Canine handling/training

Ideas in police education and training. Discussion for programs such as police foundations, law & security, criminology, police college training, etc.
Cass
Rookie Member

Canine handling/training

Postby Cass » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows of any canine handling/training courses that would look good on an application when applying to police services. I understand that becoming an actual canine officer would be something extremely hard to get into and would be probably 10+ years down the road after getting hired but is there an agency that would be regarded as the go-to source for such a thing? The reason I ask is that I have been looking at taking a course or something in addition to the post secondary I have already completed but I want to take something that interests me. I currently train, hunt and compete in spaniel field trials and hunt tests with my dog so it is something I enjoy and something I would be interested in therefore it would keep my attention (I completed college 8 years ago now and don't know how successful I'd be at taking something I have little interest in). Any ideas?

Cass
Rookie Member

Re: Canine handling/training

Postby Cass » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:21 am

Ok, thank you for the honesty.