OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
DLEO
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby DLEO » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:14 am

pete5240 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:31 am
For those who have made it to the background stage, I was wondering if you are notified of when the background investigation begins. I want to remind my references about the process and to possibly expect an officer to contact them but I am unsure if I should wait until I am notified of the background being conducted so that I can provide a more accurate timeline. Also has anyone heard of any results for a recent psych test? I had my test well over a month ago and have not received any more contact. I have heard that during this process, no news is usually good news so I guess I shouldn’t be too concerned.
Congratulations on making it to the psych testing. You don't get the results of the testing but you'll know you are moving forward when your background investigator contacts you to let you know his or her process. Until then try to be patient and keep your fitness up.
OPP:
Applied & File #: 15 APR 2021
Shuttle video: 09 MAY
PHF/PBQ: 12 MAY
LFI: 02 JUN
Psych Test: 24 JUN
Measurements/Med/Fingerprints: 06 JUL
BGI Start: 06JUL
Home Int: 12 JUL
Shuttle video: 21 JUL
Psych Int: 11 AUG
Offer: 19 AUG

sjev
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby sjev » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:49 pm

yurilemes wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:32 pm
Well, think about it this way: if you don't apply, you have 100% chance of not succeding. 😁
If this is something you really want, it should not matter. You only need 1 spot.
sjev wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:09 am
Out of curiosity, is there any stats on the applicant? ie: how many applied, how many make it threw each stage etc?? i am curious how many make it past the LFI stage.
I am in the background stage... I did apply lol...just curious.

yurilemes
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 30, 2021 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby yurilemes » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:49 am

sjev wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:49 pm
yurilemes wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:32 pm
Well, think about it this way: if you don't apply, you have 100% chance of not succeding. 😁
If this is something you really want, it should not matter. You only need 1 spot.
sjev wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:09 am
Out of curiosity, is there any stats on the applicant? ie: how many applied, how many make it threw each stage etc?? i am curious how many make it past the LFI stage.
I am in the background stage... I did apply lol...just curious.
There you go!!!!!!! Just do your part and let rest unfold. Maybe if you knew the exact numbers you would have been discouraged and not applied lol. Keep it up!!!! 🤜🤛
App: 23 Apr 2021
File: 25 Apr
Shut. Sub: 31 May
Pre Int. Forms: 04 Jun
LFI: 21 Jun
LFI Res: 30 Jun
Psych Test: 06 Jul
BGI / Meas. / Med. / Prints: 06 Jul
Home Int.: 13 Jul
Shut Update Sub: 20 Jul
Prints retaken: 18 Aug
SIGMA: 28 Oct

pete5240
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:42 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby pete5240 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 am

For those who have completed the background investigation including the financial portion, when submitting your electing statements for credit cards were you able to combine them into one file or did every month have its own file? Right now I have to submit a file with each statement in it as it won’t let me combine each month into one PDF.
App Sent: June 1
File #: June 2
Shuttle Run Submitted: June 16
Pre Interview Forms: June 17
LFI: July 15
LFI Results: August 3
Psych Test: August 28
BGI / Meas. / Med. / Prints: Oct 13
BGI Start: Oct 13

DLEO
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby DLEO » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 am

pete5240 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 am
For those who have completed the background investigation including the financial portion, when submitting your electing statements for credit cards were you able to combine them into one file or did every month have its own file? Right now I have to submit a file with each statement in it as it won’t let me combine each month into one PDF.
Mine were submitted as separate files. It was a lot of attachments so I sent them in a few emails. Congrats on getting to this point.
OPP:
Applied & File #: 15 APR 2021
Shuttle video: 09 MAY
PHF/PBQ: 12 MAY
LFI: 02 JUN
Psych Test: 24 JUN
Measurements/Med/Fingerprints: 06 JUL
BGI Start: 06JUL
Home Int: 12 JUL
Shuttle video: 21 JUL
Psych Int: 11 AUG
Offer: 19 AUG

pete5240
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:42 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby pete5240 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 am

DLEO wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 am
pete5240 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 am
For those who have completed the background investigation including the financial portion, when submitting your electing statements for credit cards were you able to combine them into one file or did every month have its own file? Right now I have to submit a file with each statement in it as it won’t let me combine each month into one PDF.
Mine were submitted as separate files. It was a lot of attachments so I sent them in a few emails. Congrats on getting to this point.
Ok awesome! I was trying to make it as easy as possible for the investigator to read but it’s good to know that others had to do the same thing. Thank you for the encouragement, getting the email for the next stage after so much waiting definitely added a little jump in my step today.
App Sent: June 1
File #: June 2
Shuttle Run Submitted: June 16
Pre Interview Forms: June 17
LFI: July 15
LFI Results: August 3
Psych Test: August 28
BGI / Meas. / Med. / Prints: Oct 13
BGI Start: Oct 13

DLEO
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby DLEO » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:31 am

pete5240 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 am
DLEO wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 am
pete5240 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 am
For those who have completed the background investigation including the financial portion, when submitting your electing statements for credit cards were you able to combine them into one file or did every month have its own file? Right now I have to submit a file with each statement in it as it won’t let me combine each month into one PDF.
Mine were submitted as separate files. It was a lot of attachments so I sent them in a few emails. Congrats on getting to this point.
Ok awesome! I was trying to make it as easy as possible for the investigator to read but it’s good to know that others had to do the same thing. Thank you for the encouragement, getting the email for the next stage after so much waiting definitely added a little jump in my step today.
Despite the waiting which is challenging you are at a good place in the process. Keep up your fitness and running in the coming weeks!
OPP:
Applied & File #: 15 APR 2021
Shuttle video: 09 MAY
PHF/PBQ: 12 MAY
LFI: 02 JUN
Psych Test: 24 JUN
Measurements/Med/Fingerprints: 06 JUL
BGI Start: 06JUL
Home Int: 12 JUL
Shuttle video: 21 JUL
Psych Int: 11 AUG
Offer: 19 AUG

pete5240
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:42 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby pete5240 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 am

DLEO wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:31 am
pete5240 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 am
DLEO wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 am


Mine were submitted as separate files. It was a lot of attachments so I sent them in a few emails. Congrats on getting to this point.
Ok awesome! I was trying to make it as easy as possible for the investigator to read but it’s good to know that others had to do the same thing. Thank you for the encouragement, getting the email for the next stage after so much waiting definitely added a little jump in my step today.
Despite the waiting which is challenging you are at a good place in the process. Keep up your fitness and running in the coming weeks!
Absolutely, thats now the main goal to continue and focus on.
App Sent: June 1
File #: June 2
Shuttle Run Submitted: June 16
Pre Interview Forms: June 17
LFI: July 15
LFI Results: August 3
Psych Test: August 28
BGI / Meas. / Med. / Prints: Oct 13
BGI Start: Oct 13

yurilemes
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 30, 2021 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby yurilemes » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:33 am

pete5240 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 am
DLEO wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:31 am
pete5240 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 am


Ok awesome! I was trying to make it as easy as possible for the investigator to read but it’s good to know that others had to do the same thing. Thank you for the encouragement, getting the email for the next stage after so much waiting definitely added a little jump in my step today.
Despite the waiting which is challenging you are at a good place in the process. Keep up your fitness and running in the coming weeks!
Absolutely, thats now the main goal to continue and focus on.
I ended merging all the similar files by subject. You can do this, if you want, using a few online tools. I used ilovepdf. It can do pretty much anything and it's free.
And, of course, congrats for getting to this point!!!!!!!!!
App: 23 Apr 2021
File: 25 Apr
Shut. Sub: 31 May
Pre Int. Forms: 04 Jun
LFI: 21 Jun
LFI Res: 30 Jun
Psych Test: 06 Jul
BGI / Meas. / Med. / Prints: 06 Jul
Home Int.: 13 Jul
Shut Update Sub: 20 Jul
Prints retaken: 18 Aug
SIGMA: 28 Oct

yurilemes
Rookie Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 30, 2021 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby yurilemes » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:46 am

pete5240 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:31 am
For those who have made it to the background stage, I was wondering if you are notified of when the background investigation begins. I want to remind my references about the process and to possibly expect an officer to contact them but I am unsure if I should wait until I am notified of the background being conducted so that I can provide a more accurate timeline. Also has anyone heard of any results for a recent psych test? I had my test well over a month ago and have not received any more contact. I have heard that during this process, no news is usually good news so I guess I shouldn’t be too concerned.
Yes, you will be notified. OPP will assign an investigator to your process and he/she will contact you with instructions on the next steps.

As for the test, all I can say is that if you haven't been deferred, keep doing your best.
No news = good news.
App: 23 Apr 2021
File: 25 Apr
Shut. Sub: 31 May
Pre Int. Forms: 04 Jun
LFI: 21 Jun
LFI Res: 30 Jun
Psych Test: 06 Jul
BGI / Meas. / Med. / Prints: 06 Jul
Home Int.: 13 Jul
Shut Update Sub: 20 Jul
Prints retaken: 18 Aug
SIGMA: 28 Oct

stribor45
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby stribor45 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi everyone,

How much time is given from received email to shuttle run video upload submission?

Thanks

DLEO
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:29 pm
Contact:

Re: OPP Applicant Updates Thread

Postby DLEO » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:03 pm

stribor45 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:00 pm
Hi everyone,

How much time is given from received email to shuttle run video upload submission?

Thanks
2 weeks
OPP:
Applied & File #: 15 APR 2021
Shuttle video: 09 MAY
PHF/PBQ: 12 MAY
LFI: 02 JUN
Psych Test: 24 JUN
Measurements/Med/Fingerprints: 06 JUL
BGI Start: 06JUL
Home Int: 12 JUL
Shuttle video: 21 JUL
Psych Int: 11 AUG
Offer: 19 AUG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot and 7 guests