OACP Certificate Tests: Study Book?

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
Argentas
Rookie Member

OACP Certificate Tests: Study Book?

Postby Argentas » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:40 am

I'm looking at the tests for getting the OACP certificate through Applicant Testing Services (ATC), and I'm wondering if there's a study book to help me prepare for them (deductive, inductive, and quantitative reasoning). If not, can anyone recommend a way (or ways) to study for them?

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Re: OACP Certificate Tests: Study Book?

Postby A.T.R. » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:20 pm

I can't recall the name of the book that's put out but there are a few Police Test books out there. They are pretty large and cover a vast range of subjects.

Though they are American I found they did help by kicking my brain back into some semblance thinking. I would also tell you to look at the Fire Fighter exam books. A bit of a different perspective but they also help.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

EsivarT
Rookie Member

Postby EsivarT » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 pm

A.T.R. wrote:I can't recall the name of the book that's put out but there are a few Police Test books out there. They are pretty large and cover a vast range of subjects.

I think you may be referring to PolicePrep.

I've tried some of their samples. Great content.

Argentas
Rookie Member

Postby Argentas » Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Update: I signed up for Police Prep, EsivarT, and it was a big help. How big? Well, I passed the PATI/WCT, something that wouldn't have happened otherwise (not that I couldn't have prepared adequately on my own, but damn did the material on the site save me time and energy). It was more than worth the money, and I want to give you a big thank you!