Crossfit Workouts

Health and fitness discussion. Discuss exercise routines, dieting plans, workout regimens, healthy living, etc.
metallicat
Rookie Member

Re: Crossfit Workouts

Postby metallicat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:17 pm

48highlander wrote:This is my new favourite workout (third time doing it) I call it "total body anihilators" (it has no name)

For time 21-18-15-12-9 reps of 90lbs (50lbs with a bar):
Deadlift
Hang Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Jerk

Did it last time about a month ago and only completed up to 12 reps and it took approx 50 mintues, today completed the workout (all reps as prescribed) in 43 minutes.
Nice work!

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:50 pm

opp2 wrote:did Angie today. Modified pullups since I still don't have a pullup bar, and knees pushups. 35 minutes ish.

So how was she?
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

inf-
Rookie Member

Postby inf- » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:28 pm

Just a question on the side. Do most of you workout at home or at a fitness club/gym? Seems to me many of you have your own equipments. I can never workout at home b/c (1st of all), I dont have the space for it and secondly, i find it impossible to focus or get motivated.
RIP Chelsey Robinson. Forever my friend. My Tr mate.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Jim Street wrote:
opp2 wrote:did Angie today. Modified pullups since I still don't have a pullup bar, and knees pushups. 35 minutes ish.

So how was she?

Ha, that's what I thought too... I hear she's hard! :shock:

"Angie”
100 Pull Ups
100 Press Ups
100 Sit Ups
100 Squats
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:09 am

inf- wrote:Just a question on the side. Do most of you workout at home or at a fitness club/gym? Seems to me many of you have your own equipments. I can never workout at home b/c (1st of all), I dont have the space for it and secondly, i find it impossible to focus or get motivated.
All at home for me. I have a chin-up bar, and enough weights and a bar to get me by. If there are things I can't do, the FAQ section if their website lists alternatives that work just fine. I do have a skipping rope on order, so that should arrive soon and add to the things I can do properly at home. I am moving in a few months, and not into a place with a garage unfortunately, or I'd start building a home gym as best I can.

As for the motivation factor, I like how quickly a lot of the days WODs can be completed. The fact that many of them are based on your time, gives me the motivation to keep going. Further, seeing the times and whatnot of people posting on the website, offers even more motivation to try and improve every day.

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:07 am

Every station here has a full gym and we get free memberships to all city run gyms and pools.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

cmj
Rookie Member

Postby cmj » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:05 pm

inf- wrote:Just a question on the side. Do most of you workout at home or at a fitness club/gym? Seems to me many of you have your own equipments. I can never workout at home b/c (1st of all), I dont have the space for it and secondly, i find it impossible to focus or get motivated.

Not everyone can workout effectively at home as there can be too many distractions or the lack of competitiveness you may find in a gym. I have over 10k in my home gym and just don't use it as much as I should! I may like to give that Angie a try though!

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:56 pm

I workout at home (there is a pic on here somewhere of my "gym") Basically Squat Cage, "Crossfit/Olympic Bar", Bumper Plates, Iron Plates dumbbells, blast straps, bench.

VanB wrote:Generally I find the Crossfit workouts that have girl's names are the hardest ones.

Thats the way its supposed to be, they name their hardest workest, akin to Hurricanes, so you'll remember them better.

Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Postby Tom Ace » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Just visited the crossfit web site.....pretty cool. My workouts for the past year have been along the same lines of the crossfit ones; 20-40 min., no rest in between exercises. But they've ben the traditional type of exercises, bench, squat, lunge, bicep, tricep, shoulder, core stuff. I'm going to start to document them now and see what I can do and how I can constantly improve. I'm going to prform a new routine everytime I workout (4-6 days per week). Tomorrow starts with: 50 pullups, 50 pushups, 50 squats, 50 russian twists, 50 jump squats then a run. My workouts last between 30-40 min. max since I do them on my lunch hour (hard to get workouts in with a wife and 2 small kids at home).
Anyways, I'd love some suggestions.
Troop #3....starting April 21st. Finally!!!!!!!!

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Tom Ace wrote:Just visited the crossfit web site.....pretty cool. My workouts for the past year have been along the same lines of the crossfit ones; 20-40 min., no rest in between exercises. But they've ben the traditional type of exercises, bench, squat, lunge, bicep, tricep, shoulder, core stuff. I'm going to start to document them now and see what I can do and how I can constantly improve. I'm going to prform a new routine everytime I workout (4-6 days per week). Tomorrow starts with: 50 pullups, 50 pushups, 50 squats, 50 russian twists, 50 jump squats then a run. My workouts last between 30-40 min. max since I do them on my lunch hour (hard to get workouts in with a wife and 2 small kids at home).

What kind of Suggestion? How to balance family life with workouts, exercise routines, where to get equipment etc. You gotta be more specific man 8)

Tom Ace
Rookie Member

Postby Tom Ace » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:20 pm

48highlander wrote:
Tom Ace wrote:Just visited the crossfit web site.....pretty cool. My workouts for the past year have been along the same lines of the crossfit ones; 20-40 min., no rest in between exercises. But they've ben the traditional type of exercises, bench, squat, lunge, bicep, tricep, shoulder, core stuff. I'm going to start to document them now and see what I can do and how I can constantly improve. I'm going to prform a new routine everytime I workout (4-6 days per week). Tomorrow starts with: 50 pullups, 50 pushups, 50 squats, 50 russian twists, 50 jump squats then a run. My workouts last between 30-40 min. max since I do them on my lunch hour (hard to get workouts in with a wife and 2 small kids at home).

What kind of Suggestion? How to balance family life with workouts, exercise routines, where to get equipment etc. You gotta be more specific man 8)

Suggestions on routines. I didn't get to finish the circuit today. With about 7 pullups left to finish the circuit, my daughter ran through the YMCA yelling, "Daddy, Daddy, they called..the RCMP finally called". So, I didn't get to finish my workout, but I found out I'm in Troop 3, starting April 21st.
Troop #3....starting April 21st. Finally!!!!!!!!