Crossfit Workouts

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Re: Crossfit Workouts

Postby Tom Ace » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Mark P wrote:
CourtOfficer wrote:
100 Tricep ext with 150 lbs (cable)

OK, either your cable machine has some great leverage or you have some mean triceps. You did one set of 100 reps with 150 pounds on the pushdown? My arms are the size of most men's legs and I couldn't do that.

CO

Correct me if I am wrong... I think he meant 100 reps at 1.50lbs

No...it was 150 lbs on the cable column machine, the entire stack. And it wasn't 100 reps straight. It was a crossfit workout so you do as many reps of the first exercise as you can, then move on the second, then the third and so on. So for the tricep exercise I did 36 reps at 150 lbs my first time through, then 28, 22, and 14.
Pick 4-6 exercises, set a rep limit (25-100 reps depending on the exercise) and go. Then I go for run. It's a great way to maximize your time at the gym. I only have my lunch hour, so I find these type of workouts great.
Troop #3....starting April 21st. Finally!!!!!!!!

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:30 pm

And it wasn't 100 reps straight. It was a crossfit workout so you do as many reps of the first exercise as you can, then move on the second, then the third and so on.

Ahhhhhh. Gotcha.

CO

Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Postby Tom Ace » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:39 pm

opp2 wrote:40 power cleans 50lb
20 pullups (supposed to be L pullups, but I'm still doing assisted)
60 push press 50lb
20 pullups
40 powercleans

17:01

Nice..I like the push/pull sequence. Combining pulling exercises (pullups/cleans/powercleans/rows) with pushing (bench/push press/squat/lunge/pushups). Awesome workouts. Or even combining the two, power clean into a squat into a push press as 1 exercise.

Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Postby Tom Ace » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:53 pm

today at lunch....
25 pullups (body weight + 45 lbs)
25 hang cleans 135 lbs
25 bench press throws on smith machine with 90 lbs
2 mile run
25:39
then back to work.
One more week of these lunch hour workouts.

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:12 pm

Thought this was a decent place to ask since there are some crossfitters here...if my body is just TIRED, is it an OK idea to take a few days off from the WODs? I've done more pull-ups in the past week than in my entire life, LOL. I know there are prescribed rest days, but what do they suggest about taking extra time off?

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:22 pm

metallicat wrote:Thought this was a decent place to ask since there are some crossfitters here...if my body is just TIRED, is it an OK idea to take a few days off from the WODs? I've done more pull-ups in the past week than in my entire life, LOL. I know there are prescribed rest days, but what do they suggest about taking extra time off?

Basically if you need it (rest) take it, you know your own body better than someone else. the 3 on 1 off, is just the method used on the site, and by most people. There is nothing wrong with tweaking it to make it fit you. For example the ones that involve 5km/10km runs, I don't consider a WOD, as I will do a CF workout and then go for a run most days anyways.

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:57 am

I think I have to take a few days off then. I would like to try Fight Gone Bad again though, so I will do that first next time I work out. It will be the first time I've done a WOD twice. Even though it was only ten days ago, I'm interested to compare the two results. Thanks for the tips.

Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Postby Tom Ace » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:07 pm

opp2 wrote:Tip for the day:

Do Not Crossfit when hungover.

LOL.I wouldn't even have attempted it...at least you tried!

Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Postby Tom Ace » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:20 pm

Today's worout:
50 bench press with 185lbs
100 hammer curls with 30lbs
100 tricep ext (straight bar) with 150lbs
20 pullups (wide) body weight + 45lbs
100 situps on ball
32:15
then a 10 min run
42:15 total

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Tom Ace wrote:Today's worout:
50 bench press with 185lbs
100 hammer curls with 30lbs
100 tricep ext (straight bar) with 150lbs
20 pullups (wide) body weight + 45lbs
100 situps on ball
32:15
then a 10 min run
42:15 total
What website are you going by to get these workouts?

Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Postby Tom Ace » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:34 pm

I only go to the crossfit website for ideas. I usualy make up my own workouts. Except for a couple, the YMCA where I workout isn't really conducive to the crossfit workouts on the site (equipment is too spread out). I'm a kinesiologist and Stength and Conditioning specilaist so I have a pretty extensive knowledge of exercises. I typically come up with workouts that encompass the whole body and try to make them fun. I also only have my lunch hour to workout (about 40 min) so I have to make them quick too.

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Tom Ace wrote:I only go to the crossfit website for ideas. I usualy make up my own workouts. Except for a couple, the YMCA where I workout isn't really conducive to the crossfit workouts on the site (equipment is too spread out). I'm a kinesiologist and Stength and Conditioning specilaist so I have a pretty extensive knowledge of exercises. I typically come up with workouts that encompass the whole body and try to make them fun. I also only have my lunch hour to workout (about 40 min) so I have to make them quick too.

I'm no kinesiologist but I do the same thing. Steal ideas from cross fit and change them up with that I think I need.