21 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:48 pm
Anybody heard from anyone yet? Any updates to our fellow applicants here?
When we do the virtual interview and at the end are asked questions about mobility, notice to be given to previous employer and choice locations ( facilities) is that an indication that the session was successful?

Kharlvp
Rookie Member

Postby Kharlvp » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:30 am

Hey everyone. I got invited for my orientation first week of December. Does anyone have an idea what I can expect? Or what the “ORCA” is? Just curious cause this is my first time seeing an orientation/classroom setting in a law enforcement agency.

Tornelco

Postby Tornelco » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:49 am

Kharlvp wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:30 am
Hey everyone. I got invited for my orientation first week of December. Does anyone have an idea what I can expect? Or what the “ORCA” is? Just curious cause this is my first time seeing an orientation/classroom setting in a law enforcement agency.
Offender Records and Correctional Administration (ORCA) is the primary software you will be using while you're on duty. Shift logs, counts, case notes, internal movements, etc are all done on ORCA.

Orientation changes pretty often but mostly you will learn emergency codes and how to call them, some important policies and procedures, you'll have guest speakers from different civilian and sworn units in your center (tac team, honor guard, healthcare, psychologist). You'll receive a basic understanding of use of force theory.

Congratulations and good luck! :wave:
Correctional Officer

Kharlvp
Rookie Member

Postby Kharlvp » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:40 am

Tornelco wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:49 am
Kharlvp wrote:
Offender Records and Correctional Administration (ORCA) is the primary software you will be using while you're on duty. Shift logs, counts, case notes, internal movements, etc are all done on ORCA.

Orientation changes pretty often but mostly you will learn emergency codes and how to call them, some important policies and procedures, you'll have guest speakers from different civilian and sworn units in your center (tac team, honor guard, healthcare, psychologist). You'll receive a basic understanding of use of force theory.

Ohh okay that takes some ease of my mine. Thanks a lot for the information!

Kharlvp
Rookie Member

Postby Kharlvp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:53 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Kharlvp wrote:

Hey sorry to bother but I wanted to know if the orientation has any study material and tests in its duration.

ABFarmer

Postby ABFarmer » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Kharlvp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:53 pm
Tornelco wrote:
Kharlvp wrote:

Hey sorry to bother but I wanted to know if the orientation has any study material and tests in its duration.
During my orientation, there was indeed an exam at the end. Our of the 10 people in my group, none of us struggled with the exam. As for studying, there are a few things to commit to memory (half a dozen emergency codes), but I think the rest is more about common sense. If you listen in class and spend maybe 20 mins a night re-reading your note, the exam is going to be a breeze.

Kharlvp
Rookie Member

Postby Kharlvp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:39 am

ABFarmer wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:18 pm
Kharlvp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:53 pm
Tornelco wrote:

During my orientation, there was indeed an exam at the end. Our of the 10 people in my group, none of us struggled with the exam. As for studying, there are a few things to commit to memory (half a dozen emergency codes), but I think the rest is more about common sense. If you listen in class and spend maybe 20 mins a night re-reading your note, the exam is going to be a breeze.
Thanks again farmer! Always good to hear from you!