Public Transit in Hamilton?

NON Law Enforcement discussion. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want, just leave work out of it. Nobody likes a workaholic. Get a life ;-)
User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm moving to Hamilton for the summer, but I don't feel like taking my car. The drive there is too much hassle and too expensive compared to flying. I have people there who I can carpool with, but I anticipate I'll likely have to rely on public transit at some point. Is it pretty decent, or can I expect long waits and it taking 4 times longer to get somewhere by bus than by car?
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby Bitterman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 pm

I "just" got home from a little drive in downtown Hamilton..
The people I see waiting at the bus stops don't look like the kind of folks I's wanna sit beside ;)

Bring your car. It'll be easier to get (the hell) out of Hamilton when the urge strikes... And it will
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Bitterman wrote:I "just" got home from a little drive in downtown Hamilton..
The people I see waiting at the bus stops don't look like the kind of folks I's wanna sit beside ;)

Bring your car. It'll be easier to get (the hell) out of Hamilton when the urge strikes... And it will

It'll cost me around $800 up front that I'll have to be reimbursed for just to drive there, and I have to come in through the US. I don't want to go through customs with a car full of crap. I'd much rather fly. Plus I think I'd have to change over my plates, insurance, and licence. Seeing how I'll be working 6 days/week 10-12 hrs/day carpooling with my co-workers, I won't be spending too much time needing transit. I don't have issues sitting next to people on the bus.

Are taxis expensive?
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
gotchya
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby gotchya » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:Are taxis expensive?

Yes.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:43 pm

gotchya wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:Are taxis expensive?

Yes.

I hate that! Every time I've taken a taxi anywhere, I was practically charged the amount of a tank of gas, and they drive like fools! If taxis weren't so gosh darn expensive, I bet more people would take them.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 am
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby Kopparoo2b » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:
gotchya wrote:
SD_SC1 wrote:Are taxis expensive?

Yes.

I hate that! Every time I've taken a taxi anywhere, I was practically charged the amount of a tank of gas, and they drive like fools! If taxis weren't so gosh darn expensive, I bet more people would take them.



Taxis are expensive everywhere.......

There's a bus for practically ANYWHERE you want to get to in Hamilton. They come in regular intervals, and it depends on which area you're waiting at as to the type of crowd you may encounter.......and where you have to spend most of your time. You mind your business, and anywheres o.k.............during the day :smirk:
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Kopparoo2b wrote:anywheres o.k.............during the day :smirk:

Yeah, I've already learned of the places to avoid at night. I don't really feel like getting stabbed.
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby devilwoman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Thank god you're not bringing your car! If the urge to drive should arise, please forward me your location and route so I warn all my fellow Challenger owners in advance. Hell, even my 12 year old Dakota is shivering in fear at that thought.

Also, if you should also feel the urge to drive to Mac, again please warn me, so I can have my squad seal off all the entrances in preparation for your visit. We'd much prefer to have HPS deal with the accident re-construction....we call it the Mac 5-0 hot potato. :smirk:

On a side note...I'm freaking thanking all the gods and deities in the world that you're coming in summer....that's when I get my holidays and will be far, far away for a few weeks, thus lowering the possibility of you ever running into me, whether that be via car or in person.

Hmmm....maybe I'll just move to New Brunswick for the summer. :angel:
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

User avatar
Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby Dave Jenkins » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:51 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:I'm moving to Hamilton for the summer, but I don't feel like taking my car. The drive there is too much hassle and too expensive compared to flying. I have people there who I can carpool with, but I anticipate I'll likely have to rely on public transit at some point. Is it pretty decent, or can I expect long waits and it taking 4 times longer to get somewhere by bus than by car?


It all depends where you will be living and where you will be going from there.
http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/transit
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

User avatar
IMthePheonix
Sage Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:11 am
Location: The Republic of Alberta
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby IMthePheonix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:00 pm

For those of you in Hamilton, don't encourage her to bring her car. Trust me.

And where the hell is the jumping for joy, backflipping icon????????????????
ImageImage

Never mind, found a few.
Strippers have $1's, Waitresses have $5's, Drug dealers have $20s. Smurfette_76 on O.com

User avatar
devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby devilwoman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:32 pm

And where the hell is the jumping for joy, backflipping icon????????????????


Are you responsible for bringing this plague (aka SD_SC1) onto our fair city? :((

Seriously man, what have I done to you? :dubious:
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

User avatar
Parking159
Regular Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:32 am
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby Parking159 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:13 pm

One more reason to stay out of Hamilton. No offence DW.
Convincing a wise man is easy. Reasoning with a fool is difficult.

User avatar
IMthePheonix
Sage Member
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:11 am
Location: The Republic of Alberta
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby IMthePheonix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 pm

devilwoman wrote:
And where the hell is the jumping for joy, backflipping icon????????????????


Are you responsible for bringing this plague (aka SD_SC1) onto our fair city? :((

Seriously man, what have I done to you? :dubious:

They'd give me the key to the city if I were responsible, but alas I can not take credit.
Enjoy...... :smirk:
Strippers have $1's, Waitresses have $5's, Drug dealers have $20s. Smurfette_76 on O.com

User avatar
SD_SC1
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby SD_SC1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:00 am

devilwoman wrote:I'm freaking thanking all the gods and deities in the world that you're coming in summer....that's when I get my holidays and will be far, far away for a few weeks, thus lowering the possibility of you ever running into me, whether that be via car or in person.


I'm actually coming in the spring/summer for work. Due to the nature of my work, I, or one of my colleagues could come knocking on your door. :mrgreen:

IMthePheonix wrote:
devilwoman wrote:
And where the hell is the jumping for joy, backflipping icon????????????????


Are you responsible for bringing this plague (aka SD_SC1) onto our fair city? :((

Seriously man, what have I done to you? :dubious:

They'd give me the key to the city if I were responsible, but alas I can not take credit.
Enjoy...... :smirk:

Don't worry, I'll be back in the fall. :smirk:
Sed libera nos a malo.

User avatar
Parking159
Regular Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:32 am
Contact:

Re: Public Transit in Hamilton?

Postby Parking159 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 am

SD_SC1 wrote:I'm actually coming in the spring/summer for work. Due to the nature of my work, I, or one of my colleagues could come knocking on your door. :mrgreen:

Fuck. Run, devilwoman, run.
Convincing a wise man is easy. Reasoning with a fool is difficult.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests