RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Wingman19
Veteran Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Wingman19 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:23 pm

js94 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:17 pm
Good Day Everyone,

Someone that is in the process of applying to the RCMP got an email stating that exam exemptions for those that have degrees or diplomas will be cancelled starting June 1st. Anyone heard of this?
Not sure where you're getting your information from, but the site currently states
If you have a Bachelor's degree or a college diploma (minimum two-year) from a recognized Canadian* post-secondary institution, you do not have to write the exam. You'll move on to the next step in the process. You will be asked to provide your university or college transcripts during the application process. Via RCMP site
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

AlbertaMan
Rookie Member

Postby AlbertaMan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 pm

got an email today letting me know i passed the PEP, onto Medical/Psych. I also hope everyone's application is going good :D
AB Applicant

RPAB - 07/17/2019
Selection Package 07/29/2019
Suitability Review Stage 08/27/2019
RMAQ 01/09/2020
RFI 01/20/2020
PEP 03/02/2020
PEP REC 03/09/2020
Field Investigation 03/17/2020
Medical 07/10/2020

Canadianpatriot

Postby Canadianpatriot » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:10 am

AlbertaMan wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 pm
got an email today letting me know i passed the PEP, onto Medical/Psych. I also hope everyone's application is going good :D
Woohoo Congrats man !! Exciting news for ya. Good luck with the rest of your app. Still waiting for RFI here 👍. Thanks for your update brother.
"The more you know, the less you fear" - Astronaut Cpt. Chris Hadfield.

vroom
Rookie Member

Postby vroom » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:04 pm

Putting this out there for CAF mbrs interested in the transfer to RCMP.

Confirm this with your own release cell, but after a conversation with mine (who told me she's processed many transfers to RCMP) it should all go swimmingly like so:

Arrange for your last day in the CAF to be within a day of going to Depot to maintain continuity. You have one year from CAF release to declare what you want done with the pension, so wait until you graduate Depot then begin the paperwork to transfer the pension over. With that will come your salary and leave entitlement. LWOP will not be granted to attend Depot, as it's not in the interest of the CAF.

That's the easy part. Hard part is getting there.

Merlyn1980
Rookie Member

Postby Merlyn1980 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 pm

vroom wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:04 pm
Putting this out there for CAF mbrs interested in the transfer to RCMP.

Confirm this with your own release cell, but after a conversation with mine (who told me she's processed many transfers to RCMP) it should all go swimmingly like so:

Arrange for your last day in the CAF to be within a day of going to Depot to maintain continuity. You have one year from CAF release to declare what you want done with the pension, so wait until you graduate Depot then begin the paperwork to transfer the pension over. With that will come your salary and leave entitlement. LWOP will not be granted to attend Depot, as it's not in the interest of the CAF.

That's the easy part. Hard part is getting there.
I can confirm, my CoC would not entertain LWOP from the CAF for Depot, I had to put in a six month release. I'm sure others have in the past, but with retention what it is right now, the CO's, Chiefs and CM's are making anything short of a full six month release difficult.

Good information for the pension transfer though. Thanks.
Troop #17: Aug 24th, 2020

Silvaticus
Rookie Member

Postby Silvaticus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:05 pm

CAF won't do LWOP? Dang! Wondering now if Service Canada will let me do LWOP? Probably not as it's basically the same in principle. Anyone in here from Service Canada that have gotten LWOP?

On a side note, for some Cadets there is a possibility of receiving EI while attending Depot. You would basically be asking to be referred to training as per https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-soc ... viceCanada.
You have to be considered a long-tenured worker. A long-tenured worker is someone who has:
received fewer than 36 weeks of EI regular and/or fishing benefits in the last five years; and
paid at least 30% of the maximum EI annual premium in 7 of the last 10 years. Depot is a designated training institution in Canada and therefore is eligible for this program. This program has only been around for about 2 years. Before, you had to be referred to training, like an apprenticeship through the province, to be typically eligible for EI while attending a training institution. Basically, the province has no interest in referring someone to training at Depot. With this program, Service Canada is the referring authority.

The problem becomes why you separated from your employment as that can disqualify you.

I can only post what is publicly available information. So if this sounds like an option for you. I would do my research, as this could bump that $525 per week to something a bit more depending on where you are in life and what kind of commitments you may have.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020

Mikevictor
Rookie Member

Postby Mikevictor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:05 pm
CAF won't do LWOP? Dang! Wondering now if Service Canada will let me do LWOP? Probably not as it's basically the same in principle. Anyone in here from Service Canada that have gotten LWOP?

On a side note, for some Cadets there is a possibility of receiving EI while attending Depot. You would basically be asking to be referred to training as per https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-soc ... viceCanada.
You have to be considered a long-tenured worker. A long-tenured worker is someone who has:
received fewer than 36 weeks of EI regular and/or fishing benefits in the last five years; and
paid at least 30% of the maximum EI annual premium in 7 of the last 10 years. Depot is a designated training institution in Canada and therefore is eligible for this program. This program has only been around for about 2 years. Before, you had to be referred to training, like an apprenticeship through the province, to be typically eligible for EI while attending a training institution. Basically, the province has no interest in referring someone to training at Depot. With this program, Service Canada is the referring authority.

The problem becomes why you separated from your employment as that can disqualify you.

I can only post what is publicly available information. So if this sounds like an option for you. I would do my research, as this could bump that $525 per week to something a bit more depending on where you are in life and what kind of commitments you may have.
Are you Psac? PA group? If so article 45 of your agreement is the leave you want to access.

In theory they shouldn't deny it but SC can be not as smart with their decision making. Worst case you quit and reapply to SC even as a casual until you find something.

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Mikevictor wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Are you Psac? PA group? If so article 45 of your agreement is the leave you want to access.

In theory they shouldn't deny it but SC can be not as smart with their decision making. Worst case you quit and reapply to SC even as a casual until you find something.
The person that started the initial discussion only has his 3 month available which is section (a). Most likely used his less than a year.

I was told your LWOP has to cover the entire duration of the CTP

John014
Seasoned Member

Postby John014 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:02 pm

Mikevictor wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am
vroom wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 am
From conversations I've had with recruiting, CAF mbrs on LWOP potentially qualify for a higher rate of pay on enrollment.

Has anyone taken this avenue and if so, did you put your release in while on LWOP?
I don't know about CAF, but I assume it is the same. CBSA, CSC etc get their old rate of pay right out of depot until the rate of pay you would normally be receiving as a member catches up. Processing time varies. One friend waited quite a while for it to be processed so expect to be starting at the regular rate of pay while on rft to be safe if you're planning for bills etc.
This is true ONLY if you are on LWOP up until your graduation date.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

Mikevictor
Rookie Member

Postby Mikevictor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:52 pm

oxlemar wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:20 pm
Mikevictor wrote:

The person that started the initial discussion only has his 3 month available which is section (a). Most likely used his less than a year.

I was told your LWOP has to cover the entire duration of the CTP
Yes, it needs to cover up till you are on rft from what I've been told IF your position is eligible for the pay rate matching. I was told that if you aren't currently an officer of some sort (DFO, CBSA, CSC) then you don't get that option? The LWOP would just be used to secure your substantive position number should something happen during training and you are not able to complete the full 26 weeks.

depending on the collective agreement, there are other forms of leave that some management are willing to allow employees to use. also, you can look at using up your leave if you have any banked plus the 3 month LWOP option. my agreement allows for another kind of LWOP, and the one time special LWOP to happen a second time if the request is at least 10 years apart. Most collective agreements have the blanket LWOP blurb allowing employers to grant LWOP for other reasons but it is discretionary. I've heard of people taking the education LWOP and the care and nurturing 5 year LWOP. depends on what your management will allow.

oxlemar

Postby oxlemar » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:51 pm

When I was a PSE with the RCMP, I was also informed that CM's and PSE's could continue to receive their rate of pay should they apply and be accepted to attend Depot.

Bairdo
Grand Poobah

Postby Bairdo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:05 pm

Mikevictor wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:52 pm
I was told that if you aren't currently an officer of some sort (DFO, CBSA, CSC) then you don't get that option?
This is not true - a buddy of mine received it after going to Depot from Transport Canada.

Sahara13
Rookie Member

Postby Sahara13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:26 am

Anyone here that recently graduated from depot know which provinces are most people being posted to? Are the chances of being posted back to BC if you are from there still high? With Surrey looking to transition into its own police force, are people still getting posted back to the Lower mainland/Fraser Valley?

Canadianpatriot

Postby Canadianpatriot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:43 am

I would like to thank everyone contributedand participated to make this forum available for applicants.. and also thanks to everyone who took their time to answer inquiries or questions ! I find this forum is the most informative among many out there, regardless to the rcmp official website . Thank you all
"The more you know, the less you fear" - Astronaut Cpt. Chris Hadfield.

Silvaticus
Rookie Member

Postby Silvaticus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:41 am

Mikevictor wrote:

I'm under PSAC - tee hee ;)

Thanks! I always forget to look at the Collective. Under 45 (b) it looks pretty broad in scope. Can't see how that would be denied. Personal reasons could literally be anything. Got a pretty good group of management where I work, so least of all it will be a good conversation. I got all my paid time off to attend all my interviews for my application and they've been really supportive and accommodating.
RCMP SK APP
Online App 16/05/2019
S/P Sent 06/06/2019
RMAQ 09/10/2019
RFI 16/10/2019
BGI 28/10/2019
PEP 26/11/2019
PEP Rec 02/12/2019
Med/Psych 29/01/2020
Med Cleared 05/02/2020
Sec start 05/02/2020