RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Silvaticus

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Silvaticus » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 am
Well I'll be...

Security Clearance granted! Woohoo! :alright:
Today has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Phew!

Troop 12!

Eagles1992

Postby Eagles1992 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm
Silvaticus wrote:
Well I'll be...

Troop 12!
Congrats stranger! :D

Glasgow
Rookie Member

Postby Glasgow » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:41 pm

Congratulations

Tango5oh6
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5oh6 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Hey Wingman19, I see you recently did your medical. Would you be able to elaborate on what the medical consisted of and how long it took?

I have a 5 hour drive to get to Edmonton to do mine, trying to figure out if I can get medical and psych done in the same day.

Wingman19
Veteran Member

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:02 pm

Tango5oh6 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:49 pm
Hey Wingman19, I see you recently did your medical. Would you be able to elaborate on what the medical consisted of and how long it took?

I have a 5 hour drive to get to Edmonton to do mine, trying to figure out if I can get medical and psych done in the same day.
Medical consists of bloodwork, they take 4 vials of blood. You also do a
ECG (Electrocardiogram) which checks your heart. They take your weight, your waist size and you fill out a form. You will need your health card, your family doctor information/location and your applicant number. It took 2 hours for me. It can take longer If you are heavily overweight, you might have to do some exercises with weights to demonstrate that you can complete basic workouts as part of your medical assessment.

As for trying to schedule both together, you need to contact Occupational Health Service in your division directly to have them try and work that out. If it cannot be scheduled together, ask to schedule it back to back (ex, Monday and Tuesday) so at least you can book a hotel. Unfortunately, it sounds like its going to be a wild ride, the good thing is once you have those out of the way, it is simply a waiting game unless you get called back for a follow up interview with the psychologist.

There is a Facebook group for RCMP applicants from all parts of Canada that you can join.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med: Dec/20
SC: :boxer:
Municipal apps: On-Going

Eagles1992

Postby Eagles1992 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:20 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:02 pm
Tango5oh6 wrote:

ECG (Electrocardiogram) which checks your heart. They take your weight, your waist size and you fill out a form. You will need your health card, your family doctor information/location and your applicant number. It took 2 hours for me. It can take longer If you are heavily overweight, you might have to do some exercises with weights to demonstrate that you can complete basic workouts as part of your medical assessment.

As for trying to schedule both together, you need to contact Occupational Health Service in your division directly to have them try and work that out. If it cannot be scheduled together, ask to schedule it back to back (ex, Monday and Tuesday) so at least you can book a hotel. Unfortunately, it sounds like its going to be a wild ride, the good thing is once you have those out of the way, it is simply a waiting game unless you get called back for a follow-up interview with the psychologist.

There is a Facebook group for RCMP applicants from all parts of Canada that you can join.
I reside in Edmonton and recently completed my medical. For your psychological exam that will be done at K division which is by the medicentre where your medical exam will be conducted. Plus, there are malls around so you can kill time (if they are not closed due to covid-19). Also, you will have to complete your blood work at dynaLIFE, however, the good news is they accept walk-ins. So, yes it possible to get everything on the same day but not likely.

Tango5oh6
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5oh6 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:22 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Tango5oh6 wrote:

As for trying to schedule both together, you need to contact Occupational Health Service in your division directly to have them try and work that out. If it cannot be scheduled together, ask to schedule it back to back (ex, Monday and Tuesday) so at least you can book a hotel. Unfortunately, it sounds like its going to be a wild ride, the good thing is once you have those out of the way, it is simply a waiting game unless you get called back for a follow up interview with the psychologist.

Awesome thanks for the info Wingman! I was given 2 separate numbers to call to schedule the 2 appointments. I have my psych booked for the afternoon, and was trying to figure out how long the medical would take. The nice lady I spoke to at the clinic said she would get back to me but never did haha.

Tango5oh6
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5oh6 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Eagles1992 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:20 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Tango5oh6 wrote:

As for trying to schedule both together, you need to contact Occupational Health Service in your division directly to have them try and work that out. If it cannot be scheduled together, ask to schedule it back to back (ex, Monday and Tuesday) so at least you can book a hotel. Unfortunately, it sounds like its going to be a wild ride, the good thing is once you have those out of the way, it is simply a waiting game unless you get called back for a follow-up interview with the psychologist.

I reside in Edmonton and recently completed my medical. For your psychological exam that will be done at K division which is by the medicentre where your medical exam will be conducted. Plus, there are malls around so you can kill time (if they are not closed due to covid-19). Also, you will have to complete your blood work at dynaLIFE, however, the good news is they accept walk-ins. So, yes it possible to get everything on the same day but not likely.
Good to know thanks! I figured the medicentre was next to KDiv when she said it was on Kingsway. Looks like Ill be getting a hotel for 2 nights then. Hoping the lockdowns are lifted by then, can at least take the Mrs. out for a nice fancy city dinner lol.

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Silvaticus wrote:
Well I'll be...

Troop 12!

Congrats, see ya at depot.
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP:20/12/18
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
BGI:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med/Psych:03/10/19
Psych int:16/10/19
Med Clearance: 16/01/20
SC: 28/07/20
Troop: Troop 8 January 25th,-July 26th 2021

Redbox19
Rookie Member

Postby Redbox19 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:52 am

Quick question from a new applicant. I applied to the RCMP and recently submitted my selection package and was recommended to move on. The issue im facing now is there are some things i failed to disclose in my RMAQ. This was the first time ive filled one out and with all the other paperwork due in a 1 week time frame while working full time i didnt take the time to really sit and think about each question and filled it out more generally then i should have. I should state that while i havent done anything that is an automatic dismissal there are some things i wouldnt want to lie about in a polygraph. My question is

A) when i do the rmaq phone interview, if there are multiple things i disclose at that point will it disqualify me? I would like to disclose these things prior to a polygraph as the thought of lying that far into the process is already making me anxious as i read stories from other people here.

B) if i fail the polygraph and am dismissed. Will other police forces that i am applying to be aware of my polygraph results? Again nothing i failed to disclose is that bad. Im more worried about failing to disclose it rather than the subject of the incident.

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:42 am

Redbox19 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:52 am
Quick question from a new applicant. I applied to the RCMP and recently submitted my selection package and was recommended to move on. The issue im facing now is there are some things i failed to disclose in my RMAQ. This was the first time ive filled one out and with all the other paperwork due in a 1 week time frame while working full time i didnt take the time to really sit and think about each question and filled it out more generally then i should have. I should state that while i havent done anything that is an automatic dismissal there are some things i wouldnt want to lie about in a polygraph. My question is

A) when i do the rmaq phone interview, if there are multiple things i disclose at that point will it disqualify me? I would like to disclose these things prior to a polygraph as the thought of lying that far into the process is already making me anxious as i read stories from other people here.

B) if i fail the polygraph and am dismissed. Will other police forces that i am applying to be aware of my polygraph results? Again nothing i failed to disclose is that bad. Im more worried about failing to disclose it rather than the subject of the incident.
First of all, if you want to be successful here you need to make sure you take the time to fill out the paperwork to the absolute BEST of your ability.

Second, you can't be the judge of whether something "is that bad", "it's an automatic dismissal", or "if I do or don't do this will it disqualify me?" that's going to come down to the RCMP to make that call. ALWAYS be honest and forthcoming, no half answers.

If you are already aware that you've left something out. Email your recruiter with what you would like to add to your RMAQ:

SECTION X, QUESTION X

The small space they give you on the RMAQ for your answers is really just a "suggestion". I added several pages to my RMAQ.

Best practice. Don't have anything left to disclose by the time you get to the Polygraph if you get to that point. Memory can be weird. You will remember things as you go through the process. Make sure you stay in touch with your recruiter.

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:52 am

DanyD92 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:07 pm
Silvaticus wrote:
Silvaticus wrote:
Well I'll be...

Troop 12!

Thanks. Looking forward to it! Are you packed yet?! January 25th is starting to look awfully close.

Also, don't give up on your dreams kids. Only took me 7 years to get that call! :twitch:

Xfit
Rookie Member

Postby Xfit » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:38 am

Hey!! Any Sask applicants recently received a security clearance? Just wondering how long after you found out you were medically cleared and if you received an email stating your file was being reviewed at the security stage? Thank you.

DanyD92

Postby DanyD92 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:16 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:52 am
DanyD92 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:07 pm
Silvaticus wrote:

Troop 12!

Thanks. Looking forward to it! Are you packed yet?! January 25th is starting to look awfully close.

Also, don't give up on your dreams kids. Only took me 7 years to get that call! :twitch:
About 90% packed, gotta get a few little things here and there. Flying out on the 19th.
BC
App:23/9/18
RPAB:28/11/18
SP:20/12/18
RMAQ Rec:16/07/19
RFI: 25/07/19
BGI:6/08/19
PEP:15/09/19
PEP Rec:01/10/19
Med/Psych:03/10/19
Psych int:16/10/19
Med Clearance: 16/01/20
SC: 28/07/20
Troop: Troop 8 January 25th,-July 26th 2021

John014
Seasoned Member

Re: Troop12 anyone?????

Postby John014 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 pm

Deek13 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:49 pm
Just looking to get in contact with anyone going to depot for troop 12 in February
Don't do it.

Meet them there.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer