RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Deek13
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Contact:

Troop12 anyone?????

Postby Deek13 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:49 pm

Just looking to get in contact with anyone going to depot for troop 12 in February

User avatar
N_McKenna
Regular Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Location: Vancouver Island
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby N_McKenna » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:23 pm

Stripes wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:00 am
N_McKenna wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:41 am
VanSmack wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:35 pm


The federal government and NPF are actively negotiating a new CBA that will impact our pay and compensation package. The RCMP hasn't has any pay/compensation adjustment in more than 4 years, and their salary currently ranks in the mid 130's of around 137 police agencies in Canada. This new package is anticipated to put them somewhere more in line with the top ten if not higher, so I wouldn't put too much stock in where we're at now, as it will undoubtedly be drastically different by the time you get through your application and graduating from Depot.
Hey VS,
Any updates on when negotiations may be finalized?
It is still a ways away. They are hammering out the first collective agreement from scratch. This will involve negotiating hundreds (if not more) different things. It doesn’t stop at base salary. They have to negotiate leave types, benefits, working arrangements, accommodation issues, discipline processes, some kit and clothing, allowances... the list is very very long. Once the union and Treasury Board come to an agreement of sorts, it would be presented to the membership for a vote. Long road ahead still, and patience is important. If the NPF isn’t thorough and gets blinded by a raise, they may well lose other valuable things. It’s a give and take.
Thanks stripes

SComt0619
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby SComt0619 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

Hey everyone, Ontario applicant here and new to this forum. Anyone hear anything about HQ delaying SC due to the lockdown in Ontario?

Thanks!
2019-06-11apply
2019-06-17received
2019-07-17recommended
2019-12-18RMAQ interview
2020-01-10RFI
2020-01-21recommended
2020-02-19Polygraph
2020-02-24recommended
2020-03-03medical
2020-03-17psychological
security clearance
Troop

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Wingman19 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:07 pm

SComt0619 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm
Hey everyone, Ontario applicant here and new to this forum. Anyone hear anything about HQ delaying SC due to the lockdown in Ontario?

Thanks!
Have you received an email that your SC has initiated or file is in Final Suitability, Final Review, Troop review - whatever its called lol. The lockdown is really for public establishments (malls, restaurants, bars, gyms, etc). Offices are still open, especially at my work place. Its probably slowed down due to reduced working hours (I'm just making an educated guess). I would just keep living life and remain patient.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med: Dec/20
SC: :boxer:
Municipal apps: On-Going

SComt0619
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby SComt0619 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:19 pm

Wingman19 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:07 pm
SComt0619 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm
Hey everyone, Ontario applicant here and new to this forum. Anyone hear anything about HQ delaying SC due to the lockdown in Ontario?

Thanks!
Have you received an email that your SC has initiated or file is in Final Suitability, Final Review, Troop review - whatever its called lol. The lockdown is really for public establishments (malls, restaurants, bars, gyms, etc). Offices are still open, especially at my work place. Its probably slowed down due to reduced working hours (I'm just making an educated guess). I would just keep living life and remain patient.
I have received that SC had initiated lol. Oh yes living life as best as I can! The process for sure is a lengthy one.
2019-06-11apply
2019-06-17received
2019-07-17recommended
2019-12-18RMAQ interview
2020-01-10RFI
2020-01-21recommended
2020-02-19Polygraph
2020-02-24recommended
2020-03-03medical
2020-03-17psychological
security clearance
Troop

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Wingman19 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:06 pm

SComt0619 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:19 pm
Wingman19 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:07 pm
SComt0619 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm
Hey everyone, Ontario applicant here and new to this forum. Anyone hear anything about HQ delaying SC due to the lockdown in Ontario?

Thanks!
Have you received an email that your SC has initiated or file is in Final Suitability, Final Review, Troop review - whatever its called lol. The lockdown is really for public establishments (malls, restaurants, bars, gyms, etc). Offices are still open, especially at my work place. Its probably slowed down due to reduced working hours (I'm just making an educated guess). I would just keep living life and remain patient.
I have received that SC had initiated lol. Oh yes living life as best as I can! The process for sure is a lengthy one.
It is indeed.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med: Dec/20
SC: :boxer:
Municipal apps: On-Going

sig1992
Regular Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby sig1992 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:43 pm

I’m still waiting to hear back regarding my SC, I did my phone interview 2 weeks ago but I’ve been wondering since, is CPR certification still a requirement for cadets prior to their enrolment at Depot?

I’m thinking more in terms of a post Covid-19 world, will I still need to somehow re-certify on firstAid/CPR? Or has an exception been made? Can anyone in a similar stage/anyone heading to Depot clarify? Thank you!

sig1992
Regular Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby sig1992 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:54 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:43 pm
I’m still waiting to hear back regarding my SC, I did my phone interview 2 weeks ago but I’ve been wondering since, is CPR certification still a requirement for cadets prior to their enrolment at Depot?

I’m thinking more in terms of a post Covid-19 world, will I still need to somehow re-certify on firstAid/CPR? Or has an exception been made? Can anyone in a similar stage/anyone heading to Depot clarify? Thank you!
Disregard, received an answer from recruiting!

Thebluefalcon123
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:22 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Thebluefalcon123 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:41 am

Hello everyone, first time poster here.

Going Into the polygraph in a few days and am honestly psyching my self out a bit. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

macgillivaryaj
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby macgillivaryaj » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:30 am

Thebluefalcon123 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:41 am
Hello everyone, first time poster here.

Going Into the polygraph in a few days and am honestly psyching my self out a bit. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Most people are nervous going in. Just be honest and you will be fine. Seems pretty vague but thats how you pass. I was told if you think it, say it. Let the examiner decide if its relevant. Good luck.
NS Applicant
App: 10/15/19
SP submitted: 10/25/19
RMAQ: 03/31/2020
RFI: 04/22/2020
RFI passed: 04/24/2020
PEP: 08/17/2020
PEP Rec: 09/01/2020
Psych: 09/21/2020
Medical: 09/21/2020
Medical Follow-up: 11/03/2020
Med Rec: 11/30/2020
SC:
Troop:

Silvaticus
Regular Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Silvaticus » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:42 am

Thebluefalcon123 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:41 am
Hello everyone, first time poster here.

Going Into the polygraph in a few days and am honestly psyching my self out a bit. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Being nervous is normal. This forum has a lot of talk about the polygraph test, I would highly recommend searching and reading (there's a lot of pages to skim through though).

Short version:
1. Dress business casual. Iron your shirt. Dress pants. Shine your shoes. I forego a tie because it gets in the way but if you feel like a tie is necessary, go for it. You're going for an interview with Canada's National Police Force (that's what the Sergeant advised me prior to my interview).
2. Be honest. If you've been thorough on your RMAQ, you've got nothing to worry about.
3. Leave feeling "too embarrassed to talk about it" at the door. This is a naked conversation.
4. Arrive early. Minimum 15 minutes.
5. It gets less nerve racking the more times you have to do it (hopefully you only have to do it once) :thumbsup:

It is supposed to be stressful. Be confident in yourself.

Good luck!

Silvaticus
Regular Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Silvaticus » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 am

Well I'll be...

Security Clearance granted! Woohoo! :alright:

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:53 pm

Silvaticus wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:47 am
Well I'll be...

Security Clearance granted! Woohoo! :alright:
Congrats.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med: Dec/20
SC: :boxer:
Municipal apps: On-Going

Jesse123
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:03 pm
Contact:

ADHD and RCMP application

Postby Jesse123 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:05 pm

I am currently in the middle of an RCMP application. I have my RFIT interview on the 11th. I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child but outgrew all the symptoms a long, long time ago. I am not taking medication and I have a steady job and a strong academic record. What are the chances that they will defer my application?

User avatar
Wingman19
Veteran Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 am
Contact:

Re: ADHD and RCMP application

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Jesse123 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:05 pm
I am currently in the middle of an RCMP application. I have my RFIT interview on the 11th. I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child but outgrew all the symptoms a long, long time ago. I am not taking medication and I have a steady job and a strong academic record. What are the chances that they will defer my application?
Half the population in the world has some form of ADHD. Its one of the most overdiagnoised neurobehavioral disorders. A clinical psychologist is someone who would determine you have ADHD and the severity of it and if you should be taking medications for it.

Disclose it when they ask you about it, tell them you did not take any medications. You will be fine, stop overanalyzing.
RCMP ON APP Dec 4 2019

SP: Dec16 2019
QA: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suit: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
Field Investigation: June/20
PEP invite: Sept/20
PEP rec: Sept/20
Psych: Nov/20
Med: Dec/20
SC: :boxer:
Municipal apps: On-Going


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests