Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Prairieplp
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 5:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Prairieplp » Wed May 04, 2022 5:55 pm

Hey guys, I had my interview yesterday afternoon and was informed by my references that they were contacted today.

Question, for the Prairie regions does everyone go to Kingston for their training?

ygu31
Veteran Member
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby ygu31 » Wed May 04, 2022 7:53 pm

Prairieplp wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:55 pm
Hey guys, I had my interview yesterday afternoon and was informed by my references that they were contacted today.

Question, for the Prairie regions does everyone go to Kingston for their training?
Congrats for passing your interview, the reference contact indicated that you passed your interview.

Question, for the Prairie regions does everyone go to Kingston for their training?
Not really. In the past 12 months, I saw numerous prairie region applicants (who were also deployed to prairie region institutions) were sent to PEI and SK training depot.
For the upcoming CTP3 intake on May 19th and June 1st, I so far know two applicants who currently reside in Prairie region (will then work in AB) were sent to PEI for training.
My opinions expressed here are solely my personal opinions and did not represent the Correctional Service of Canada or any other Government of Canada agencies.

MB CO 2013-2018
ON CO 2018-2019
Federal CO (Acting CX2) 2019-Present

ocularfuse
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby ocularfuse » Fri May 06, 2022 3:31 pm

Prairieplp wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:55 pm
Hey guys, I had my interview yesterday afternoon and was informed by my references that they were contacted today.

Question, for the Prairie regions does everyone go to Kingston for their training?
No. I am Prairie Region, EdMax. I went to PEI.

ocularfuse
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby ocularfuse » Fri May 06, 2022 3:42 pm

GretschWolf wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:51 am
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can offer some insight to working in Edmonton, Pacific, Mission or Matsqui Institutions? I am currently Prairie Region but have requested to change to Pacific and am curious to culture of these institutions.

Thanks and good luck taking these steps, I wish you all the most success on your journey.
I work at EdMax. Good place to work... usually. I cannot compare to others as I have only worked at EdMax.

Ask specific questions.

jseo
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby jseo » Fri May 06, 2022 8:53 pm

national.dogooder wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:17 pm
Last 2 questions for anyone. I appreciate the responses/help very much!

1) Could anyone speak to the gym at CLDC Pacific, and whether recruits would be given some free time to use it to exercise?

2) Are contacts allowed to be worn during stage 3?
We're actually in the same class. :D

I really hope we'll be able to use commercial gyms. I know there's a fitness area where we're supposed to stay that we're allowed to use, but I don't think there's much equipment there. I anticipate a couple of treadmills and a few machines, but I doubt there'll be any free weights or benches. I've never been to BW before, but the gyms at most hotels I've visited have been pretty empty. I'm hoping for some leniency now that the provincial COVID regulations have been lifted, but we'll be working for a federal agency, so I anticipate most COVID rules to stay in place regardless of provincial rules.
CSC

Saskatoon2022
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 06, 2022 9:35 pm
Contact:

Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Saskatoon2022 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:43 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the security clearance back? I did mine at the end of February this year and have not received the results. Is this timeframe typical? Would I be notified if there was any problem with it?

Also are they still doing training in the Prairie Region (Saskatoon) I am from the Prairie Region and will be working here as well.

postnet
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby postnet » Fri May 06, 2022 10:46 pm

jseo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:53 pm
national.dogooder wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:17 pm
Last 2 questions for anyone. I appreciate the responses/help very much!

1) Could anyone speak to the gym at CLDC Pacific, and whether recruits would be given some free time to use it to exercise?

2) Are contacts allowed to be worn during stage 3?
We're actually in the same class. :D

I really hope we'll be able to use commercial gyms. I know there's a fitness area where we're supposed to stay that we're allowed to use, but I don't think there's much equipment there. I anticipate a couple of treadmills and a few machines, but I doubt there'll be any free weights or benches. I've never been to BW before, but the gyms at most hotels I've visited have been pretty empty. I'm hoping for some leniency now that the provincial COVID regulations have been lifted, but we'll be working for a federal agency, so I anticipate most COVID rules to stay in place regardless of provincial rules.

Ive been through training at pac recently so feel free to pm me questions if needed.

Saskatoon2022
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 06, 2022 9:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Saskatoon2022 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:22 am

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the security clearance back? I did mine at the end of February this year and have not received the results. Is this timeframe typical? Would I be notified if there was any problem with it?

User avatar
Z42A
Veteran Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Summerside, PEI
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Z42A » Wed May 11, 2022 1:54 pm

Congratulations to the 27 new correctional officers of PEI-09 who just graduated and are headed off to work in Springhill and Atlantic Institutions.
Matt Chinn, CD
Sergeant Major, Prairie Region Guard of Honour
Staff Training Officer (CX3)
CSC National Satellite Training Academy
Correctional Service of Canada | Government of Canada
matthew.chinn@csc-scc.gc.ca

Virtus autem per scientiam.

sebastianw
Regular Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby sebastianw » Thu May 12, 2022 11:24 am

Hey everyone,
I had my interview at the beginning of February and since then I have not heard back at all. Is this normal? I’m seeing some people are hearing back 1-2 months later. I am not sure if my references were contacted as they were from my last job which I left not to long ago to pursue another career. Is it best to inquire through provincial or national recruiting?
Thank you in advance ?

Prairieplp
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 5:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Prairieplp » Thu May 12, 2022 12:54 pm

sebastianw wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:24 am
Hey everyone,
I had my interview at the beginning of February and since then I have not heard back at all. Is this normal? I’m seeing some people are hearing back 1-2 months later. I am not sure if my references were contacted as they were from my last job which I left not to long ago to pursue another career. Is it best to inquire through provincial or national recruiting?
Thank you in advance ?
I had my interview on May 03, my references were contacted on May 04. On May 09 I was sent a Covid-19 declaration via email. Did you recieve that email from them?

User avatar
EdMaxCO
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby EdMaxCO » Fri May 13, 2022 10:55 am

ocularfuse wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:25 pm
legionnaire007 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:26 am
Hello everyone,

does anyone have details on the current working situation at the Edmonton max institution, please? PM is okay, too.

I'm torn between two spots so it'd be very helpful in making a final decision.

Thanks a lot
EdMax is a great place to work. Don't believe what you read in the papers. It had issues a while back but those were isolated and do not reflect on the institution as a whole. It does have its pros and cons though.

It depends on you. Your personality, how you deal with stress and level of risk.
Edmonton Max has over 80 officers off work on WCB the vast majority for PTSD.
2008-2010 - CPO Calgary Correctional Center
2010-2011 - CX-01 Drumheller Institution
2011-2021 - CX-01 Edmonton Institution

User avatar
Z42A
Veteran Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Summerside, PEI
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Z42A » Fri May 13, 2022 9:41 pm

Add another 52 new correctional officers into the fold, reporting to institutions across the country.
Congratulations CTP PEI10 and PEI11. Stay safe.
Matt Chinn, CD
Sergeant Major, Prairie Region Guard of Honour
Staff Training Officer (CX3)
CSC National Satellite Training Academy
Correctional Service of Canada | Government of Canada
matthew.chinn@csc-scc.gc.ca

Virtus autem per scientiam.

YongGan
Rookie Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby YongGan » Sat May 14, 2022 12:08 am

Z42A wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:41 pm
Add another 52 new correctional officers into the fold, reporting to institutions across the country.
Congratulations CTP PEI10 and PEI11. Stay safe.
Wow.congratulations!

Palimis
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Palimis » Sun May 15, 2022 12:04 pm

Congrats guys hope to join ya soon
CSC App: Mar/21
SJT: Sept/21
PHONE INT: Jan/22
FINGER PRINT: Jan/22
CTP1 SENT: Feb/22
CTP1 COMP: Mar/22
MEDICAL: Mar/22
PSYCH EVAL: Mar/22
PSYCH INT: Mar/22
SECURITY INT: Mar/22
CTP 2/3 INVITE- TBD


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Gizzmo980, SemrushBot, THEGUY98 and 4 guests