Me (RCMP) S&W 5946 in 9 mm. General duty guys have standard 870 shotguns and there are some rare .308 bolt-action rifles floating around. Our ERT (SWAT) use the H&K MP5 in 9 mm and an M-16 variant in 5.56 mm.
Oh well, better than nothing I guess!
Our fate is what we make.
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:01 am
- Location: Back on the job in Canada
- Rookie Member
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:08 am
- Location: Fredericton, N.B.
We carry the Sig Sauer P226. We have some members that carry the P228 for the smaller handle of the 13 round mag and I believe there are a couple of the P239, which use the 8 round mag for those with really small hands.
We also have a few of the old 870's around for patrols to take if they want to grab one.
Our ERT guys have a variety of weapons that I not completely sure of.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
- Rookie Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:29 pm
- Location: st. johns, Newfoundland
- Regular Member
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2001 1:01 am
- Location: Red Lion, Pennsylvania
- Pete Broccolo
- Posts: 524
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
- Location: Weyburn SK Canada
I say do away with the .308 all together, put rifle sights on your 12 ga, carry slugs AND SSG, make sure that ERT has enough people, and we should be good to go.
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests