GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Zedlinka

Re: CBSA Applicant Chit Chat

Postby Zedlinka » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:31 am

VikingsMoss84 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:26 am
Zedlinka wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 am
treeego wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Hey guys!

Finally decided to post since I feel I'm (hopefully) getting near the end of my process! Recently emailed recruitment and got word that I've successfully passed everything and I'll be invited once a spot has been secured! Has anyone else heard from recruitment lately regarding the upcoming intakes? For reference, I did my first interview in April 2018, and got my security clearance in May 2019.
I was in the Jan. intake this year, I got my invite somewhere around mid-late October.
Usually on Friday's they come out, so stay tuned.
When did you receive your security clearance before the invite?
I got an email the day after the August 2018 intake that stated I had received my clearance.
So I had to wait until the first of the 2019 to go.
The opinions expressed by me do not represent the Canada Border Services Agency or the Government of Canada

BSO

"Take your job seriously, but not yourself"

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Dave Brown » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:44 am

Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:58 am
Although the thread is back on, any posts later that November doesn't seem to be showing. Information should still be relevant though. Mods should combine the new CBSA Chit Chat with this one if not already planning to. Nice to see this thread back! :D
We are getting to that. Give us time.

Jumb34t
Rookie Member

Postby Jumb34t » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 am

Dave Brown wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:44 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:58 am
Although the thread is back on, any posts later that November doesn't seem to be showing. Information should still be relevant though. Mods should combine the new CBSA Chit Chat with this one if not already planning to. Nice to see this thread back! :D
We are getting to that. Give us time.
That was quick. Guess I spoke too soon, haha. Really appreciate everything you guys are doing! :thumbsup:
CBSA Applicant - GTA
Applied: Sep 18
OTEE: Oct 18 77.5%
Interview: Apr 19
PARE: Aug 19
Psych Eval: Oct 19
Psych Interview: Nov 19
Sec Doc sent: Jan 20
CFSC & CRFSC: Mar 20
Med Eval: May 20
Sec Interview: TBD

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:24 am

LOL. If you only knew …

Some of us have been working long hours to repair the damage and restore the forum. We can't get everything back, but we can restore most of it from an older backup file that was not touched.

Besidehello
Rookie Member

Postby Besidehello » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:44 am

Hello ,

Been awhile I’ve been lurking on this forum and finally decide to post something! I have finished all of the steps, only thing missing is my security clearance. Integrity interview has been done in February 2019 and no news since then ! I’ve contacted recruitment by email and they told me that I’m in the security process without much info. Only thing I had to redo was my medical evaluation a month ago .

Is it normal that I haven’t heard from them in months ?

Is there a way to contact them by phone and ask them specifically where is my file ?

Btw Congratulations to all those who now have an invite to Rigaud !

Quebec applicant

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 am

Besidehello wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:44 am
Hello ,

Been awhile I’ve been lurking on this forum and finally decide to post something! I have finished all of the steps, only thing missing is my security clearance. Integrity interview has been done in February 2019 and no news since then ! I’ve contacted recruitment by email and they told me that I’m in the security process without much info. Only thing I had to redo was my medical evaluation a month ago .

Is there a way to contact them by phone and ask them specifically where is my file ?

Quebec applicant
The email you got back probably looked something similar to telling you that the Security Stage can take over a year to complete and that it is a work in process, etc, etc. Am I right? It's pretty generic, unfortunately they don't give you much information. Some people will swear that by emailing recruitment, your file gets pushed. I don't know the validity of that, but it is a little odd that a lot of people talk of having something happen with their file pretty quickly after emailing them. Coincidence perhaps. Your integrity interview was in February you mentioned. When did you submit your actual papers? And when did you contact recruiting?
The opinions expressed by me do not represent the Canada Border Services Agency or the Government of Canada

BSO

JEagle10

Postby JEagle10 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:45 am

OJ88 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 pm
Just curious if anyone knows how they fill the intakes at Riguad? I noticed before the last thread was shut down that people had posted on their timeline that they have been accepted for intakes in both January and Febuary. So does that mean only March intakes are left? Do they have April intakes? I received my security clearance roughly 2 weeks ago. My concern is that stages I have already completed will soon be expiring. Not really into having to redo them but obviously will if need be.
To my knowledge no invites have been sent out for January or February, the online portion invites for the January intake should be sent out within the next week or two (according to others)
CBSA
Applied - Sep 2018
OTEE - Sep 2018
Interview - Nov 2018
Pysch - Jan 2019
Pare - Jan 2019
Security papers sent - Feb 2019
Medical - March 2019
Integrity Interview / Clearance granted - Sep 2019
Online: Jan 2020
Rigaud: March 2020

Zepedder
Rookie Member

Postby Zepedder » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Besidehello wrote:
Hello ,

Quebec applicant
It is entirely normal to not hear anything for months. I received my clearance about a month after my interview but there was a year between submitting my paperwork and receiving the invite for the interview where I received no communication.

If anyone is getting impatient or struggling with how long the process takes, just take a look at my timeline lol.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Paperwork- July, 2017
Medical- May, 2019 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Interview- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Zepedder wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:20 pm
Besidehello wrote:
Hello ,

Quebec applicant
It is entirely normal to not hear anything for months. I received my clearance about a month after my interview but there was a year between submitting my paperwork and receiving the invite for the interview where I received no communication.

If anyone is getting impatient or struggling with how long the process takes, just take a look at my timeline lol.
That's an impressive timeline, but not in a good way.
Did they give you any indication on the hold up? I got my clearance August 2018 and was on the January 2019 intake.... Not to rub it in or anything, more just curious.

BSO

Zepedder
Rookie Member

Postby Zepedder » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Zedlinka wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 pm
Zepedder wrote:
Besidehello wrote:
Hello ,

Quebec applicant

Did they give you any indication on the hold up? I got my clearance August 2018 and was on the January 2019 intake.... Not to rub it in or anything, more just curious.
To be fair, I blew out my ACL and meniscus which required reconstructive surgery and delayed me some. But there was still a year alone for my clearance. Then when I redid my medical someone inputted my name wrong and so they claimed they never received my results which resulted in me getting passed up on three rounds of intakes.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Paperwork- July, 2017
Medical- May, 2019 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Interview- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

Zedlinka

Postby Zedlinka » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Zepedder wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:38 pm
Zedlinka wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 pm
Zepedder wrote:

To be fair, I blew out my ACL and meniscus which required reconstructive surgery and delayed me some. But there was still a year alone for my clearance. Then when I redid my medical someone inputted my name wrong and so they claimed they never received my results which resulted in me getting passed up on three rounds of intakes.
So essentially just a series of really unfortunate luck.
Here's hoping you'll get in January. That's the best intake anyway.

BSO

waiting001
Rookie Member

Postby waiting001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:59 pm

My security clearance is taking its sweet time as well.

I submitted my security documents in November 2017 and had my integrity interview in September 2019. still awaiting the results.

I have done PARE and Medical twice and now my physc is about to expire. Recruitment is saying they are really behind on scheduling physc appointments in GTA and I should get an invite in upcoming months.

What a process this has been.
Interview: 09/2017
Psych Assessment: 10/2017 + 12/2019
Medical: 11/2017 + 05/2019
Sec Docs Submitted: 11/2017
PARE: 11/2017 + 10/2019
Sec Interview: 09/2019
Sec Clearance Granted: 10/2019
OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

jwlong
Rookie Member

Postby jwlong » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:00 pm

kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:15 am
kellylihomes wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:02 am

The OTEE result is good forever which is stated on our result sheet.
Wanted to clarify because my result says "Your scores, shown above, are valid for this version only". If the exam changes, will CBSA require you to do that version of the exam thus making your old results invalid?
You are right. I did miss the point. I think it depends on the situation. Let’s say if you are in a process which you already passed the exam, even if they develop another test, you will not take the new test. However, if you apply for a new process, a new test is developed, then you need to take the new test. It is the case that the introduction of OTEE, when I re-applied to CBSA, my previous GT2 and WPCT are not valid anymore.
Hey Kelly any word on security stuff for yourself. ? I haven’t heard anything yet was just wondering cause our timelines are pretty much the same
Applied: August 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018
Interview: Feb 2019
Psy Eval & Interview - April 2019
Med Eval: June 2019
Sec Clearance: Granted Dec 9/19
PARE March 2019:
RPAL: March 2019
OITP:

CaptainMarvel
Rookie Member

Postby CaptainMarvel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:24 am
LOL. If you only knew …

Some of us have been working long hours to repair the damage and restore the forum. We can't get everything back, but we can restore most of it from an older backup file that was not touched.
Amazing work, guys! Big thanks to all the admins/mods for all your hard work getting all this helpful info back online. Can't imagine the hours and effort put into it, it's very much appreciated!
CBSA
Applied: Jan 2019
OTEE: Feb 2019 - results: Mar 2019
Interview: Oct 2019
CFSC/CRFSC: Nov 2019

Besidehello
Rookie Member

Postby Besidehello » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Zedlinka wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 am
Besidehello wrote:
Hello ,

Quebec applicant
The email you got back probably looked something similar to telling you that the Security Stage can take over a year to complete and that it is a work in process, etc, etc. Am I right? It's pretty generic, unfortunately they don't give you much information. Some people will swear that by emailing recruitment, your file gets pushed. I don't know the validity of that, but it is a little odd that a lot of people talk of having something happen with their file pretty quickly after emailing them. Coincidence perhaps. Your integrity interview was in February you mentioned. When did you submit your actual papers? And when did you contact recruiting?

Submitted my papers back in April 2018 , and contacted them 3 months after my February 2019 interview .