Immigration Task Force

Post your suggestions to the editor for possible stories you would like to see in an upcoming issue Blue Line Magazine.
Jib
Seasoned Member

Immigration Task Force

Postby Jib » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:19 pm

I'd like to see a story about the ITF or Immigration Task Force. In short ITF is a group of individuals from both the RCMP, ROPE squad and Immigration (CBSA) who work in the GTA executing high risk warrants on subjects who are subject to removal orders (eg Deportation).

I once saw a TV documentary WAAYY back and I know "The Toronto Star" did an article a few years back, but I think an article in Blueline is an excellent tribute to these individuals who get little if any public attention for their extremely dangerous job.
Last edited by Jib on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dura lex sed lex

Jonny Utah
Sage Member

Postby Jonny Utah » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:38 pm

I would love to see something on that topic.

Looking forward to it.

J.

T.M.DIESEL
King Poobah

Postby T.M.DIESEL » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:58 pm

Then we would have to see Actus or KL and their ugly mugs on the front page of Blueline. NO WAY. :P
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -- Unknown

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have.--Thomas Jefferson

Jib
Seasoned Member

Postby Jib » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:55 pm

OTU Bailiff wrote:Then we would have to see Actus or KL and their ugly mugs on the front page of Blueline. NO WAY. :P

Actus? No way...he's too busy figuring out where his office is and looking over intel reports. :P
dura lex sed lex

Actus Reus
Grand Poobah

Postby Actus Reus » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:49 am

The trick is to always have a clip board or an evidence baggie in your hand. That way, no one knows you're lost.

Howard
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: Immigration Task Force

Postby Howard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:14 am

Jib wrote:I'd like to see a story about the ITF or Immigration Task Force. In short ITF is a group of individuals from both the RCMP, ROPE squad and Immigration (CBSA) who work in the GTA executing high risk warrants on subjects who are subject to removal orders (eg Deportation).

I once saw a TV documentary WAAYY back and I know "The Toronto Star" did an article a few years back, but I think an article in Blueline is an excellent tribute to these individuals who get little if any public attention for their extremely dangerous job.

While they're at it, they should do stories on Sasquatch, Yeti, Santa Claus and the tooth fairy...

Surely you jest! Canada doesn't deport dangerous illegal immigrants - we give them welfare don't we...
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. (Thomas Jefferson)

BonaFide
Veteran Member

Postby BonaFide » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:33 pm

Howard wrote:Surely you jest! Canada doesn't deport dangerous illegal immigrants - we give them welfare don't we...

Baahahahahwahahqahaa
-BonaFide

T.M.DIESEL
King Poobah

Postby T.M.DIESEL » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:17 pm

Jib wrote:
OTU Bailiff wrote:Then we would have to see Actus or KL and their ugly mugs on the front page of Blueline. NO WAY. :P

Actus? No way...he's too busy figuring out where his office is and looking over intel reports. :P

I am with you on that one, tough finding a phone when your not sure where it is. :P
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -- Unknown

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have.--Thomas Jefferson

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:50 pm

that TV documentary was really good. I think a story would be a great Idea.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

KL
King Poobah

Postby KL » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:42 am

ITF isn't my regular job but I work with them sometimes. It's a pretty cool unit. Bounty hunters with relatively little paperwork. 8) About as close to being a TV cop as you can get.

Contrary to popular belief, they are able to arrest and deport about 150 really bad guys from the GTA every year. The routine is generally enquiries to locate possible addresses for the bad guy, surveillance, high-risk take down with all the fun gear (MP5 submachine guns, TASERS, etc) a bit of paper and he is on a plane.

Definitely a good topic for an article. Also a chance to show those in the centre of the universe (Ontario) that the RCMP doesn't just investigate complicated frauds and attend loud parties in Surrey.

Wimpy
Seasoned Member

Postby Wimpy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:18 am

A buddy of mine with the horsemen does this in the GTA. Sounds like a good go. Not too sure how much of a doc. you would get though.

Actus Reus
Grand Poobah

Postby Actus Reus » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:29 pm

The routine is generally enquiries to locate possible addresses for the bad guy, surveillance, high-risk take down with all the fun gear (MP5 submachine guns, TASERS, etc) a bit of paper and he is on a plane.

If only it was that easy - after the arrest comes months and months of appeals and court challenges to the deportation order. And the Minister still has the discretion at the end of the day to issue a stay of removal on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Still, ITF is a pretty cool outfit with some great war stories.

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Jib wrote:I'd like to see a story about the ITF or Immigration Task Force. In short ITF is a group of individuals from both the RCMP, ROPE squad and Immigration (CBSA) who work in the GTA executing high risk warrants on subjects who are subject to removal orders (eg Deportation).

I know this is an old topic but I was wondering if anyone knew the name of this Documentary about the ITF? Interested in taking a look. Thanks.
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous

KL
King Poobah

Postby KL » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:47 pm

I think it was called "The Undefended Border" and was done by TVO. It was part of a bigger documentary on Immigration.

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:20 am

KL wrote:I think it was called "The Undefended Border" and was done by TVO. It was part of a bigger documentary on Immigration.

Thanks!
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous