GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
chmor
Rookie Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:33 pm
Location: NCR
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby chmor » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:43 pm

CanBr19 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 am
Vaccination is mandatory, I assume ?
I would say yes since all federal employees are required to be vaccinated by 30 October with some extensions for people up to two weeks later.

CanBr19
Rookie Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 pm

chmor wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:43 pm
CanBr19 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 am
Vaccination is mandatory, I assume ?
I would say yes since all federal employees are required to be vaccinated by 30 October with some extensions for people up to two weeks later.
I noticed a few comments under CBSA posts where people were unhappy about the mandate, so I assume now this is one of the requirements of the job (and to get admission in training).

raasan
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:30 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby raasan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:34 am

CanBr19 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 am
raasan wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:10 pm
veteran9750 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:44 am

What are the dates?
Phase 1 - Nov 15 2021 - Dec 17 2021
Phase 2 - Jan 3 2022 - March 25 2022
Vaccination is mandatory, I assume ?
Yes, vaccination is mandatory
Applied: September 2018
OTEE: October 2018
Interview: December 2018
Psych Evaluation: January 2019
Medical Evaluation: April 2019
Security papers: May 2019
Security Clearance: October 2019
PARE: Feb 2020
OITP: Nov 2021
Rigaud: Jan 2022

CanBr19
Rookie Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:41 pm

raasan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:34 am
CanBr19 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 am
raasan wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:10 pm


Phase 1 - Nov 15 2021 - Dec 17 2021
Phase 2 - Jan 3 2022 - March 25 2022
Vaccination is mandatory, I assume ?
Yes, vaccination is mandatory
Thx !

Good luck ahead !

raasan
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:30 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby raasan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:56 pm

CanBr19 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:41 pm
raasan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:34 am
CanBr19 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 am


Vaccination is mandatory, I assume ?
Yes, vaccination is mandatory
Thx !

Good luck ahead !
Thank you so much!
Applied: September 2018
OTEE: October 2018
Interview: December 2018
Psych Evaluation: January 2019
Medical Evaluation: April 2019
Security papers: May 2019
Security Clearance: October 2019
PARE: Feb 2020
OITP: Nov 2021
Rigaud: Jan 2022

derek.eves22
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby derek.eves22 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:33 am

Congratulations to those that received invites to the next intake! Good work and Good luck for you're futures.
Applied - March 2021
OTEE - March 2021
CFSC/CRFSC - Completed and Current since 2009
Interview - Aug 2021
Interview Results - Passed Sept 2021
Psych - TBD
MMPI - TBD
Security: TBD
Medical: TBD
PARE: TBD

raasan
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:30 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby raasan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:01 am

Hi everyone! Here’s the link for 17C. If you received an invite and would like to join, feel free!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HQAP8eeAjhT8TeYyWzRnLI
Applied: September 2018
OTEE: October 2018
Interview: December 2018
Psych Evaluation: January 2019
Medical Evaluation: April 2019
Security papers: May 2019
Security Clearance: October 2019
PARE: Feb 2020
OITP: Nov 2021
Rigaud: Jan 2022

JayKay
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JayKay » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 am

I would like to say that getting to the very end of the process just to wait and have to redo steps is a crappy situation but I knew it was inevitable being on the low end of the equity scale but to get an email that basically says you NEED to be vaccinated well in advance; but we will only give you a date that won't give you enough time to comply.

I told myself if I 100% had to get the vaccine for the job i would (sad I'm willing to give up for the sake of money $$) but not as some twisted roadblock in the middle of the application with ZERO assurances I would even get the job; hell I was so confident that I haven't even tried to get reimbursed for going the public route for the medical at my expense but I may need to do that now just to put gas in the tank.

My current employer doesn't require the vaccine and I'm with Canada Post.

Good-luck to everyone in the process; nothing is more permanent then a temporary mandate (income tax for example).

Before people judge me, I have a B.Sc in Biology so my choices are at least backed by logic and reasoning and not conspiracy/insanity.

Just got this NICE email:

**PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN ITS ENTIRETY AND REPLY TO THIS EMAIL TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE.**

SPECIAL NOTE: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required to enter the venue. See more information under the venue address that is listed in the body of this email.

Hello,

As you may know, it is required that you undertake a psychological evaluation in order to determine your suitability for arming for employment with CBSA.

The evaluation is made up of two components. Part one is the testing component which consists of two written psychological inventories. Part two is a one on one interview with a psychologist which will occur at a later date.

The testing component will consist of the MMPI-2RF and 16PF and will require approximately 2-4 hours. The testing portion of your evaluation is scheduled for

Date: Thursday, November 4th, 2021

Time: 9:00 am sharp (Please arrive 15 minutes prior to testing to check in with hotel staff)

Location: ------

SPECIAL NOTE: This meeting room venue has a policy in accordance with public health mandates that every person entering the premises must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination along with valid government-issued photo ID to the hotel staff before entry to the testing session meeting room will be permitted. “Fully vaccinated” refers to a person who has their first and second dose of a COVID-19 approved vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, in any combination) and has had their second dose of the vaccine more than 14 days before the testing date. If you are not able to provide this proof, you will be unable to attend the testing session at this time.

It is not required that you bring any materials to this assessment nor is any test preparation required. Please note that beverages will not be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages if you wish. Dress code is business casual. You are required to present a piece of government issued photo ID before you are given any test materials.

The written portion of the evaluation can be conducted in both English and French. However, this session will be led by an English-speaking proctor. Please advise us of your language preference when you email your confirmation of attendance and if you are more comfortable being evaluated in French, please confirm if you are comfortable with and English-speaking proctor. If you are more comfortable with a French-speaking proctor, and French writing materials, I will refer you to one of my colleagues.

Please note that we are not able to offer alternative dates without approval from CBSA. As such please see the CBSA Confirmation of Participation Policy below:

Confirmation of Participation:

It is your responsibility to make yourself available for this assessment. Please note that if you do not attend the assessment at the scheduled date and time without a valid reason, you will no longer be considered for this process. Requests for an alternate date will only be considered for one of the following reasons:

• Religious obligations;
• Death in the immediate family;
• Planned vacation with costs already incurred; or,
• Medical reason with doctor’s certificate.

A medical certificate or other proof will need to be provided for these noted reasons. If you require an alternate assessment date for one of the above-mentioned reasons, please advise CBSA immediately at the following email address: National-Recruitment_recrutement-national@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca . In the subject line of your email, please indicate the following: “Alternate Date Required.” Please note that only one alternate assessment date will be set.

With concerns due to COVID-19, you must confirm the following as a response to this email:

have not travelled out of country recently
are not experiencing any cold/flu like symptoms such as fever, cough
have not been in close contact with anyone who has travelled recently or experienced above symptoms
comfortable testing in person at this time (distancing measures and sanitization will be in place at testing location)

JayKay
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JayKay » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:27 am

chmor wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:43 pm
CanBr19 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 am
Vaccination is mandatory, I assume ?
I would say yes since all federal employees are required to be vaccinated by 30 October with some extensions for people up to two weeks later.
Just want to say I work for Canada Post and t I've been accommodated and so have many others on the simple principle that you should have control over your body; I just wonder if other government entities have similar policies in place without anyone knowing.

Oli123
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Oli123 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:34 am

JayKay wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 am
I would like to say that getting to the very end of the process just to wait and have to redo steps is a crappy situation but I knew it was inevitable being on the low end of the equity scale but to get an email that basically says you NEED to be vaccinated well in advance; but we will only give you a date that won't give you enough time to comply.

I told myself if I 100% had to get the vaccine for the job i would (sad I'm willing to give up for the sake of money $$) but not as some twisted roadblock in the middle of the application with ZERO assurances I would even get the job; hell I was so confident that I haven't even tried to get reimbursed for going the public route for the medical at my expense but I may need to do that now just to put gas in the tank.

My current employer doesn't require the vaccine and I'm with Canada Post.

Good-luck to everyone in the process; nothing is more permanent then a temporary mandate (income tax for example).

Before people judge me, I have a B.Sc in Biology so my choices are at least backed by logic and reasoning and not conspiracy/insanity.

Just got this NICE email:

**PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN ITS ENTIRETY AND REPLY TO THIS EMAIL TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE.**

SPECIAL NOTE: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required to enter the venue. See more information under the venue address that is listed in the body of this email.

Hello,

As you may know, it is required that you undertake a psychological evaluation in order to determine your suitability for arming for employment with CBSA.

The evaluation is made up of two components. Part one is the testing component which consists of two written psychological inventories. Part two is a one on one interview with a psychologist which will occur at a later date.

The testing component will consist of the MMPI-2RF and 16PF and will require approximately 2-4 hours. The testing portion of your evaluation is scheduled for

Date: Thursday, November 4th, 2021

Time: 9:00 am sharp (Please arrive 15 minutes prior to testing to check in with hotel staff)

Location: ------

SPECIAL NOTE: This meeting room venue has a policy in accordance with public health mandates that every person entering the premises must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination along with valid government-issued photo ID to the hotel staff before entry to the testing session meeting room will be permitted. “Fully vaccinated” refers to a person who has their first and second dose of a COVID-19 approved vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, in any combination) and has had their second dose of the vaccine more than 14 days before the testing date. If you are not able to provide this proof, you will be unable to attend the testing session at this time.

It is not required that you bring any materials to this assessment nor is any test preparation required. Please note that beverages will not be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages if you wish. Dress code is business casual. You are required to present a piece of government issued photo ID before you are given any test materials.

The written portion of the evaluation can be conducted in both English and French. However, this session will be led by an English-speaking proctor. Please advise us of your language preference when you email your confirmation of attendance and if you are more comfortable being evaluated in French, please confirm if you are comfortable with and English-speaking proctor. If you are more comfortable with a French-speaking proctor, and French writing materials, I will refer you to one of my colleagues.

Please note that we are not able to offer alternative dates without approval from CBSA. As such please see the CBSA Confirmation of Participation Policy below:

Confirmation of Participation:

It is your responsibility to make yourself available for this assessment. Please note that if you do not attend the assessment at the scheduled date and time without a valid reason, you will no longer be considered for this process. Requests for an alternate date will only be considered for one of the following reasons:

• Religious obligations;
• Death in the immediate family;
• Planned vacation with costs already incurred; or,
• Medical reason with doctor’s certificate.

A medical certificate or other proof will need to be provided for these noted reasons. If you require an alternate assessment date for one of the above-mentioned reasons, please advise CBSA immediately at the following email address: National-Recruitment_recrutement-national@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca . In the subject line of your email, please indicate the following: “Alternate Date Required.” Please note that only one alternate assessment date will be set.

With concerns due to COVID-19, you must confirm the following as a response to this email:

have not travelled out of country recently
are not experiencing any cold/flu like symptoms such as fever, cough
have not been in close contact with anyone who has travelled recently or experienced above symptoms
comfortable testing in person at this time (distancing measures and sanitization will be in place at testing location)
I've been waiting for my Psych assessment also!! Glad to see you got your email, at least I know they are actively scheduling dates..been waiting since august or so. Hope I get it soon as I'm only missing my psych eval and my physical!

Jumb34t
Regular Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Jumb34t » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:03 am

JayKay wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 am
I would like to say that getting to the very end of the process just to wait and have to redo steps is a crappy situation but I knew it was inevitable being on the low end of the equity scale but to get an email that basically says you NEED to be vaccinated well in advance; but we will only give you a date that won't give you enough time to comply.

I told myself if I 100% had to get the vaccine for the job i would (sad I'm willing to give up for the sake of money $$) but not as some twisted roadblock in the middle of the application with ZERO assurances I would even get the job; hell I was so confident that I haven't even tried to get reimbursed for going the public route for the medical at my expense but I may need to do that now just to put gas in the tank.

My current employer doesn't require the vaccine and I'm with Canada Post.

Good-luck to everyone in the process; nothing is more permanent then a temporary mandate (income tax for example).

Before people judge me, I have a B.Sc in Biology so my choices are at least backed by logic and reasoning and not conspiracy/insanity.

Just got this NICE email:

.......

SPECIAL NOTE: This meeting room venue has a policy in accordance with public health mandates that every person entering the premises must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination along with valid government-issued photo ID to the hotel staff before entry to the testing session meeting room will be permitted. “Fully vaccinated” refers to a person who has their first and second dose of a COVID-19 approved vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, in any combination) and has had their second dose of the vaccine more than 14 days before the testing date. If you are not able to provide this proof, you will be unable to attend the testing session at this time.

.......
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I totally understand it sucks. I also got my Psych invitation e-mail earlier this week and when I read that portion of it, I knew some applicants were going to be forced into a situation like this. I did noticed the highlighted portion and thought 'at least maybe if they're not able to go because they're not vaccinated, they won't get kicked out of the process'. I'm hoping they'll give you a choice whether you can get it asap or stay in the process until that no longer is a requirement.
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep/18
OTEE: Oct/18 77.5%
Interview: Apr/19
PARE: Aug/19
Psych Eval: Oct/19
Psych Interview: Nov/19
Sec Doc sent: Jan/20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar/20
Med Eval/Clearance: June/20
Sec Interview/Clearance: July/20
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

blueyellow
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby blueyellow » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:21 am

I have seen that a lot of people applied for CBSA in September. I have been looking opening and I haven’t seen on Government of Canada website. Can you please advise me where you guys apply from if I would like to apply?

JayKay
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 am
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby JayKay » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:23 pm

[/quote]

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I totally understand it sucks. I also got my Psych invitation e-mail earlier this week and when I read that portion of it, I knew some applicants were going to be forced into a situation like this. I did noticed the highlighted portion and thought 'at least maybe if they're not able to go because they're not vaccinated, they won't get kicked out of the process'. I'm hoping they'll give you a choice whether you can get it asap or stay in the process until that no longer is a requirement.
[/quote]

I was more concerned with this part "“Alternate Date Required.” Please note that only one alternate assessment date will be set."

But thankfully the recruitment team are on the ball and they got back to me today and said they will arrange something virtually; hopefully it happens and the choice will be on me as a condition of employment and not to venture into a specific venue with no assurances.

I also have an application on the final stages with the CAF and they just let me know that it is a requirement of employment but it's not required for the process which is how it should be here and seems like it still is by the email I got.

Thank you for the kind words btw :)

Raphael
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:37 pm
Contact:

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Raphael » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:49 pm

blueyellow wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:21 am
I have seen that a lot of people applied for CBSA in September. I have been looking opening and I haven’t seen on Government of Canada website. Can you please advise me where you guys apply from if I would like to apply?
That's for SBSO (Students)
OTEE: May 29, 2021 Passed
ESL: June 4, 2021 Submitted
Documents submitted and confirmed: June 23, 2021
Interview: August 20, 2021 Passed

CanBr19
Rookie Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby CanBr19 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:42 pm

Guys, stop complaining and if you do not meet the requirements, move aside, there's plenty of candidates that will meet them ;)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Laurentian2011, SemrushBot and 11 guests