Help! no idea how to get started :(

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
sherii
Rookie Member

Help! no idea how to get started :(

Postby sherii » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:24 am

Hi everyone! I am new here and this is my first post...
For a while now I have been thinking about switching careers and going into policing but, to be quiet honest I have no idea where to get started and it’s a bit overwhelming. I have gone on the ATS website and noticed that the criteria for the PREP is changing. I am sure this has been asked a million times before but... how do I get started? how do I train? Is there anyone who has gone through the process interested in mentoring?

Any advice would be appreciated

Sherii

Lights
Seasoned Member

Re: Help! no idea how to get started :(

Postby Lights » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:53 am

I'll be happy to mentor you as long as you listen and are %100 honest with me. Shoot me a PM
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

Johnny Leaver
Rookie Member

Postby Johnny Leaver » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:23 am

There are so many programs online that you can get started with. Even reading up helps you out a lot. What particular reason do you have for changing careers?

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Your best path is to attend an information session from your local police service.
Most larger services around Ontario offer these sessions to get you started.
Good luck.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Lights wrote:I'll be happy to mentor you as long as you listen and are %100 honest with me. Shoot me a PM

Did you find out if its a dude or not? Lol.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Lights
Seasoned Member

Postby Lights » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:30 pm

hahah nope
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER