RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Redbox19
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Redbox19 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:28 am

I was contacted today that I am starting medical and was told to schedule an appointment. What would you fine people recommend me wear. I feel that a suit would be overkill but if thats whats advised ill do it. Also what does the medical consist of? I read on here they take alot of blood so I dont want to book it on a day I have work after.

Also just for clarification. Is the SC process different then the Field Investigation process? I was told im in field investigation a while ago and I submitted fingerprints and they contacted all my references via email. Is this SC or is FI different?

Thanks for the help and good luck!

SandiestHarbor
Rookie Member

Postby SandiestHarbor » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:47 am

Redbox19 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:28 am
I was contacted today that I am starting medical and was told to schedule an appointment. What would you fine people recommend me wear. I feel that a suit would be overkill but if thats whats advised ill do it. Also what does the medical consist of? I read on here they take alot of blood so I dont want to book it on a day I have work after.

Also just for clarification. Is the SC process different then the Field Investigation process? I was told im in field investigation a while ago and I submitted fingerprints and they contacted all my references via email. Is this SC or is FI different?

Thanks for the help and good luck!
Hello,

Yes the SC is different from FI. SC typically starts the same day your MC arrives. For dress, wear a short sleeve dress shirt and dress pants or a nice polo if you have one. Business casual. I say short sleeve because they will take blood and then your blood pressure and stuff so it's just easier on the doctor.

Cheers,
ON Applicant
App: Oct/19
RPAB/RPAT: Nov/19
RMAQ: Jan/20
RFI: Jan/20
PEP: Feb/20
PEP Rec: Feb/20
Medical: Mar/20
Psych: Mar/20
Medical Rec: Nov/20
SC: Dec/20
Troop 6: 28 June 2021

scarecrow
Rookie Member

Postby scarecrow » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:42 pm

Redbox19 wrote:
I was contacted today that I am starting medical and was told to schedule an appointment. What would you fine people recommend me wear. I feel that a suit would be overkill but if thats whats advised ill do it.
You should wear a tux. ...Dress to impress !.. Are you kidding me?.. You going for a medical not on a hot date with the Dr. or the nurse. Just show up in cloths. The dr. doesn't care how well you dress......

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sat May 01, 2021 10:42 am

scarecrow wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:42 pm
Redbox19 wrote:
I was contacted today that I am starting medical and was told to schedule an appointment. What would you fine people recommend me wear. I feel that a suit would be overkill but if thats whats advised ill do it.
You should wear a tux. ...Dress to impress !.. Are you kidding me?.. You going for a medical not on a hot date with the Dr. or the nurse. Just show up in cloths. The dr. doesn't care how well you dress......
I second this - unless you are having a face-to-face interview with the RCMP immediately before or after the Dr appointment, the Dr & their staff do NOT send an evaluation to the RCMP about your dress; just be reasonably dressed (no 'kini or similar), healthy, clean, and non-odiferous, and you will be fine.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband (8*+), Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

Slovak4188

Postby Slovak4188 » Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 pm

https://www.cbc.ca/.../politics/rcmp-e ... -1.6003416

What do you guys think of this? I feel like this is concerning and the underlying message is far more racist than the test itself (is it thought?).
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Serenity_now

Postby Serenity_now » Sat May 01, 2021 8:08 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 pm

What do you guys think of this? I feel like this is concerning and the underlying message is far more racist than the test itself (is it thought?).
Why not get rid of exams and standards altogether. Be super inclusive

Tornelco

Postby Tornelco » Sat May 01, 2021 10:45 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:

page isnt working for me. What's the gist of the article?
Correctional Peace Officer

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 am

Tornelco wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:45 pm
Slovak4188 wrote:

Gist of it is that the RPAB is not inclusive and they've hired a firm to review the test and propose changes to be more fair to a wider demographic.

Tornelco

Postby Tornelco » Sun May 02, 2021 4:07 am

oxlemar wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:18 am
Tornelco wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:45 pm

Gist of it is that the RPAB is not inclusive and they've hired a firm to review the test and propose changes to be more fair to a wider demographic.
"They've hired a firm"...
Would that firm happen to be WE Charity :pistols:

I kid, I kid! I hope the politics here isn't too strict.

I think this is just a case of affirmative action, which is way too controversial for my taste.
Correctional Peace Officer

MBSK
Rookie Member

A Day at Depot

Postby MBSK » Sun May 02, 2021 12:23 pm

Hey all,

Just curious what a typical day at DEPOT looks like right now with all the changes in place? Things like scheduling/drill/PT/chow etc..

SandiestHarbor
Rookie Member

Re: A Day at Depot

Postby SandiestHarbor » Tue May 04, 2021 10:01 am

MBSK wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:23 pm
Hey all,

Just curious what a typical day at DEPOT looks like right now with all the changes in place? Things like scheduling/drill/PT/chow etc..

I found this while searching some more info about depot routine. This the answer for the question: what’s life like at the RCMP depot ( answered by Norm Rozowski).
It will be great if current cadets/members can say if that is accurate.

depot life is regimental. You know each and every task assigned to you beforehand. Sometimes there are surprises but for the most part you know what's coming up and how to handle it if you plan well.

for example, one of my days at depot. Go to bed at 2200hrs, wake up at 0500 to get ready.

Lets say you're new to depot life and haven't earned your boots. You need to double time everywhere. And trust me it's not as easy as it sounds. Sing stayin’ alive at twice the pace. That's how fast you need to march in a jogging fashion in pace with everyone else while lugging each and every piece of gear you need for the day… That stuff weighs a lot!

Parade is at 0630 so you need to be outside barracks and ready by 0615, each and every single one of the 32 man troop has to be ready to go by then, otherwise you are 1 of 32 that's messing up everyone else’s routine and trust me you don't want to be that guy. It's a form up time where every person is accounted for. You cannot do a troop movement without the whole troop present, so if Jim overslept, you're all fucked till he comes downstairs and forms up. That includes, shower, shave, getting ready, making your bed and pit to perfect specifications to pass an inspection and ensuring that you've double checked everything you need for the day and have it with you.

After parade finishes… Let's say 0645, breakfast is at 0710…. Do you wait in line to get your breakfast on time or do you walk 3 min back to dorms to relax for a couple of minutes? Most choose to stick around in line.

the first class is at 0800. Let's say… It's an in class session where you sit and study law. You need to make sure that you finish breakfast by let's say… 0735hrs, that gives you time to collect your jacket, forage cap, piss etc before you form up with everyone outside the mess hall by 0745hrs.

The first class is a 1 hour class, you sit in a chair and study law. Muscles tense up… You finish at 0850hrs

the next class is a “defensive” tactics class where you do judo, boxing, takedowns etc. That starts at 0905 You have 15 minutes to make sure each and every one of the 32 members (who may be pissing, shitting, asking questions after class) forms up outside the building to form up to double time to the next class.

Cool everyones formed up? Now you need to march to the gym building. Once there everyone needs to ruuuush to the lockers to take off each and every single thing your wearing (duty belt, ves, keepers, shirt, pants, boots etc) and get on a judo gi. Once that's done all 32 of you need to be in the gym and do your warm up which is about 6–8 exercises of 12–20 reps…. This must be completed by 0905hrs, because that's when class starts. This class goes till 0955 Perfect all done?

next class starts at 1010, each member of the troop MUST shower and change back into their uniform and form up outside. Following that, everyone must double time as a group to the next class… More law.

that one is finished by 1100, after that it's time for a PT class yay! That one starts at 1125hrs, imagine the preparation for the last gym class except you're wearing shorts and a t shirt (also in your bag) time for an 8km run.

That class ends by 1150 and its lunch time!!! Don't forget to shower and change into your uniform.

That's just a part of it 😉
ON Applicant

TacoDog
Rookie Member

Postby TacoDog » Tue May 04, 2021 1:47 pm

Hey all. I applied the other day and got approved within 15 hours to take the entrance exams. Is this fast? Is that a good sign that they're interested in me? Or are applications being processed this quickly nowadays? Reading back I was expecting days to weeks.

Anyways really excited to be starting this process and starting to study up for the exam, does anybody have any tips for it they'd like to share? Thanks

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Tue May 04, 2021 9:47 pm

TacoDog wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:47 pm
Hey all. I applied the other day and got approved within 15 hours to take the entrance exams. Is this fast? Is that a good sign that they're interested in me? Or are applications being processed this quickly nowadays? Reading back I was expecting days to weeks.

Anyways really excited to be starting this process and starting to study up for the exam, does anybody have any tips for it they'd like to share? Thanks
Don't read into anything.
K division.

Highland2012

Postby Highland2012 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am curious if one is required be vaccinated prior to attending DEPOT? I'm scheduled for my shot this Saturday but I am genuinely wondering for my peers if it is a requirement as some people may not be willing for one reason or another.

Thanks in advance.
RCMP
July19 Re-Inserted
July19 Psy- Done
Aug19 Med Exam- Pass
Oct19 Psy Int- Pass
Nov19 Med - pass
Nov19 SC submitted
Dec19 SP submitted
Feb20 Phone Int- pass
Feb20 Rit Int- pass
Mar20 Poly- pass
May20 BG- pass
May21 SC resubmitted
SC in process
Troop:TBD

SandiestHarbor
Rookie Member

Postby SandiestHarbor » Wed May 05, 2021 2:25 pm

Highland2012 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:19 pm
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am curious if one is required be vaccinated prior to attending DEPOT? I'm scheduled for my shot this Saturday but I am genuinely wondering for my peers if it is a requirement as some people may not be willing for one reason or another.

Thanks in advance.

As of right now, you aren't required to be vaccinated as it's not widely available. I'm sure that'll change soon. You do isolate for 2 weeks upon arrival and it's Included in the 26 week program now. You just utilize a laptop and Microsoft teams for stuff.

I will be fully vaccinated by the time I arrive and I fully expect to me the Walmart errand runner lol.
ON Applicant