Opinions

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
Matt_YRP
Rookie Member

Opinions

Postby Matt_YRP » Wed May 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello all

I was curious as to what people thought of having certificate type education when apply to the police?

I've read some have degrees of many kinds, and some have said they are at times going over board having this type of education when first applying, but I've also read that certificates are looked at as a lower type of education, and isn't looked at as something extremely special when applying.

Just curious as to what are some peoples thoughts on this?

Ducatiram
Rookie Member

Re: Opinions

Postby Ducatiram » Thu May 05, 2016 1:10 am

Matt_YRP wrote:Hello all

I was curious as to what people thought of having certificate type education when apply to the police?

I've read some have degrees of many kinds, and some have said they are at times going over board having this type of education when first applying, but I've also read that certificates are looked at as a lower type of education, and isn't looked at as something extremely special when applying.

Just curious as to what are some peoples thoughts on this?

Very circumstantial. I had a certificate in criminology and a commercial pilots licence... Both mean squat. Some education is better than no education. Some people get in with none, some people don't get in with degrees.

My opinion, if policing is what you want apply now. Start schooling incase it doesn't work out. Keep applying, and keep working at a back-up plan.