After leaving the Force

Post your suggestions to the editor for possible stories you would like to see in an upcoming issue Blue Line Magazine.
Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:54 am

We also have about 30 retired members who are sworn in as Special Cst's to do background investigations for all applicants both sworn & civilian.

TSE JR
Rookie Member

Postby TSE JR » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:42 pm

We are always looking for personable guys to work at the range here in Calgary.
James Cox
President / CEO
The Edge Group

The Shooting Edge (Calgary), Target Sports (Toronto) and EAR Canada

vpd
Rookie Member

Postby vpd » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:26 pm

I don't get it, who in their right mind would want to keep working after they retire from the force?

Retire is the key word folks.....I retire in 5 years and I'm done with work.

I am going to enjoy travelling.
I am going to enjoy my family.
I am going to enjoy playing golf.
I am going to enjoy getting those little things done that I did not have time for because I had to work.

I am not working, after I retire.
Embrace what little time you have left on Earth.

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:59 pm

That's pretty well what my dad did after 30 years OPP. Retired as a Det/Sgt, did a few gigs here and there because he wasn't quite ready to slow down, then moved out west to BC. Now he golfs every day out there all summer then heads down to Tucson, Arizona for the winter and golfs every day when he's down there. Plus, he and his wife golf on the road while they travel back and forth between their residences..... Hey, he's got the time now, might as well enjoy it like VPD says.
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:43 am

We have quite a few retired people at Avis who shuttle around vehicles part time... Most of them do it to keep busy, then there's the socializing, and bugging the poor Tow Truck Driver... We have a few retired Police & Firefighters, a couple guys that worked closely with the Avro Arrow, people from pretty well every occupation...
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

vpd
Rookie Member

Postby vpd » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:19 pm

No 20 Year Medal wrote:That's pretty well what my dad did after 30 years OPP. Retired as a Det/Sgt, did a few gigs here and there because he wasn't quite ready to slow down, then moved out west to BC. Now he golfs every day out there all summer then heads down to Tucson, Arizona for the winter and golfs every day when he's down there. Plus, he and his wife golf on the road while they travel back and forth between their residences..... Hey, he's got the time now, might as well enjoy it like VPD says.

I like your Dad already, golf..... now there is a good game.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:25 pm

vpd wrote:
No 20 Year Medal wrote:That's pretty well what my dad did after 30 years OPP. Retired as a Det/Sgt, did a few gigs here and there because he wasn't quite ready to slow down, then moved out west to BC. Now he golfs every day out there all summer then heads down to Tucson, Arizona for the winter and golfs every day when he's down there. Plus, he and his wife golf on the road while they travel back and forth between their residences..... Hey, he's got the time now, might as well enjoy it like VPD says.

Are you going on the rattlesnake this year?
:wave:

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:23 pm

Apparently I never inherited that gene from him, that's one past-time I didn't develop an interest for. I just never saw the logic in deliberately hitting a little ball away from you just so you can go chase it in the trees where it landed
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

vpd
Rookie Member

Postby vpd » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:02 pm

th wrote:
vpd wrote:

Are you going on the rattlesnake this year?

The rattlesnake shut down a couple of years ago? Has it been revived?

wannabeRCMP
Rookie Member

Postby wannabeRCMP » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:43 am

My father in law and several of his RCMP buddies retired and started working at the Home Depot in Ottawa.

Once Depot was home and now Home Depot is work, I know horrible joke but couldn't resist.

On another note, retiring as a golf pro would be great. Guess I'll have to break 100 first. Just got to find that sweet spot between my hook and my slice.
It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

vpd
Rookie Member

Re: After leaving the Force

Postby vpd » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:39 pm

The RCMP in E Division are hiring ex Members as Civillians, but assisting in investigations.....This is something kind of new.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:54 pm

some of the retirees were out doing censuses,one retired marine officer actually drives a freight tugboat around lake of the woods
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

vpd
Rookie Member

Postby vpd » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:56 am

The Labour market in BC is booming.............

DRISCOLL
Seasoned Member

Postby DRISCOLL » Mon May 12, 2008 1:25 am

If your foolish and think that you were taught anything about Canadian Law in Regina, you could throw a resume into Integra Security.

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Mon May 12, 2008 1:13 pm

Integra Security? Aren't they the company, whose owner, Phil Lacasse, was charged with a bunch of offenses under some security company act? I think it was posted here in another forum. I may be wrong.
Last edited by Gard on Mon May 12, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1