CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
SagarfromYEG
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby SagarfromYEG » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:27 pm

933088 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:05 pm
SagarfromYEG wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:24 pm
Anyone get word of what's happening with the CBSA hiring in the Ontario region since they just declared state of emergency?
I was thinking of emailing them, I just signed up for student housing too and the next day he announced the lockdown :((
I would still email them. I don't even know what to assume :(. I'm still hopefully

littlewill1166
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby littlewill1166 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 pm

nicesmallpolice wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 am
Congratulations to everyone who received an invitation to training, hopefully I will also recieve one in the coming days! :shock:
I got an invitation for uniform/training binder pickup today YYZ-Passenger.

c_cat
Rookie Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby c_cat » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 am

933088 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am
c_cat wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:15 am
Wondering if when everyone was conditionally offered, did they say you had to pass the training until you get an official offer? And are you guys also only being offered 1-2 days a week after the training?
Also on the letter it doesn't really say anything other than having in-person and virtual training so I guess it will be a mix
Oh you guys got a letter? I just got a phone call asking if i would accept being conditionally offered the position. They said its only 1-2 days a week of work not full time anymore.

nicesmallpolice
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby nicesmallpolice » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:15 pm

littlewill1166 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 pm
nicesmallpolice wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 am
Congratulations to everyone who received an invitation to training, hopefully I will also recieve one in the coming days! :shock:
I got an invitation for uniform/training binder pickup today YYZ-Passenger.
Shoot really? Did you hear anything about it prior?

I emailed them on the 2nd, they haven't responded so I emailed them again. Not too sure, but starting to get the vibe that I didn't make the final cut :?

Congratulations though! :alright:

littlewill1166
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby littlewill1166 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:35 pm

nicesmallpolice wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:15 pm
littlewill1166 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 pm
nicesmallpolice wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 am
Congratulations to everyone who received an invitation to training, hopefully I will also recieve one in the coming days! :shock:
I got an invitation for uniform/training binder pickup today YYZ-Passenger.
Shoot really? Did you hear anything about it prior?

I emailed them on the 2nd, they haven't responded so I emailed them again. Not too sure, but starting to get the vibe that I didn't make the final cut :?

Congratulations though! :alright:
I got an invitation for training on March 2. I had everything else done last year though.

nicesmallpolice
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby nicesmallpolice » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:37 pm

littlewill1166 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:35 pm
nicesmallpolice wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:15 pm
littlewill1166 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 pm


I got an invitation for uniform/training binder pickup today YYZ-Passenger.
Shoot really? Did you hear anything about it prior?

I emailed them on the 2nd, they haven't responded so I emailed them again. Not too sure, but starting to get the vibe that I didn't make the final cut :?

Congratulations though! :alright:
I got an invitation for training on March 2. I had everything else done last year though.
I see, last I heard was waiting on my Medical on March 3rd, its been a month and havnt heard anything about it so I emailed them, still nothing, Im still hopeful im just lower on the list to be contacted but its also the 8th now so 88)

littlewill1166
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby littlewill1166 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:01 pm

nicesmallpolice wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:37 pm
littlewill1166 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:35 pm
nicesmallpolice wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:15 pm


Shoot really? Did you hear anything about it prior?

I emailed them on the 2nd, they haven't responded so I emailed them again. Not too sure, but starting to get the vibe that I didn't make the final cut :?

Congratulations though! :alright:
I got an invitation for training on March 2. I had everything else done last year though.
I see, last I heard was waiting on my Medical on March 3rd, its been a month and havnt heard anything about it so I emailed them, still nothing, Im still hopeful im just lower on the list to be contacted but its also the 8th now so 88)
I didn't get my medical done until June last year, my offer got deferred until this year. Some classes don't start until July. I wouldn't be too worried. You'll get an extra month to de-stress from school.

933088
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby 933088 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm

c_cat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 am
933088 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am
c_cat wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:15 am
Wondering if when everyone was conditionally offered, did they say you had to pass the training until you get an official offer? And are you guys also only being offered 1-2 days a week after the training?
Also on the letter it doesn't really say anything other than having in-person and virtual training so I guess it will be a mix
Oh you guys got a letter? I just got a phone call asking if i would accept being conditionally offered the position. They said its only 1-2 days a week of work not full time anymore.
do you happen to know if it's part-time in all regions or just specific ones?

c_cat
Rookie Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby c_cat » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 pm

933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm
c_cat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 am
933088 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am


Also on the letter it doesn't really say anything other than having in-person and virtual training so I guess it will be a mix
Oh you guys got a letter? I just got a phone call asking if i would accept being conditionally offered the position. They said its only 1-2 days a week of work not full time anymore.
do you happen to know if it's part-time in all regions or just specific ones?
no idea, I was curious if it was just region specific or in all

littlewill1166
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby littlewill1166 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm

933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm
c_cat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 am
933088 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am


Also on the letter it doesn't really say anything other than having in-person and virtual training so I guess it will be a mix
Oh you guys got a letter? I just got a phone call asking if i would accept being conditionally offered the position. They said its only 1-2 days a week of work not full time anymore.
do you happen to know if it's part-time in all regions or just specific ones?
I got 37.5 hours in my letter of offer.

c_cat
Rookie Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby c_cat » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:27 pm

littlewill1166 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm
933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm
c_cat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 am


Oh you guys got a letter? I just got a phone call asking if i would accept being conditionally offered the position. They said its only 1-2 days a week of work not full time anymore.
do you happen to know if it's part-time in all regions or just specific ones?
I got 37.5 hours in my letter of offer.
oh wow lucky, do you mind me asking what province?

933088
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby 933088 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:48 pm

littlewill1166 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm
933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm
c_cat wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 am


Oh you guys got a letter? I just got a phone call asking if i would accept being conditionally offered the position. They said its only 1-2 days a week of work not full time anymore.
do you happen to know if it's part-time in all regions or just specific ones?
I got 37.5 hours in my letter of offer.
Was that in the conditional offer letter or you had received another one once confirming the training?

SagarfromYEG
Rookie Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:45 pm
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby SagarfromYEG » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm

933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:48 pm
littlewill1166 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm
933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm


do you happen to know if it's part-time in all regions or just specific ones?
I got 37.5 hours in my letter of offer.
Was that in the conditional offer letter or you had received another one once confirming the training?
Damn I hope the prairie region send out their offers on Monday🥺🥺🥺

littlewill1166
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby littlewill1166 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:36 pm

933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:48 pm
littlewill1166 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm
933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:41 pm


do you happen to know if it's part-time in all regions or just specific ones?
I got 37.5 hours in my letter of offer.
Was that in the conditional offer letter or you had received another one once confirming the training?
The offer said "I am pleased, on behalf of the Canada Border Services Agency, to offer you full-time employment as part of the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) from May 3, 2021, to September 10, 2021. You will be scheduled for a total of 37.5 hours per week."

"This offer of employment is conditional upon you signing the enclosed appendix where indicated and your satisfying all other requirements set forth in this package. Your signature is an attestation that you clearly understand and will comply with the terms and conditions of employment."

It doesn't say anything about me needing to do CDT in the appendix.

bsk23
Rookie Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:34 am
Contact:

Re: CBSA SBSO 2020-2021 APPLICANTS

Postby bsk23 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:11 am

littlewill1166 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:36 pm
933088 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:48 pm
littlewill1166 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:43 pm


I got 37.5 hours in my letter of offer.
Was that in the conditional offer letter or you had received another one once confirming the training?
The offer said "I am pleased, on behalf of the Canada Border Services Agency, to offer you full-time employment as part of the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) from May 3, 2021, to September 10, 2021. You will be scheduled for a total of 37.5 hours per week."

"This offer of employment is conditional upon you signing the enclosed appendix where indicated and your satisfying all other requirements set forth in this package. Your signature is an attestation that you clearly understand and will comply with the terms and conditions of employment."

It doesn't say anything about me needing to do CDT in the appendix.
How likely is it to continue working through the Fall/Winter past that September 10 date. Anyone know?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests