tutoring in Ottawa

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
Rookiemaybe
Rookie Member

tutoring in Ottawa

Postby Rookiemaybe » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:55 am

Hi there,

I posted about wanting to try and become a police officer despite anxiety issues. The responses were 100% more positive than I anticipated so I've decided to go ahead and take the police exam. I took some prep test and realized there is a lot of math. Unfortunately, I'm in my thirties and haven't used these skills since high school and well, since we all carry calculators in our pockets I haven't stayed practiced.

Does anyone have experience with tutors in the Ottawa area? Can you recommend one?

thanks

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Re: tutoring in Ottawa

Postby A.T.R. » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Best bet go by a local high school and ask what they reccomend.

There are courses out there specific for adults that are changing careers. Stuff like that.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

OttawaAux
Rookie Member

Postby OttawaAux » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:45 am

Rookiemaybe wrote:Hi there,

I posted about wanting to try and become a police officer despite anxiety issues. The responses were 100% more positive than I anticipated so I've decided to go ahead and take the police exam. I took some prep test and realized there is a lot of math. Unfortunately, I'm in my thirties and haven't used these skills since high school and well, since we all carry calculators in our pockets I haven't stayed practiced.

Does anyone have experience with tutors in the Ottawa area? Can you recommend one?

thanks

Hello .. I sent you a PM

Rookiemaybe
Rookie Member

Postby Rookiemaybe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Thank you both, I'll look into your suggestions.