Opinions On Post-Secondary Education?

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
mirin
Rookie Member

Opinions On Post-Secondary Education?

Postby mirin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so I hope this is right correct area to ask, but I was wondering what were your thoughts on post-secondary education? I'm currently getting ready to right my PATI, WCT and do my PREP. I would then like to apply right away to a few "forces", but I'm also currently in university. I'm studying Information Technology.

I spoke to a recruitment officer (and a few other people) prior to beginning school and he suggested that I finish school prior to applying. Someone the people I spoke to were officers who completed university/college. Moreover, I know interviewers like to see that the applicant is disciplined, so finishing university would show that to an extent.

So, should I wait to apply or should I apply right away? I aim to volunteer some more, too.

Any advice would be appreciated!
On the road to success. 8)

CrimeDoesntPay

Re: Opinions On Post-Secondary Education?

Postby CrimeDoesntPay » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:56 am

I would wait until you have your degree to write your tests. Discipline, and if policing falls through you have a backup plan, which Services respect a great deal.
"...we're kinda like...Toronto Police's AHL team!"
In a world gone mad, the only thing between order and chaos is a thin blue line

Sworn Peace Officer
#BJJMAKEITMANDATORY