Treaty Three Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Zeppelin
Rookie Member

Treaty Three Police Service

Postby Zeppelin » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:46 pm

Hello!

Long time reader, first time "poster".

I'm looking for any and all information regarding the Treaty Three Police Service. For example: Number of officers, number of vehicles, number of detatchments, what is the job is like from day to day, what color are the uniforms that sorta stuff.

I've only seen one member of the Treaty Three Police Service on the public forums who has posted information. Fellow goes by the name "Casper". Are there any more Treaty Three officers out there?

Thank you all for your time
How many more times....

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:59 am

I dont work for treaty three but I know most of the officers. Its HQ is in Kenora ontario web address is http://www.treaty3.ca
I think they have 58 officers roughly. They cover about 55,000 square kms of area. Hope this helps

GN
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:04 am

Their uniforms are very similar to the OPP uniform as their chief is a retired OPP inspector. They have a really nice flash. I havent the foggiest idea how many vehicles thay have, im guessing theyd have about 85 or so maybe counting boats and skidoos. They have about 90 percent chev products. I's be guessin thay have about 25 to 30 detachments, they basically cover from atikokan area in the east,north to red lake, and west to the manitoba border, and south to the US border all along from atikokan to lake of the woods. I think the only community in their area that is not treaty 3 is lac seul police which is a stand alone 7 member department out side of Sioux Lookout.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Zeppelin
Rookie Member

Postby Zeppelin » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:51 pm

Out standing thank you Grassynarrows! You've provided me with a lot more information that's available online. So far the only website that has anything on the Treaty Three Police is:

http://www.treaty3.ca/pages/policing_justice.html

, however, it does not provide for much info. I had to find out about the Chief from the First Nation Chiefs of Police Association website.

Anyways, thanks again!
How many more times....

Casper

Postby Casper » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:15 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:I's be guessin thay have about 25 to 30 detachments,...

We don't have that many. In the southern division we have one in Lac La Croix, one in Couchiching, one in Big Island and we have access to the OPP detachments in Emo, Fort Frances and Atikokan. Up north I am not sure what they have for detachments but I think they are basically all old or current OPP detachments for the time being.

Grassynarrow wrote: I think the only community in their area that is not treaty 3 is lac seul police which is a stand alone 7 member department out side of Sioux Lookout.

Don't forget Lac De Mille Lac out by Upsala. I think it has a total population of 9 residents.

As far as websites go, don't bother. Just call the Kenora HQ for info.

Zeppelin
Rookie Member

Postby Zeppelin » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:21 pm

Thank you for the information Casper.....say, what's the average day like as a Treaty Three Police officer?

Thanks for your time
How many more times....

Casper

Postby Casper » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:23 pm

Just like any other police officer. Nothing happens for a awhile and then you can't make it to calls fast enough.

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:48 pm

I was guessing on the detachments based on the sign out by round lake that said there were 28 communities in treaty 3. :D I saw the guys in Kenora today looked like they were doing a show cause. Where are you posted to casper??

Zeppelin
Rookie Member

Postby Zeppelin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:59 pm

Thanks for the info Grassynarrows and Casper, you've answered my questions and then some.
How many more times....

Casper

Postby Casper » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Grassynarrows wrote:Where are you posted to casper??

See your pm.

koss78a
Rookie Member

treaty 3 police service

Postby koss78a » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:30 pm

hello all anyone on this board if your with the Treaty 3 police service
when was last time the treaty 3 police service hired anyone

i have submitted a resume 4 to 5 times since treaty 3 came into power and never got a response

i have all the basic requirements

what type of things is the organization looking for on a resume, for an applicant to be accepted for an interview

thank you

Casper

Postby Casper » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Since the service started, they have sent recruits for two intakes.

koss78a
Rookie Member

if they did 2 intakes

Postby koss78a » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:56 am

if they done 2 intakes then how come i never got a call

when was the last intake
and were all the applications from FN people?

RDMP
Veteran Member

Postby RDMP » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:04 am

Ya know In just get an earie feeling when someone starts askin questions about size, equipment, location of dets etc of police services. no that there's any harm intended by Zeppelin but people like to give up the info pretty quickly. Not good op Sec. I don't know, must be the cop in me.
No plan ever survives first contact

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Re: if they did 2 intakes

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:30 am

koss78a wrote:if they done 2 intakes then how come i never got a call

when was the last intake
and were all the applications from FN people?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but maybe there were more qualified applicants.

There was lots of non-Native people in my intake for Treaty Three. Casper is as white as they come. He makes snow look beige...

CO