OACP Vision Test Question

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
cleanfork
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm
Contact:

OACP Vision Test Question

Postby cleanfork » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm

I completed the vision test and the doctor stated that I do not meet the minimum requirements.
However, I do not pose a risk when conducting essential job tasks.
Is it possible to obtain the OACP certification under these circumstances or will I be screened out?

Thanks

Code Tree
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:33 pm
Contact:

Re: OACP Vision Test Question

Postby Code Tree » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:55 pm

You will be screened out most likely by a police service, but nothing that I can see on the OACP side. Doesn't really make sense why they'd have two separate standards, but that's the best I can make of the document.
Disclaimer
Applicants will not be screened out at this stage of the pre-hire testing phase. Please note
the Police Service which the applicant applies to will have the right to disqualify the
applicant if the hearing and vision standards are not met. By completing this package,
you acknowledge as the applicant that you are aware and agree that the Police Services
or Law Enforcement Agencies may disqualify you based on not meeting any of minimum
requirements outlined in this package.
You are to provide this form to the Police Service that you apply to. This form is
valid for 2 years.
As the hearing and vision standards are deemed to be a bona fide medical requirement,
Police Services have the right to screen out applicants at the initial stage of the Police
Application Process if the standards are not met.
"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus
"In the end, integrity is all you've got" - PPA Instructor

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: OACP Vision Test Question

Postby Fonthill » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:15 pm

cleanfork wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm
I completed the vision test and the doctor stated that I do not meet the minimum requirements.
However, I do not pose a risk when conducting essential job tasks.
Is it possible to obtain the OACP certification under these circumstances or will I be screened out?

Thanks
Hmmm, this made no sense ?

So, as you did not meet the standard means you do pose a risk. (Health & Safety)

cleanfork
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: OACP Vision Test Question

Postby cleanfork » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:58 pm

Fonthill wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:15 pm
cleanfork wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm
I completed the vision test and the doctor stated that I do not meet the minimum requirements.
However, I do not pose a risk when conducting essential job tasks.
Is it possible to obtain the OACP certification under these circumstances or will I be screened out?

Thanks
Hmmm, this made no sense ?

So, as you did not meet the standard means you do pose a risk. (Health & Safety)
There's two parts to the Vision Assessment Form.

The first part is whether or not I meet the minimum vision requirements (uncorrected visual acuity at least 20/40 (6/12) with both eyes open, and corrected visual acuity at least 20/20 (6/6) with both eyes open, etc)
The second part is an analysis by the doctor that based on the applicant’s vision ability, will they be able to conduct essential job tasks without posing a significant safety risk to themselves, co-workers or members of the general public.

Hope I cleared things up for you.

Fonthill
Seasoned Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: OACP Vision Test Question

Postby Fonthill » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:20 pm

cleanfork wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:58 pm
Fonthill wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:15 pm
cleanfork wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:15 pm
I completed the vision test and the doctor stated that I do not meet the minimum requirements.
However, I do not pose a risk when conducting essential job tasks.
Is it possible to obtain the OACP certification under these circumstances or will I be screened out?

Thanks
Hmmm, this made no sense ?

So, as you did not meet the standard means you do pose a risk. (Health & Safety)
There's two parts to the Vision Assessment Form.

The first part is whether or not I meet the minimum vision requirements (uncorrected visual acuity at least 20/40 (6/12) with both eyes open, and corrected visual acuity at least 20/20 (6/6) with both eyes open, etc)
The second part is an analysis by the doctor that based on the applicant’s vision ability, will they be able to conduct essential job tasks without posing a significant safety risk to themselves, co-workers or members of the general public.

Hope I cleared things up for you.
Yes, thanks.

Hahah. I just read my form that I did and I didn’t even see that part lol.

Try and find out and apply. You never know if you don’t try


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 10thgear, applicant2020, JEagle10, Mich78 and 7 guests