Henric Alfredsson

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
OPSGuy for August
Rookie Member

Henric Alfredsson

Postby OPSGuy for August » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Henric Alfreddson;
Did anybody hear that after getting hired by Ottawa Police the brother of Daniel Alfredsson dropped out of OPC after deciding that it was not for him......after he even made the local paper with his big heart warming story......hmmmm..anyways...is this true or rumor? If it is true..unreal...getting what so many want and then quitting..unreal!

Alberta Blue
Sage Member

Re: Henric Alfredsson

Postby Alberta Blue » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:11 pm

I agree. It takes a serious courage to pull the pin when you realize that it isn't for you. I wouldn't want to work with this guy if he didn't want to be there. He would poison the work environment pretty fast.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Henric did drop out of OPC right at final exams. He is now an OPS special constable at courts. I met him th other day and he seems like a nice guy. I heard he really wants to be a firefighter. We now have the first OPC trained police special in Ontario. :D

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:53 pm

OntarioFiveOh wrote:Well trained yes, qualified no. He didn't complete final exams, thus technically isn't OPC trained.

As for the first in Ontairo.... Niagara Parks Police are specials and some of them have done the complete OPC program.

Trained yes, received diploma, no. Now when I say police specials I'm referring to special cst employed by a police service who work out of the court section. Niagara Parks Police are Special cst's employed by the parks commission who are authorized by the minstry to call themselves police. Not an actual police service. So technically, we have the first. Unless there are similar cases in Ontario.

Ricardo Tubbs
Rookie Member

Postby Ricardo Tubbs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:05 pm

well, it doesn't matter where he is working,

all i know is he will be vip at one hell of a Stanley Cup victory party sometime in june, when his brother brings the hardware back north.

Campus-Cst
Seasoned Member

Postby Campus-Cst » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:08 pm

Ricardo Tubbs wrote:well, it doesn't matter where he is working,

all i know is he will be vip at one hell of a Stanley Cup victory party sometime in june, when his brother brings the hardware back north.

I wouldn't count on it either. Too many strong teams this year. Ottawa isn't even a lock to finish first in their division. The way Buffalo is playing they may very well end up facing off in the playoffs and we know how that has gone before.

police_guys_wife
Rookie Member

Postby police_guys_wife » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Settle down all ye "no need for a jealous rage" people. There is nothing in that post that suggests anything close to a jealous rage. It's just a statement. The issue simply lies with the way in which he was hired to begin with- didn't even apply- and then drops out! It just speaks to the fact that the police services shouldn't give special treatment to people just 'cause they have a famous brother- because if someone doesn't even have the initiative to apply, they certainly can't be expected to follow through and finish! I'm sure Henrik is a great guy, and I too wish him the best in whatever he does- but he should never have been hired just because he said in a newspaper interview that "he always wanted to be a police officer". He did not even hand in an application..the recruiters contacted him after this interview with the Ottawa Sun. It was all PR for Ottawa police and has nothing to do with Henrik personally... and you all know that if you really think about it.

Campus-Cst
Seasoned Member

Postby Campus-Cst » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:35 pm

OntarioFiveOh wrote:New Jersey just won putting them in first place in the Eastern Conference.

Montreal will hopefully beat Columbus tonight putting them in first place in the NorthEast division.

Pittsburgh is going to beat Ottawa. It's already 2-0.

That'll knock Ottawa down a few spots in the standings.

4-3 Ottawa OTF

I didn't see that coming. Not quite as big a comeback as your Habs pulled off Ont5-0 but not bad.

OPSGuy for August
Rookie Member

Postby OPSGuy for August » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Well...I started this of as a question..but then get slammed with accusations of jealousy and jealour "rage"...please look rage up in dictionary; anyways...some of the reply's that I just read reaffirmed why I left Blueline and haven't been posting..thanks for reminding me again why I stay off here and don't post....too many immature and confrontational reply's....it is disappointing...please don'[t respond to this..I will not post messages back and forth with somebody who wants a confrontation.

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:19 pm

:roll:

Read what and how you posted what you did. The response merits the perception of how you come off in it. Perception is everything.

Are you trying to make people feel bad for responding? Because it won't work.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:56 pm

OntarioFiveOh wrote:Montreal will hopefully beat Columbus tonight putting them in first place in the NorthEast division.

Pittsburgh is going to beat Ottawa. It's already 2-0.

That'll knock Ottawa down a few spots in the standings.

2-0 for Columbus in the first and Ottawa wins 4-3.

You suck and your team blows!!! Woot!!!!
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

Alberta Blue
Sage Member

Postby Alberta Blue » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:19 pm

Jim Street wrote::roll:

Read what and how you posted what you did. The response merits the perception of how you come off in it. Perception is everything.

Are you trying to make people feel bad for responding? Because it won't work.

I don't know Jim, he almost hurt my last feeling. :((

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Well, I am sure he hurt Gard's. He's a sensitive warm and fuzzy guy.

Ooops. These things are the reason this guy "doesn't post anymore" My bad. :wave:
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby SPC » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:35 pm

I wanted to take this time to let everyone know that this is the last straw, I will no longer be posting on Blueline due to your callous, irresponsible, and incendiary remarks towards OPSguy. I am ashamed at your complete lack of maturity and thought in being so vicious.

oh wait...the post was crap and the responses justified. My bad! :drinking: looks like y'all are stuck with my tremendous wit, good looks, and charisma until you decide to badmouth the next person!! Post on!
"When we act on behalf of others, we have no moral authority to forgive on their behalf, to allow evil for the sake of tolerance, or to turn the cheek of anyone but ourselves."