Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
ygu31
Veteran Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby ygu31 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:40 pm

Kharlvp wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:42 pm
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I was not able to pass my Interview. I was a little nervous as the opportunity was overwhelming. I wasn’t nervous about the situations but I was about just getting the job and it’s what got me. I was stuttering and could not think clearer. Doesn’t mean I can’t apply again. Does any know when I can apply again? I can’t give this up. Any tips for future interviews?
I heard people said there was an 180 days waiting period before you can re-apply. However, in a previous post, the staff trainer Matthew Chinn also mentioned, "Confirmed with recruiting:
There is no minimum time before you can reapply after failing the interview.
There is a set time frame for re-application if you fail the psyche evaluation or SJT."
(you can check his original post dated on May 3rd)


Good luck if you decided to re-apply. It is a good career and I truly enjoy it.
My opinions expressed here are solely my personal opinions and do not represent the Correctional Service of Canada or any other Government of Canada agencies.

MB CO 2013-2018
ON CO 2018-2019
Federal CO (Acting CX2) 2019-Present
CSC Ceremonial Guard

sebastianw
Rookie Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby sebastianw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm

Hey everyone,
Just wondering if there is any Ontario applicants currently in the process? I’m just curious to compare time lines. I applied in August and complete the questionnaire a week later but since then it’s been quiet.

Prairie Applicant 88
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Prairie Applicant 88 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:48 am

Wrote my third SJT and just barely failed again. It appears I may just not be suited for the CSC.
Applied: 02/06/2019
Test Invite: 04/24/2019
SJT Test: 05/03/2019
SJT Results: 10/01/2019 Failed (Emailed recruiting for results)

Applied: 01/13/2020
SJT Test 11/02/2021 (Failed)

Applied: 05/06/2021
SJT Test 05/10/2021 (Failed)

mtturnbu
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby mtturnbu » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 am

sebastianw wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if there is any Ontario applicants currently in the process? I’m just curious to compare time lines. I applied in August and complete the questionnaire a week later but since then it’s been quiet.

I'm an Ontario applicant. Be patient, the process is not quick for most.
CSC
PAL: 6/18
Applied: 1/20
Exam: 3/21
Interview/References: 7/21
Fingerprints: 8/21
Security Screening: 8/21
Medical: 8/21
CTP 1 Invite: 8/21
Psych Test: 9/21
CTP 1 Completed: 9/21
Psych Interview: 9/21
Security Interview: TBD
CTP 2/3: TBD

Dshizzle
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Dshizzle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:11 pm

Prairie Applicant 88 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:48 am
Wrote my third SJT and just barely failed again. It appears I may just not be suited for the CSC.
Sorry to hear that. As a fellow applicant, I can only imagine how discouraging it would be. The SJT can be tricky and difficult and the fact that you can't really prepare for it can be even more frustrating. Because you "barely failed" the test, it tells me that all you need is the last bit of click. My tip is to try researching CSC or try talking to someone who is in corrections to learn more about the job. At least this is what helped me.

Good luck even if you don't choose to re-apply.

TheSlav
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby TheSlav » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:34 pm

Kharlvp wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:42 pm
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I was not able to pass my Interview. I was a little nervous as the opportunity was overwhelming. I wasn’t nervous about the situations but I was about just getting the job and it’s what got me. I was stuttering and could not think clearer. Doesn’t mean I can’t apply again. Does any know when I can apply again? I can’t give this up. Any tips for future interviews?
Was this your regular interview or psychological interview?
Prairie Applicant 88 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:48 am
Wrote my third SJT and just barely failed again. It appears I may just not be suited for the CSC.
Wait, what does “barely failed” mean? Did they notify you via email that you passed or?

Also, a question of my own if I may. For the medical assessment component of the stage, it asks for medication. Has anyone be contacted by Health Canada to expand on any of their given information?

emurray
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby emurray » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Received an invitation to CTP (PEI-12) today for a position at Drumheller! :alright:
CX-01
Application: 4-2-21
Online Questionnaire: 4-7-21
SJT: 5-11-21
Interview: 6-22-21
TBS 330-23 & Fingerprint: 7-2-21
MMPI-2/16PF: 7-12-21
Medical: 7-22-21
CTP1: 7-19-21
Psych Interview: 7-27-21
CTP1: Completed: 8-14-21
SOI: 10-20-21

Luskie
Regular Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Luskie » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:53 pm

emurray wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Received an invitation to CTP (PEI-12) today for a position at Drumheller! :alright:
Solicitation of interest or Conditional offer of employment?

And what's the start date?
Federal Corrections
Application: 7/2019
SJT: 7/2019
Interview: 11/2019
References: 12/2019
Fingerprints: 12/2019
CTP-1: 12/2019
Medical & audiogram: 1/2020
MMPI-2, 16PF & Interview: 6/2020
Security Questionnaire: 9/2020
Repeat CTP-1: 6/2021
CTP-2 9/2021
CTP-3: 9/2021

emurray
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby emurray » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:01 pm

Luskie wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:53 pm
emurray wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Received an invitation to CTP (PEI-12) today for a position at Drumheller! :alright:
Solicitation of interest or Conditional offer of employment?

And what's the start date?
Solicit interest.. The training start date is in January.
CX-01
Application: 4-2-21
Online Questionnaire: 4-7-21
SJT: 5-11-21
Interview: 6-22-21
TBS 330-23 & Fingerprint: 7-2-21
MMPI-2/16PF: 7-12-21
Medical: 7-22-21
CTP1: 7-19-21
Psych Interview: 7-27-21
CTP1: Completed: 8-14-21
SOI: 10-20-21

postnet
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby postnet » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am

emurray wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Received an invitation to CTP (PEI-12) today for a position at Drumheller! :alright:
Just got mine as well!

TheSlav
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby TheSlav » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:36 pm

postnet wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am
emurray wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Received an invitation to CTP (PEI-12) today for a position at Drumheller! :alright:
Just got mine as well!
I got offered Grand Cache institution, I really would have loved working in Edmonton/Drumheller or even Innisfail.

I’m curious, if I decline Grand Cache. Am I most likely to not be offered another location until later?

Anyone here work in Grand Cache that can comment on the location?

Last question, how long do you have to be at a facility before a transfer to another institution is allowed?

Dshizzle
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:38 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Dshizzle » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:55 pm

I just received a solicitation of interest for CTP 2 & 3 which I immediately signed and sent.

Does this mean that my Security Clearance and Psych interview are complete? Because I haven't heard back from them regarding the results.
And does anyone know when do applicants usually receive the Conditional Letter of Offer? Is it before CTP? or after the successful completion of CTP?

Bman86
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Bman86 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:09 pm

Looks like things are moving along again now.
This is good news!
PRAIRE REGION (Central Alberta)
SJT : 8 FEB 2021
PHONE INTERVIEW : 09 MAR
TBS 330-23 : 30 MAR
FINGER PRINT REQUEST- 12 APRIL
CTP1 INVITE - 15 JUNE
CTP1 COMPLETED - 28 JUNE
MEDICAL - 3 AUG
PSYCH EVAL - 13 AUG
CTP 2/3 INVITE- 1 NOV

NewfoundlandGuy709
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby NewfoundlandGuy709 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Just received my invite/solicitation of interest for CTP 2/3! Anyone have any information about Atlantic Institution in Renous (work schedule, workplace satisfaction, anything at all really)?

User avatar
EdMaxCO
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby EdMaxCO » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 pm

TheSlav wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:36 pm
postnet wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am
emurray wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Received an invitation to CTP (PEI-12) today for a position at Drumheller! :alright:
Just got mine as well!
I got offered Grand Cache institution, I really would have loved working in Edmonton/Drumheller or even Innisfail.

I’m curious, if I decline Grand Cache. Am I most likely to not be offered another location until later?

Anyone here work in Grand Cache that can comment on the location?

Last question, how long do you have to be at a facility before a transfer to another institution is allowed?
Declining is never a good idea. You might not be offered a different institution for quite sometime. Grande Cache is a very quiet medium security institution. The wait time is now 3 years at your home institution before you can put in for a deployment to a different institution.
2008-2010 - CPO Calgary Correctional Center
2010-2011 - CX-01 Drumheller Institution
2011-2021 - CX-01 Edmonton Institution


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ravigill35, SemrushBot, Thegoldrush and 21 guests